+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Info...Getting PR Card staying in USA...Pls help!!!!

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
I hope someone can help me with proper information.... Is it possible to give my friends's address who stays in Toronto to get my PR Card instead myself physically staying there until I get my PR Card?

Basically I have got some important project in Chicago, IL, USA and can not take break, so I'm planning to land in Buffalo and finish the landing formalities then giving my friend's address to send the PR Card. Once my friend gets my PR Card then they can mail the cards to my USA address.

But I'm not sure whethe it's legal to do so??? Because I do not want to loose my PR Card after all the efforts as well as putting my friends in problems!!!

As anyone has done this and got your PR Card to your USA Address???

Appreciate someone could help me....

Thanks in advance

Rgds
Navya

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can use your friend's address in Canada. And yes - he can mail it to you in the US.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Scylla responded well to your question.

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
scylla said:
Yes - you can use your friend's address in Canada. And yes - he can mail it to you in the US.
Dear Scylla,

Thanks for the response. So its not mandatory to stay in Canada physically to get PR Card??? Because I believe it takes minimum 6 to 8 weeks to get PR Card from the date of landing. My only issue is as of now I do not have Job offer in Canada but got a very good one in Chiacgo. I do not want to quit the present one until I get in Canada.

Landing using a single entry visa and finishing all the formalities is not atall a problem but however getting a PR Card is becoming a issue (staying out of Canada)

Hey from your status got to know that you recently landed in Canada, Congrats!!!

Navya

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
loolo said:
Scylla responded well to your question.

Thanks Loolo for response, my only issue as of now is to get PR Card staying in USA, I hope someone has done that and got their PR Card with out any issues