+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help pregnancy issues

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
helllo everyone,
i am in a very difficult suitation. me and my wife got my pr visa under new system after applying to cio sydney. my vis ais valid until 18september 2010 and my wife is pregnant and she is due on november 2010. is it possible that after de;ivery in India. i apply to them to extend my pr visa and add my new born baby to my visa also.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not advisable to let your visa expire. If you do that, you will have to apply all over again. You can certainly ask the visa office if it is possible to extend your visa but then you should do it now, not wait until it expires. Another option is to move to Canada before the baby is born and have it born in Canada or just you and your wife go and land in Canada and then go back to India and sponsor the baby for PR later.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks leon,

if i sponsor the baby, i hear it will take 10 years for him to become pr and he will not be getting the benefits of pr like healthcare and tax benefits to the parents.
Thanks again

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Hello,

Both of you can go now & then back to IN. But it will be wise to deliver the baby in Canada....

Its up to you where you want to deliver the baby but you have to enter Canada before visa expire

Thanks...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcanada said:
thanks leon,

if i sponsor the baby, i hear it will take 10 years for him to become pr and he will not be getting the benefits of pr like healthcare and tax benefits to the parents.
Thanks again
10 years!?! Excuse me but that is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard. Who told you that? I wonder why people make up such stories.

Sponsoring a dependent child through New Delhi takes on average 3 months with an added 6 weeks in the beginning to approve you as a sponsor. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/06-fc-children.asp#asia

The only problem with a PR sponsoring a child is that you need to be residing in Canada in order to sponsor and your baby may be denied a visa to come with you. If you can not get a TRV for the baby, sometimes they have been allowed to go on a TRP (ministers permit) but if all else fails, your wife waits in India with the baby and you go ahead to Canada and complete the sponsorship.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks Leon,

I have another query..when i was checking sponsorship class its says there.what does it mean

When you sponsor persons who are members of the family class, you must sign an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (or with the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) if you live in Quebec) promising to provide financial support for their basic requirements and those of their family members immigrating to Canada with them. Basic requirements are food, clothing, shelter and other basic requirements for everyday living. Dental care, eye care and other health needs not covered by public health services are also included. The undertaking ensures these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and/or their relationship to you.

If that person or his or her family member is Your obligations end

your dependent child or a dependent child of your spouse, ten years after that child becomes a permanent resident
common-law or conjugal partner and under 22 years of age or on the day that child reaches age 25, whichever comes first
on the day he or she becomes a permanent resident

can i apply for income tax benfits and other benefits of having child if i sponsor him.

P

pv

your best bet would be land in canada along with your spouse and have your baby delivered here..
but don;t forget that your medical card will be active only after 90days of lending in Canada

I know cases from forums, people had to do so much to bring their newly born kid(if they were not part of initial application) , its not only time consuming but sometime you feel hopeless and frustrating, as Leon mentioned some time they will even reject the TRV visa for your kid..which is so unhuman

If I were you, I will never take this chance... (buy some good insurance) another thing you have to remember that your wife may not be allowed to travel during last 3 months so you may want to act fast on it...

good luck

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks any mor esuggestions. i was checing on airlines website they say u can travel upto 36 weeks of pregnancy

egyptian

Jun 15, 2010
My friend canadadreem;

i am in the same situation exactly like you ....... my wife is pregnant & the delivery date will be last Jan 2011 ..... & i have the visa now...... but for many circumstances the baby will be born in egypt .... but i am planning to land in canada on next Oct & come back to egypt after 2 weeks ......... then i will sponser the baby later .........

but i would like to ask about somthing : can i apply for the child Tax benefit after my baby become PR ( once the sponsering process ending & my child land in canada .... can i apply for the Tax child benefits immediately after landing ).

thank you

LOGICSOFTS

Jul 10, 2010
hey guys..i have a small issue,

i am planning to apply in oct this year under Fed. skilled and expecting my little baby angel in nov... so what should i mention in the form??? and should i pay the fees or not for my baby??

thanks in advance

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Dreamcanada,your best option is to land with your wife and deliver the baby in canada.you can go to provinces like manitoba and alberta where health insurance covers your wife x baby from day one.i was in this kind of situation,i did exactly what i stated above.cheers

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcanada said:
helllo everyone,
i am in a very difficult suitation. me and my wife got my pr visa under new system after applying to cio sydney. my vis ais valid until 18september 2010 and my wife is pregnant and she is due on november 2010. is it possible that after de;ivery in India. i apply to them to extend my pr visa and add my new born baby to my visa also.
Dear friend,
First of all, congratulation on your visa and the little one who is on the way. We all cry out for the visa and sometimes once we get it we face other challenges. Here is what happens after the VO stamped the visa in your passport:
1. The VO kept your file open for few days and during that time you have to make sure that there is no make on the visa as well as on your landing document.
2. After these few days and if no mistakes are reported, your VO close your file and can't be open later.
3. Nobody can renew your PR visa so be in Canada before expiration date.
4. For these reasons, they are trying to inform everybody through the new information sheet that you received after the visa.
In your case, if you contact you VO about the child that you are waiting for, your visa is going to be taking away and you have to start everything from the beginning with new fees, however, right now the pregnancy is only three months you can make a painful decision go to Canada and having your new baby over there to avoid any major problem.
I feel you and wish you all the best,

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thanks alot for the suggestions .. another thing if i give birth to baby in India and then sponsor him to canada.can i apply for the child Tax benefit after my baby become PR ( once the sponsering process ending & my child land in canada .... can i apply for the Tax child benefits immediately after landing ).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcanada said:
can i apply for income tax benfits and other benefits of having child if i sponsor him.
Yes, child tax benefits is something that everybody gets. It is not considered social assistance. Social assistance is when you go to welfare and say "I don't have any money, can you give me some?". If your wife left you with the child and claimed welfare payments, you would get the bill for the child if you had sponsored him.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it would be wise if you deliver your baby in Canada. That way your child will be a canadian citizen by birth. You don't have to sponser him/her. You will start getting childcare benefits instantly. If you land now then after 90 days you will be eligible for medicals benefit. That means delivery of your baby will be covered under it as due date is in Nov 2010.

Please think about option and then make a decision.