+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help please!!! Urgent

manu_pena

Jun 27, 2011
Hello friends , I come again to you guys for some info and guidance. I have a friend that is being persecuted back home by gang members due to a car crash he was involved in, hes completely innocent but its sure not the case for these criminals. He has all police reports, pictures , etc.. Everything he might need for his case. And its Because of this same fear he left to America on a tourist visa but is afraid for his life so he refuses to go back to his country. He plans to arrive at the canadian border w/ Quebec and request asylum in person, at the border, hoping to be taking in , and of course go through all the procedures while in Canada. Can anyone shed some light on whether its doable, advisable? If anyone knows or has heard anything of a similar situation ? Please any answers would be deeply appreciated. Leon I must request you assistance once more , or anybody.

Thanks

Manu

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's very likely not going to work.

The US and Canada have something called the Safe Third Country Agreement when it comes to claiming refugee status. The Safe Third Country Agreement states that you must claim asylum in the first country you reach. In his case this country is the US. Because he's coming from the US, he cannot claim asylum in Canada (unless he qualifies under one of the exceptions to the agreement). More information here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/stca-etps-eng.html