+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with PRTD

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
Hello, I got my eCoPR on Feb 14 and still waiting for PR card. And this week my Dad was admitted in hospital due to a heart condition. Thankfully he is okay now. I want to be there and stay with him.
So can I travel and apply the PRTD from home ? The option to apply PRTD is grayed out in the PR portal. I am aware that I need to be outside canada to apply for it. But I just want to make sure that I can.
Please someone help me.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Of course, why wouldn’t you be able to do it? The PRTD was created for people in your situation.

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
Of course, why wouldn’t you be able to do it? The PRTD was created for people in your situation.
Yes but the option is greyed out for me. And I asked my sister to login to the PR Portal from my home country as well. Still it's greyed out. So I don't know if it's possible to apply from there. I tried to contact IRCC but they won't connect to the agents as they are all busy.

Don't know if It's okay to leave Canada or I need to wait until I get the PR card.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Yes but the option is greyed out for me. And I asked my sister to login to the PR Portal from my home country as well. Still it's greyed out. So I don't know if it's possible to apply from there. I tried to contact IRCC but they won't connect to the agents as they are all busy.

Don't know if It's okay to leave Canada or I need to wait until I get the PR card.
It is probably greyed out because you are in Canada, they are tracking your passport not your IP address. So the option will probably become available once you exit the country and your passport gets scanned at the border.

Reactions: CNP

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
It is probably greyed out because you are in Canada, they are tracking your passport not your IP address. So the option will probably become available once you exit the country and your passport gets scanned at the border.
Oh okay. I hope that's true. Thank you for your reply.

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
Your concern that it is grayed out, was it addressed ? You can apply for PRTD if you are PR already but do not have PR card - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html
I got the eCoPR confirmation on February 14. So I guess I have PR already except I didn receive the PR card yet. But right now the option to apply for the PRTD is greyed out for me to apply for it.

But I have been told by someone that when I leave Canada it will allow me to apply for it. So I am counting on that and gonna leave Canada this week.

Reactions: Daren2023

mdkjb

Oct 20, 2023
Hi,the PRTD section is greyed out for me on the portal.
I saw some people saying that this is because I'm still in Canada and that it should be available once I'm out of Canada. Is that true? Did anyone experience this and can confirm?

Context: I'm received the e-COPR on Oct 13, but my photo is still under review. I'm travelling in December and want to make sure I can return to Canada without any issues.

Isha gautam

Apr 8, 2024
Hi,the PRTD section is greyed out for me on the portal.
I saw some people saying that this is because I'm still in Canada and that it should be available once I'm out of Canada. Is that true? Did anyone experience this and can confirm?

Context: I'm received the e-COPR on Oct 13, but my photo is still under review. I'm travelling in December and want to make sure I can return to Canada without any issues.
Hi did your issue got resolved?? I am also facing the same issue. My view section in the PR portal is greyed out