+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Info !!!

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hello,

Greetings !! :)

This is vaishnav from India. I got an admit from Humber College in Wireless and Telecommunication for Jan'13 intake. How is the course and also, the JOBS? "My main aim is to get a PR and get settled in Canada" ! :)

Please find my profile :

B.tech(EEE) - 74.21%
Ielts- 6.5 (No band less than 6)
Gre-297/340

Any other suggestions? :)

Please do reply. :)

Warm Regards,
Vaishnav Gowni

tiger007

Champion Member
vaishnavgowni said:
Hello,

Greetings !! :)

This is vaishnav from India. I got an admit from Humber College in Wireless and Telecommunication for Jan'13 intake. How is the course and also, the JOBS? "My main aim is to get a PR and get settled in Canada" ! :)

Please find my profile :

B.tech(EEE) - 74.21%
Ielts- 6.5 (No band less than 6)
Gre-297/340

Any other suggestions? :)

Please do reply. :)

Warm Regards,
Vaishnav Gowni
Hi,

Nearly everyone form Indian subcontinent... who are planning to enter Canada as student... wants to get that Canadian PR. You are not the 1st person to aim for that. ;)

You have a good profile. You should definitely try for M.S in some recognized public university in your area of study (EEE). If you are not into research..try to find a course based MS/Meng.
To see the list of recognized Universities and colleges (listed Province wise) participating in Off campus Work permit(OCWP) and Post Grad work permit(PGWP) (which will let you work and eventually get PR in Canada after studies through student immigration routes...) check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
You can go for M.S in Computing/computer sci., provided if you have adequate computing subjects studies during your B.Tech/ have background and the University accept you.
Go through all the University websites, find an appropriate MS/related programme(s) and contact the various universities/ departments for further information like exact eligibility, how you can apply and all by writing a common email showing your interest to pursue that particular programme and presenting your detailed profile. You will have to do this work yourself.

Unless you are absolutely sure, that you have done adequate research on this Humber - Wireless and Telecommunication programme... and is best for you... It will be better.... applying to a good M.S (EEE or related field) programme in University, which will not only raise your chances of getting the study visa, but also make your resume better and your shot in getting that skilled job more realistic!

You can go for Humber college or any other college... But chances of getting a skilled job (related or not to your area of study) and success largely depends on the individual.

There are several student immigration routes (Federal CEC and various Provincial govt. schemes) after completion of your studies in Canada. Most of them require you to get a skilled job.
To know more about each routes, check this post of the official links of all the student immigration programmes available:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Nearly everyone form Indian subcontinent... who are planning to enter Canada as student... wants to get that Canadian PR. You are not the 1st person to aim for that. ;)

You have a good profile. You should definitely try for M.S in some recognized public university in your area of study (EEE). If you are not into research..try to find a course based MS/Meng.
To see the list of recognized Universities and colleges (listed Province wise) participating in Off campus Work permit(OCWP) and Post Grad work permit(PGWP) (which will let you work and eventually get PR in Canada after studies through student immigration routes...) check this link:
You can go for M.S in Computing/computer sci., provided if you have adequate computing subjects studies during your B.Tech/ have background and the University accept you.
Go through all the University websites, find an appropriate MS/related programme(s) and contact the various universities/ departments for further information like exact eligibility, how you can apply and all by writing a common email showing your interest to pursue that particular programme and presenting your detailed profile. You will have to do this work yourself.

Unless you are absolutely sure, that you have done adequate research on this Humber - Wireless and Telecommunication programme... and is best for you... It will be better.... applying to a good M.S (EEE or related field) programme in University, which will not only raise your chances of getting the study visa, but also make your resume better and your shot in getting that skilled job more realistic!

You can go for Humber college or any other college... But chances of getting a skilled job (related or not to your area of study) and success largely depends on the individual.

There are several student immigration routes (Federal CEC and various Provincial govt. schemes) after completion of your studies in Canada. Most of them require you to get a skilled job.
To know more about each routes, check this post of the official links of all the student immigration programmes available:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Thanks a lot :) I had applied to Saskatchewan, Mcmaster, Calgary and Carleton but it was rejected (my aggregate was less). I missed September intake because of that. Now, I had applied to Humber College and Concorida University. I received Humber's admission and waiting for Concordia. :)

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Tiger

Could you help me in figuring out some low Budget and good Universities for MBA which require both Work Ex and GMAT Exam ??

