+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help really bad

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
I am stuck in a really bad situation which i have created for myself . My study permit has expired and i did not leave Canada. It has been around a year since it expired. I was aware of it and applied for renewal but the college did not give me a renewal letter that is needed to renew the visa. Their reason was that i have to complete fees . I inquired about it and the college had charged me money that i was not supposed to pay. They do not agree and hence i did not get the letter. I am at a loss for what to do . I have not attended college since the expiry of my visa since i know it is against the rules. I have not done anything illegal other than overstaying the time limit. I know this is s a huge criminal offence and i have created this problem for myself. I do not know what i should be doing in this situation . I do not have any family here . If someone has any advice they can give me i will really be thankful.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
That is my thought, but i really want to finish my studies. I only have another year left for my bachelors to finish. So if i leave what should i do once i reach my country?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's highly unlikely CIC will issue you another study permit due to the overstay.

I think your best bet is to try to transfer your completed credits from your college in Canada to a college in your home country and finish your degree there.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
If i do go back to my home country and re apply is it possible to study in the same program with the same credits. I know it is a long shot that i may even get my visa considering what i have done.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cerebros said:
If i do go back to my home country and re apply is it possible to study in the same program with the same credits. I know it is a long shot that i may even get my visa considering what i have done.
I don't think any of us can tell you for certain if this will be possible. It will be up to the school to decide if they are willing to re-admit you into the program. You will definitely have to pay any fees the school thinks are still outstanding if you want to be re-admitted into their program - or if you want to transfer your credits from that school to a new school.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
I know what you mean . I have a last question , if the college does accept me and provide me with an acceptance letter for continuing the same program, is there hope for getting a study permit if i apply from my home country.
Thank you for all the answers .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cerebros said:
I know what you mean . I have a last question , if the college does accept me and provide me with an acceptance letter for continuing the same program, is there hope for getting a study permit if i apply from my home country.
Thank you for all the answers .
Sorry! I don't know what the chances are. As you know, one of the criteria for obtaining a study visa is that you must demonstrate you have strong ties to your home country and won't overstay. Since you did overstay, my guess is that this will make it much more difficult to obtain a visa again. However I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone else will comment.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to believe that you have stayed in canada long enough to know how to go about things there isnt?

You have come such along to end up coming back home without finishing your studies.Coming back home is not someting you should be considering at this jucnture ok ans pls dont come back home.There a number of things you can do to live there.

Majority of people in this forum are still struggling to get their visas to canada and dont have enough experience.

Send me your email address.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
Cerebros said:
I am stuck in a really bad situation which i have created for myself . My study permit has expired and i did not leave Canada. It has been around a year since it expired. I was aware of it and applied for renewal but the college did not give me a renewal letter that is needed to renew the visa. Their reason was that i have to complete fees . I inquired about it and the college had charged me money that i was not supposed to pay. They do not agree and hence i did not get the letter. I am at a loss for what to do . I have not attended college since the expiry of my visa since i know it is against the rules. I have not done anything illegal other than overstaying the time limit. I know this is s a huge criminal offence and i have created this problem for myself. I do not know what i should be doing in this situation . I do not have any family here . If someone has any advice they can give me i will really be thankful.
Hope to help you. Give me clear and honest answer.
1. you have only one year left to finish your Bachelor degree ?
2. Did you apply to renew your Student Visa.
3. Do you have money to pay for one year tuition fees ?
4. Are you working some where ?
5. Where you are these days,which city ?

Answer to my questions honestly, so I can get you off from this mess, you have created your self.
Don't worry.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Habil said:
I want to believe that you have stayed in canada long enough to know how to go about things there isnt?

You have come such along to end up coming back home without finishing your studies.Coming back home is not someting you should be considering at this jucnture ok ans pls dont come back home.There a number of things you can do to live there.

Majority of people in this forum are still struggling to get their visas to canada and dont have enough experience.

Send me your email address.
I know i have put too much effort, time and money into this and i don't want it to go to waste.
ashokcan said:
Hope to help you. Give me clear and honest answer.
1. you have only one year left to finish your Bachelor degree ?
2. Did you apply to renew your Student Visa.
3. Do you have money to pay for one year tuition fees ?
4. Are you working some where ?
5. Where you are these days,which city ?

Answer to my questions honestly, so I can get you off from this mess, you have created your self.
Don't worry.
Yes i just have 1 year left for my Bachelors. Money is not an issue. I have not worked at all since it is against the law to attend college or work once the study permit has expired. I am in Brampton.