+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Needing for advice for the fastest way for sponsoring

eudymendoza11

May 28, 2009
Hello everyone..

I am a Filipina and my cousin from Manitoba wants to sponsor me for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for skilled workers. And I am about to submit my application form. And my cousin wanted me to apply as a single.

With this, I had a problem with regards to my fiance (my boyfriend). Can you give me some advice how can I make my fiance to be in Canada in the fastest way? I do understand that I can sponsor anyone after staying for a year in Manitoba and can support financially whoever I want to sponsor.

And according to the Application kit, we cannot go to Canada together unless our marriage is already 1 year-old. So I had this thing in mind to get married after my visa was released and go to Canada, and when I am already in Manitoba, I will declare that I got married before going in Manitoba. Is this a good idea?

Or if you have any good advice based on your experience or your friend's experience on how can I sponsor my husband (soon-to-be-husband) in the fastest way getting in Canada, please tell me.. And it would be a great help.. so that I can now process my application... or please email me at eudymendoza11@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance and God bless us all!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you living with your boyfriend for 12 months or more? If yes, then you are considered common law partners and you can not apply as a single. If no but you marry him before you go to Canada, that can cause a problem because you applied as a single.

If you can not apply together, you should go back later and marry him and then apply to sponsor him as a spouse. You do not do that under Manitoba program so you do not have to live in Manitoba for a year before you do that. You just have to be PR.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
eudymendoza11 said:
Hello everyone..

I am a Filipina and my cousin from Manitoba wants to sponsor me for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for skilled workers. And I am about to submit my application form. And my cousin wanted me to apply as a single.

With this, I had a problem with regards to my fiance (my boyfriend). Can you give me some advice how can I make my fiance to be in Canada in the fastest way? I do understand that I can sponsor anyone after staying for a year in Manitoba and can support financially whoever I want to sponsor.

And according to the Application kit, we cannot go to Canada together unless our marriage is already 1 year-old. So I had this thing in mind to get married after my visa was released and go to Canada, and when I am already in Manitoba, I will declare that I got married before going in Manitoba. Is this a good idea?

Or if you have any good advice based on your experience or your friend's experience on how can I sponsor my husband (soon-to-be-husband) in the fastest way getting in Canada, please tell me.. And it would be a great help.. so that I can now process my application... or please email me at eudymendoza11@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance and God bless us all!
With all due respect, what you're doing is fraud and mis-representation of your marital status unless you want to clarify. You said you have a 'fiance', although you're not married, you're NOT single. But more scary is the fact that you want to get married 'after' you get your visa and then you say you want to declare yourself as married. With this kind of mindset you will have an extremely though time living and working in Canada.

I certainly don't want to judge you, as you may be honest, but your post looks very fishy.

eudymendoza11

May 28, 2009
Thank you...
We live separately. All I want is for him to be in Canada the fastest way. So, maybe I will just do what you advised me to stay at least a year in Manitoba, then marry him.. and be his sponsor. Do you have any idea how long the process of sponsoring a husband.. sorry for the question..

eudymendoza11

May 28, 2009
Thank you Leon...

Joogle, I am still single.. and there's nothing fishy with it. Well I can't blame for my idea.. So maybe I will just do what Leon advised me to do.. I think I just have to wait..

But do our marriage have to mature for at least a year before I can sponsor him?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joogle said:
With all due respect, what you're doing is fraud and mis-representation of your marital status unless you want to clarify. You said you have a 'fiance', although you're not married, you're NOT single. But more scary is the fact that you want to get married 'after' you get your visa and then you say you want to declare yourself as married. With this kind of mindset you will have an extremely though time living and working in Canada.

I certainly don't want to judge you, as you may be honest, but your post looks very fishy.
It's not fraud and misrepresentation to say she is single even though she has a fiance because unless there is another status she can pick, she IS single. As far as I know, there is no marriage status on the CIC forms that is "have fiance but not married" so if there isn't, then she is single until she marries him or until they have lived together 12 months which would make them "common law".

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eudymendoza11 said:
But do our marriage have to mature for at least a year before I can sponsor him?
I think you are confusing common law with marriage. Common law partners are not married but they have to have lived together for a year before they can apply. If you marry someone, you can apply to sponsor them right away. It takes average 6 months to sponsor a spouse through Manila.

eudymendoza11

May 28, 2009
Hi leon..

Okay.. So I have to wait for a year and a half... whew.... thank you.. I am just confused right now because that is a big issue for us.. long distance is a very crucial thing..... lol

I guess I have to work hard in the hospital to save.. Thank you...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you keep saying you have to wait a year? What happens in a year? Why can you not marry your fiance until a year from now?

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
i myself was sponsored under a provincial nominee program last year. i went back to my home country a mere 9 months after i got to Canada and married my fiance. I then went back to Canada and filed to sponsor her as my spouse - and this all happened before i even spent 1 year living in Canada.

Aside from what Leon is saying that you may be confusing common law with marriage when you keep saying "1 year", maybe the reason why you think you have to be married for 1 year is because you are thinking you need to provide 1 year's worth of financial documents to get your spouse - you don't. When sponsoring only your spouse, you do not need to provide this.

I would say the fastest way you can get your soon-to-be husband is go through the application as a single... Having him as your fiance now does not make a difference. Once you get approved, go to Canada to become a landed immigrant. Then, as you see fit, go back to your home country (once you get your PR card) and marry your fiance. Then go back to Canada to sponsor him, no need to wait a year.

eudymendoza11

May 28, 2009
Well as what you have explained, and because it's from your own experience that is the best thing to do. I keep on saying for a year because first and foremost, I need to be secure financially in Canada. And as my visa will be approved, I will be staying at my cousin's house, and it would be a big hassle for him and his family if my husband and I will be there right? And it is not comfortable having two families in one roof..

Now I know that as soon as I marry my fiance, I can now sponsor him to go to Canada..

By the way, how long did you wait before your husband came there in Canada? How long is the process...

Thank you for all your advises mrs mlye and leon...

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
eudymendoza11 said:
Well as what you have explained, and because it's from your own experience that is the best thing to do. I keep on saying for a year because first and foremost, I need to be secure financially in Canada. And as my visa will be approved, I will be staying at my cousin's house, and it would be a big hassle for him and his family if my husband and I will be there right? And it is not comfortable having two families in one roof..

Now I know that as soon as I marry my fiance, I can now sponsor him to go to Canada..

By the way, how long did you wait before your husband came there in Canada? How long is the process...

Thank you for all your advises mrs mlye and leon...
I am still waiting for my wife (not husband) :) I just finished the first stage approval (approval to sponsor) and still face a lot of waiting time. The first stage approval took less than a month.