Actually I am confused between Course based masters ( M.Engg in IT related stream like S/W Engg ) or MBA for fall 13 Intake ?

Note : My B.Tech is in Electronics and Work Exp is in IT Company ( >2 years in SAP ) so what would be ideal choice for me as I don't want to go in Research or Core Technical Line'and that's why i listed above Course based masters only

Please help ASAP as time is running out !!!!! I posted this query on other post as well so please dont mind . You can provide your inputs to any one of them

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
hey tiger...please provide ur inputs:

HI,

i am looking for the jan, 2013 session for my Pg diploma course....i have visited to few consultants and they said the following facts:

1. whatever i do....pg diploma course of 2 yrs (16 months) or MBA ...i will get 3 years of work permit for sure and after a yr and half i can apply for PR which i will get easily. moreover, i don't have to do the relevant job and even without a job i can stay there for 3 complete years.

---- first of all, as i have read in other blogs people are generally talking about pg certificate...and i have been told pg diploma...please throw some light on the same.
---- secondly, another consultant says that after completion of my pg diploma course gets over i dont get a job ín next two yrs, then i can not stay for the 3rd year and come back to INDIA. is it true ?
---- thirdly...if i don't get a job from their NOC list or job classified under 0, A or B category, am i eligible and can apply for the PR ?
---- As they have mentioned public universities across the blog, so i was confused whether the statement from the consultant is applicable for PG diploma courses or not.

2. As i am from marketing background and have four yrs of marketing and advertising experience. majorly(3yrs) in advertising, which pg diploma course i should go for, keeping in mind the eligibility for PR ?

---- Consultant told me to go for coop pg diploma course as i will do 6 months paid internship for sure under this programme which will help me in getting job further after the completion of the course. my query is if i don't get the opportunity to do the training for those six months course then will i have to come back and no further extension of 3 yrs will be given to me ? and how easy/ difficult to get these internship ?

queries after getting a job:

3. even if get a job under their NOC list .....is there any limit on the salary amount which we need to earn while doing the job ? for eg: if i earn less then 3000$ per month, then i am not eligible for PR.

4. After how many yrs of work exp, we can apply for PR ?

5. which are best colleges to go for pg diploma course in marketing/ business management which also helps in getting internship too...?

6. are there any govt. / publicaly funded universities too, which are better then the govt. colleges and offer MBA degree in less cost as compared to other expensive universities ?

please reply....anyone who is applying for jan 2013 seesion ...please get in touch...thx

tiger007

Champion Member
gaur9786 said:
hey tiger...please provide ur inputs:

Hi,

i am looking for the jan, 2013 session for my Pg diploma course....i have visited to few consultants and they said the following facts:

1. whatever i do....pg diploma course of 2 yrs (16 months) or MBA ...i will get 3 years of work permit for sure and after a yr and half i can apply for PR which i will get easily. moreover, i don't have to do the relevant job and even without a job i can stay there for 3 complete years.

---- first of all, as i have read in other blogs people are generally talking about pg certificate...and i have been told pg diploma...please throw some light on the same.
---- secondly, another consultant says that after completion of my pg diploma course gets over i dont get a job ín next two yrs, then i can not stay for the 3rd year and come back to INDIA. is it true ?
---- thirdly...if i don't get a job from their NOC list or job classified under 0, A or B category, am i eligible and can apply for the PR ?
---- As they have mentioned public universities across the blog, so i was confused whether the statement from the consultant is applicable for PG diploma courses or not.

2. As i am from marketing background and have four yrs of marketing and advertising experience. majorly(3yrs) in advertising, which pg diploma course i should go for, keeping in mind the eligibility for PR ?

---- Consultant told me to go for coop pg diploma course as i will do 6 months paid internship for sure under this programme which will help me in getting job further after the completion of the course. my query is if i don't get the opportunity to do the training for those six months course then will i have to come back and no further extension of 3 yrs will be given to me ? and how easy/ difficult to get these internship ?

queries after getting a job:

3. even if get a job under their NOC list .....is there any limit on the salary amount which we need to earn while doing the job ? for eg: if i earn less then 3000$ per month, then i am not eligible for PR.

4. After how many yrs of work exp, we can apply for PR ?

5. which are best colleges to go for pg diploma course in marketing/ business management which also helps in getting internship too...?

6. are there any govt. / publicaly funded universities too, which are better then the govt. colleges and offer MBA degree in less cost as compared to other expensive universities ?

please reply....anyone who is applying for jan 2013 seesion ...please get in touch...thx

Hi,
Do not get confused unnecessarily. Always consult the official websites for the correct and up to date info and not private blogs.

