+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help pregnancy issues

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks for all the suggestions. as i am working on contract in india and cant have a long leave like 6 months to come to canada and have new born here. i am thinking of giving birth to new born in india and after finishing my contract i will coem to canada with family if my newborn gets visitor visa otherwise coem to canada find a job and then sponsor the newborn.

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
dreamcanada said:
thanks for all the suggestions. as i am working on contract in india and cant have a long leave like 6 months to come to canada and have new born here. i am thinking of giving birth to new born in india and after finishing my contract i will coem to canada with family if my newborn gets visitor visa otherwise coem to canada find a job and then sponsor the newborn.
which state r u planning to land??? and when...im landing on 26th in toronto

P

pv

Good luck dreamcanada....
I wish it works out well and in less time.

Getting Visitor visa is very difficult for your kid or spouse if you are on PR, your best option would be sponsor your kid and this process will have its own ups and down

once again good luck

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DreamCanada

Think very well about the decision you're making here, it may come back to bite your ass big time!!!

You've been given good advice by good people on this forum and I think you should sit down and reason it out. Unless you have a strong and compelling reason not to go to Canada now, the best bet for you is to go land now with your wife and have your baby in Canada and save yourself a lot of grief and headache.

Peace!!!

confirmedimmigrant

Jun 2, 2010
Hi.. to all who have pregnant wives and want to give birth in your home country. All i can say is be wise, cos once u give birth in ur home country is a different ball game entirely. why not do ur baby a favour and give them the status of the canadian born child and benefits that goes with it. consequences of given birth outside canada as a PR IS GREATER than given birth in canada. Once your wife is close to due date she is on no fly list, by then too late...........Secondly for those who are yet to apply and have pregnant wives well its best you apply now and u can always update... cos if u wait to give birth b4 applying, sorry you might not be on the list again... nothing is permanent. i hope this helps....from experience.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks everyone for the advices.Thanks for advice. ur advice made me think twice about future plans. i am thinking how long vacation i need if she has to give birth in canada. as i have to coem back and finish my contract here.i check the airlines websites and they say , u cant travel after 36 weeks of pregnancy . i am planning to travel at 32 week of pregnancy. and come back one month after the birth of baby.

what you guys think of this plan

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
DreamCanada

Good decision!!!!!!!!!
Try to land by 28-30 weeks of pregnancy. As last stage will be very tough time for her.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DreamCanada

I am glad you're rethinking and keeping your options open.

You need to get clear guidelines on the limit from 2 or 3 airlines as they all have different limts, but from what I know, most airlines will not let you travel after 30 - 32 weeks even if you have a doctors letter.

Wishing you the best in your decision making and journey.

Peace!!!

P

pv

Good dreamcanada ...
by coming to canada before your child birth you are making yours and your family memebrs life very happy..

Last night I was doing some research and found some cases in different forums which are similar to your case ( do some google yourself)

case1 - One guy from Asia could not get her Kid to Canada in 3yrs and then decided to return to home country ( some one mentioned here that sponsoring takes few couple weeks... this is not the reality my fren) have been talking and seeing his kid via webcam for all those years

case2- one from India AP, decided to return since he could not get his new child (born in India while he was on PR)

case3- some one from Hungry /middle east had same case + his spouse was also not an PR

Remeber- our PR was under FSW(so called fast track) but when you sponsor someone it takes its own time (2-4 yrs)

Another good word for those who came to Canada on PR as single/bachelor and decided to get married later stage, you will not be surprised to note that your wife would be first rejected the TRV and then years wait for PR [ people around says... somehow bring your would be here get married and then you have chance to getting her TRV extension while you have applied PR from Canada]

Nothing here is to scare you.. but just sharing our research which we did before coming to Canada...

Good luck... members here trying to see you and your family happy and in peace

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks all my friends for the suggestions. i think its problem with all the young guys who are moving to canada , bcoz most of them planning to have baby or wife is already pregnant. anyway thanks guys for ur valued suggestion. it all made me think twice befor etaking any step further

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i send the query to CHC havana and there reply is as below. may be it will help the pregnant ladies to decide what to do.

Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. You should inform the visa office immediately if your family composition has changed or is going to change. The child should be added to the sponsorship, the processing fee paid and a medical examination done. As you are under the FSW category you will need to show evidence of settlement funds for the new family composition.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section , 31
Canadian Embassy, Havana

Calle 30 esq 7ma, Miramar

Fax: (537) 204-1069

Website; www.lahabana.gc.ca
Email: re-havan-immigration@international.gc.ca

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
Good Luck

And Congrats on the newborn

Garrie

Sep 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pv said:
your best bet would be land in canada along with your spouse and have your baby delivered here..
but don;t forget that your medical card will be active only after 90days of lending in Canada
I read somewhere that's there's an exception for pregnant women. They get their medical insurance immediately, without a common 90 day delay period. Cannot provide an official source, so this information should be checked.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are actually not that many provinces that require a 3 month wait time for health care for new PR's but two of them are very popular among immigrants, those are BC and ON and neither of them makes exceptions for pregnant women as far as I know. Another province which requires wait time is Quebec but I believe that they do waive it for pregnancy and childbirth related expenses. The 4th province with wait time is New Brunswick but last I heard, they were talking about abolishing it.

Other provinces will generally cover people moving from another country from day one whether they are new PR's, old PR's, citizens or temporary workers on a permit. Visitors are however not covered.

Garrie

Sep 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
There are actually not that many provinces that require a 3 month wait time for health care for new PR's but two of them are very popular among immigrants, those are BC and ON and neither of them makes exceptions for pregnant women as far as I know.
Good to know, thanks.