+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED URGENT HELP!

datass

Jan 16, 2016
So I have a nephew in canada who is also my cousin, the relationship is complicated since my mother's brother married my half-sister, thus making me both uncle and cousin to my anchor relative.

And so i was wondering if i could apply for assylum and my anchor relative being my nephew (who is also my cousin). I need help to understand whether its a problem if they see this kind of a weird realtionship? will they reject my claim for assylum? since it sounds weird.

What should I do?

Regards,

datass

Jan 16, 2016
Any admins to answer me please??? My interview at the POE is in a few days and I would like to know if I am eligible...

Cyberjack

Sep 3, 2014
Cic has nothing to do with your relation,once you are in Canada.
Most important thing is what is your story for asylum?
Which country you belonge to?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Cyberjack said:
Cic has nothing to do with your relation,once you are in Canada.
Most important thing is what is your story for asylum?
Which country you belonge to?
As he is going to claim his protection at the US-CANADA border so to be eligible to enter into canada to make his refugee claim he needs a relative to be present in canada otherwise he will not be eligible to enter into canada (without a visa) or to make his claim at border.
So to fulfill this requirement he need a proof that his nephew lives in canada.
he has already been told previously on this forum that it is perfectly fine for him. if he has a multiple relationships with the same person (who lives in canada) it is perfectly fine as it is a very common thing. 2ndly the nature of relationship between his nephew and any other person has no bearing or effect on the fact that he is a nephew (that is all which will be determined at the border).

@datass
your eligibility is based on the relationship between you and your anchor relative no matter how complicated the relationship is within your family structure. the definition of a nephew is "the son of your sister" so it doesn't matter with whom your sister is/was married or with whom your nephew got married. the only fact that he is your nephew is good enoff to make to eligible to claim at the border.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
datass said:
Any admins to answer me please??? My interview at the POE is in a few days and I would like to know if I am eligible...
Admins don't answer questions on the forum.

If you want someone from the legal firm who sponsor this web site to answer your question - they you will need to hire them and pay them for their services.