+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding refund from the IRCC

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I recently got my COPR and I completed the virtual landing however my TRV application is still in progress. I already requested to cancel/withdraw my TRV application but I still didn't get the refund.

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get the refund from the IRCC? I know their website shows 8 weeks but I don't think it takes complete 8 weeks for the refund. Can someone please share their experience who recently got refund from the IRCC?

Thank you very much in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I recently got my COPR and I completed the virtual landing however my TRV application is still in progress. I already requested to cancel/withdraw my TRV application but I still didn't get the refund.

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get the refund from the IRCC? I know their website shows 8 weeks but I don't think it takes complete 8 weeks for the refund. Can someone please share their experience who recently got refund from the IRCC?

Thank you very much in advance!
Based on what I've seen here, it's typically 2-3 months for a refund to be processed.

Reactions: itspossible9

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I'm in a similar situation. Canceled TRV 1 week ago through webform..Still shows submitted..However, I got an email that my request was received and forwarded to the relevant office. They were clear that if the processing is already at an advanced stage, there may be no refund.This should not be the case because I was.not asked to submit passport yet. I am sure the delay is because they are processing many cases. Ours are in a queue waiting to be refunded.
I think they should refund the money as they never processed our TRV application. People are waiting from January for the passport request. Please let me know if you get any update on your TRV application.

Reactions: Kevin2020

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I'm in a similar situation. Canceled TRV 1 week ago through webform..Still shows submitted..However, I got an email that my request was received and forwarded to the relevant office. They were clear that if the processing is already at an advanced stage, there may be no refund.This should not be the case because I was.not asked to submit passport yet. I am sure the delay is because they are processing many cases. Ours are in a queue waiting to be refunded.
If possible can you please paste their response in this thread?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I will let you know.Let me know if you get one too. When did you cancel your TRV application?
They added a note in my TRV application for withdrawal on 2nd July 2021. Someone told me that it took 3 weeks for them to refund the fees after they added note.