1. Yes, as long as you do a 2 acd. year/4 sem any post secondary course form a recognized Canadian educational institute, you will be eligible for a 3 years open PGWP.
To know more about various work permits for international students:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp
Here's the list of recognized eductaional instiutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP:
It will give you enough time to figure out a way to get PR. You can also come back to India, without a PR. It's on you. It's false that after 1.5 years you will get PR. It actually depends on the student immigration route you choose.

There are many student immigration schemes like the Federal govt. CEC to many Provincial nominee programmes.Most student immigration programmes, require that you 've a skilled job(NOC O,A or B). But there are Provincial nominee programmes like Sask PNP and Manitoba PNP, which requires you to do any job (including NOC C,D).
Check out the list of official links, and go through all the immigration programmes, and decide for yourself, which you may want to pursue to--

2. I need to know your exact profile. If you have a 4 years Bachelor's degree(with min 60-70% depending on the university), then appear for GMAT (min. 550), IELTS (min. overall 6.5) and along with your 4 years work ex, you can easily apply for MBA at recognized Canadian public universities. If you are falling short on the academics part, then you may join lower rung MBA's like that in VIU or some 1 year or 2 years PG certificates/diploma at any of the Canadian colleges. If 3 years PGWP is your priority... the go for a 2 years Business related PG course in Canadian colleges (which are few) -- GBM at Centennial college, GBM at Humber college, 2years PG course in Business management at Lambton college - Sarnia campus, Toronto campus, Lloydminster (Alberta/Saskatchewan) Campus. Lambton Toronto campus is cheaper not only in terms of lower tuition fees (as compared to Centennial and Humber) but also there are many opportunities for part time jobs in Toronto/GTA. If you are solely confused on Sask Provincial Nominee immigration programme, you may go to Lambton college, Lloydminster campus, but availability of part time jobs will be lower as compared to Toronto.(http://www.lambton.on.ca/Toronto/BMGT/)
You may also pursue 1 year PG certificate programmes in specialized field such as Marketing, Advertising, Strategic Relationship Marketing Program at George Brown college, but these will give you ONLY 1 year PGWP. (http://www.georgebrown.ca/B409-2012-2013/)

3. There is no such condition. Although, if you are doing legally a full time job in Canada, you will be paid according to the prevailing market wages.

4. Again it depends on the student immigration route you choose. Some may require you to work for 3 months, 6 months or 1year before you can apply for PR/provincial nomination.

5. Most colleges are more or less same. Some colleges are popular and widely known such as NAIT, SAIT, GBC, RRC etc. Ultimately, it all depends on your individual talent, skills, networking ability and dash of luck to get that internship or skilled job of your choice.

6. Some of the prominent recognized universities with low tuition fees/ cost of studies, especially for graduate level are:

Memorial University
University of Manitoba
University of Saskatchewan
University of New Brunswick
University of Regina
University of Prince Edward Island
St. Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia
Acadia University, NS

Some of the above may have limited graduate level programmes available.

You will need to do research, check for appropriate programmes, check eligibility, intakes and if you 've got doubts contact the concerned universities.

Best of Luck.

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Hi Tiger,

thx for he reply.

I have done BBA in marketing which is of 3yrs in duration. This is being affiliated through I.P University(Delhi) and i have scored 61% in it. I don't want to give gmat so what are the best options i have in terms of universities which are having good reputation of market. now as you said all colleges are almost same then which college have good reputation in marketing field.

out of four yrs of exp, my 3 yrs of exp in advertising(client servicing). so what are the chances of my PR get processed if don't do a job in advertising in canada...?

have u seen any candidate doing a job which is not relevant to his past work ex and still gets a job....?

regards,
Gaurav

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ Tiger,

We have been discussing from long and I have started to implement things.

I have one query to you : I am decided to go for GMAT and then MBA from some good and low Budget Universities

Do you think that pursuing MBA after 2 yrs of Work Ex in IT ( SAP Software- Enterprise Resource planning) is good enough OR whether I should pursue Course based masters like M.Engg in Engg management/Tech Mngt or some other masters which is not very much programming inclined.

One more thing, I am currently preparing for IELTS and will be giving the Exam in oct Last , after that I will join the 3 months coaching for GMAT ( on Weekends only ) and will be giving GMAT by Jan Mid so I want to heard from you that I can go ahead and it is not late. I checked the deadline and it is around Feb/March

Can I consider Australia as backup option because there GMAT is not required but again getting PR is tough + Aus is a way costly.

