+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help: Student Visa and SOWP via SDS

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi All,

I need some information on the success rate of applications of Student Visa and SOWP together. On the CIC website they've mentioned that applying for Spouse, if accompanying is faster if applied together. I've paid the 1st year fees for a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Management from Cape Breton University. I have a work experience of 9 years and married to my spouse from past 8 years.

We are applying for Student visa + Sowp via the same form in SDS. Is that advisable?

Thanks for helping out! Would really appreciate inputs.

Nov 11, 2019
Hi All,

I need some information on the success rate of applications of Student Visa and SOWP together. On the CIC website they've mentioned that applying for Spouse, if accompanying is faster if applied together. I've paid the 1st year fees for a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Management from Cape Breton University. I have a work experience of 9 years and married to my spouse from past 8 years.

We are applying for Student visa + Sowp via the same form in SDS. Is that advisable?

Hey did you get visa?

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, I did. Got it approved on March 12th, applied on 26th February. We applied together.
If you don't mind could you please share a draft of your SOP. I've secured admission from CBU for the same course and in the process of applying for visa.
Would really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi All,

Hi Jedi_returns

I'm new here.. can you provide the procedure to apply in detail?

Carltonjean

Dec 11, 2019
Yes, I did. Got it approved on March 12th, applied on 26th February. We applied together.
Dear Jedi,
Can you pls explain about the list of documents and the Type of SOP u prepared for it?. Whether in Single SOP, both the Study purpose and the reason for taking the partner along to be mentioned?. Or 2 separate SOP.
Your guidance would help many..
Thanks in advance

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
If you don't mind could you please share a draft of your SOP. I've secured admission from CBU for the same course and in the process of applying for visa.
Would really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks
Hi
When did you apply and did you receive any update..?

zamsel

Jan 5, 2024
Hello, im applying sds+sowp for my husband. My college starts in may 2024. our marriage is less han a month old but he has been my common law partner for over a year. is it advisable to apply for sds and sowp together or seperately? We want to fly together in April 2024.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, im applying sds+sowp for my husband. My college starts in may 2024. our marriage is less han a month old but he has been my common law partner for over a year. is it advisable to apply for sds and sowp together or seperately? We want to fly together in April 2024.
You can apply together with marriage certificate and proof of common law (leases, bank accountants, utilities). Do you have enough cash in the bank?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’ve paid my one year tuition fees and have GIC 20000 CAD. About 6lac proof of funds for sowp
You have minimum amount if program is one year. You can try. You may be approved and spouse refused. Both of you need to show strong ties to return. You need to show career/education progression with higher salary to justify costs.

zamsel

Jan 5, 2024
You have minimum amount if program is one year. You can try. You may be approved and spouse refused. Both of you need to show strong ties to return. You need to show career/education progression with higher salary to justify costs.
Yes the course is one year. May I know why the spouse would be refused? If it’s for the proof of funds, how much would you suggest we show?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes the course is one year. May I know why the spouse would be refused? If it’s for the proof of funds, how much would you suggest we show?
Spouse’s work permits are not guaranteed if you are approved. Your study permit may be approved because your tie to return is your spouse. Strong reasons to return are family. So you need to show strong ties to return if you both want to come (jobs, income properties, business, investments etc.). If you are taking a Masters/Phd then spouse has a better chance of approval. For funds, you need to show $26k in living expenses so you are using all your savings to come to Canada. You will want to show how the program will give you more financial benefits/higher pay to justify the costs.