+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to return to Canada.

harsh2708

Jan 9, 2024
Hello, I am in very confusing situation right now.
I had applied for my pr on may 5th 2023. Unfortunately I had to travel back home(india) on Nov 6 2023. After that I received a PR confirmation portal email in which i declared that I am not in canada. They responded with the instructions to let them know when I am back. So what should my next steps to be able to return to canada. I had my flight book for 25th Feb. Also, If i had received pr confirmation portal eamil does that mean that my work permit isn't valid anymore? Please help.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello, I am in very confusing situation right now.
I had applied for my pr on may 5th 2023. Unfortunately I had to travel back home(india) on Nov 6 2023. After that I received a PR confirmation portal email in which i declared that I am not in canada. They responded with the instructions to let them know when I am back. So what should my next steps to be able to return to canada. I had my flight book for 25th Feb. Also, If i had received pr confirmation portal emails does that mean that my work permit isn't valid anymore? Please help.
Getting the email does not mean your permits or visa becomes invalid. You did the right thing by informing IRCC that you were out of the country. Right now they have paused your application until you return. So you can travel as normal with no issue, my only suggestion would have been to book an earlier flight. Late January or early February would have been best. You don't want them to forget your application because you took too long to return lol.