Please provide you inputs to all my doubts.

Thanks !!

tiger007

Champion Member
gaur9786 said:
Hi Tiger,

thx for he reply.

I have done BBA in marketing which is of 3yrs in duration. This is being affiliated through I.P University(Delhi) and i have scored 61% in it. I don't want to give gmat so what are the best options i have in terms of universities which are having good reputation of market. now as you said all colleges are almost same then which college have good reputation in marketing field.

out of four yrs of exp, my 3 yrs of exp in advertising(client servicing). so what are the chances of my PR get processed if don't do a job in advertising in canada...?

have u seen any candidate doing a job which is not relevant to his past work ex and still gets a job....?

regards,
Gaurav
Hi,

Please go through the official links of all student immigration programmes.

If you read carefully, you will find.. that MOST of them require you to get ANY skilled job (NOC O,A or B) and not tie you to a job in your area of study/previous work experience.Getting a job in advertising has no direct relation to your PR processing as long as you get a skilled job. Only some provinces like Newfoundland & Labrador , Alberta require you to get a job in your area of study.

You can get PR , as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and apply under a specific student immigration route of your choice.

Since you are a 3 years Bachelor degree holder, you will NOT be eligible to apply for MOST of public university MBAs in Canada. It's upto you to go for lower rung MBA's like in VIU or some 1 or 2 years PG certificate/diploma in any of the colleges.

Hope it is clear.

dawood2k

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well bro everybody AIM to come canada is for the PR..hehe..nothing new in that but i would advise you humber is a good college but the approval rate for the humber is very less..i dont know many of them said like this on this forum..and started the topic saying aviod humber college etc...ur profile is good but as u get the visa and when u arrive in canada transfer your course to the university and after completion of your studies u can apply for the PR...

THESE ALL ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS..

Reagards,
Dawood2k

rahul61988

Sep 18, 2012
Dear Friends.
Am B.tech in ECE with 67% in 2009 with 2years work experience in relevant field.
I scored 7 bands in ielts with no band less than 6.
I got offer letter from humber college in wireless telecommunication.
As the program is only for 8 months from jan to august,pls tell me about the work permit????
Does the wp increases on doing one more pg program like project mgt after wireless telecom???
Can i change the program from humber college to fleming college in wireless inf.networking pg program for 2 years,pls tell the refund policy and extending visa point of view???
My ed.loan is about to sanction for 11 lacs and medical on next weak.i was about to apply after it but now fully confused,pls sort my problem.
i will be thankful to you.

rahul61988

Sep 18, 2012
pls help

Dear Friends.
Am B.tech in ECE with 67% in 2009 with 2years work experience in relevant field.
As the program is only for 8 months from jan to august,pls tell me about the work permit????
Does the wp increases on doing one more pg program like project mgt after wireless telecom???
Can i change the program from humber college to fleming college in wireless inf.networking pg program for 2 years,pls tell the refund policy and extending visa point of view???
My ed.loan is about to sanction for 11 lacs and medical on next weak.i was about to apply after it but now fully confused,pls sort my problem.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: pls help

rahul61988 said:
Dear Friends.
hi,
whats your duration of your b.tech.........is it 4 year or less then 4 year(paas,hnours.)......?
according to rules if you got admission in 8 month program then you will be given 1 year work experience.
i think no. you can't change your course humber to fleming.
visa point of view depend overall profile. if you have good academic,relevant work experience ,financial then definitely you will got it.

rahul61988

Sep 18, 2012
Hey brother.Thanks for replying.
I dnt wnt to waste my money by coming over here.
I have three plans:-
a) Complete 2 PG programs,one after the other like First i will do PG diploma in Wireless Telecommunication at Humber (8 months) and then PG diploma in Project Mgt.at any college.Will this two 8 months program be considered as 2 years program and will it increase my work permit to 3 years ???
b) Second is come to canada and change my college from Humber to Fleming in same PG diploma program.But Humber is offering 1 year PG Program in wireless telecommunication and Fleming is offering 2 year PG program in wireless networking.Will i get admission in this college and will i get refund from humber college ??? And do i need to inform CIC in this case when both program levels are same ???
c) Last option is completing PG program of wireless telecommunication at humber and then shifting to manitoba or sasketwin if i dnt get any job in toronto ???

Pls guide the best solutions.