+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help-my mom's visitor visa

Mary117

Jun 8, 2017
My mom came to Canada with a visitor visa in 2014. At that time my husband and I were working, and my little girl was on the waiting list of daycare. So mom stayed for 179 days to help me looking after the little girl. Then we left canada together to US for 10days. At that time, we misunderstood the rule about not stay beyond 180 days as a visitor in Canada. We went back to the US/Canada border, and they refused let my mom be back canada with us. My mom signed a paper saying ' Allowed To Leave Canada'.
Is it a really serious problem if next time mom wanna re-enter canada and renew a visitor visa? Is there rules about people in such situation can not go into canada within years?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since it's been several years - this shouldn't be a problem. However she will need to declare in her application that she was refused entry.

Note that CIC would likely classify what she did in 2014 as working illegally. She should be careful in the future when visiting Canada.

Mary117

Jun 8, 2017
Really thank you for your reply.
It's been two years already. Is it better to declare that she did not work during her stay in Canada last time when she submits the application of new visitor visa? Never thought of that before mom looking after grandchild could be considered as working.
Since it's been several years - this shouldn't be a problem. However she will need to declare in her application that she was refused entry.

Note that CIC would likely classify what she did in 2014 as working illegally. She should be careful in the future when visiting Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really thank you for your reply.
It's been two years already. Is it better to declare that she did not work during her stay in Canada last time when she submits the application of new visitor visa? Never thought of that before mom looking after grandchild could be considered as working.
How did they know that your mother look after the child while you both working? Even so, there might be other reasons for your mother to sign the form in 2014.

Mary117

Jun 8, 2017
How did they know that your mother look after the child while you both working? Even so, there might be other reasons for your mother to sign the form in 2014.
Really thank you .
On that paper they gave to my mom, it is said ' Pursuant to paragraph 42(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am allowing you to withdraw your application to enter Canada and to leave Canada without delay.' At that time, We told them the reason why mom stayed such long time cause we need her help looking after kid. We never thought that before it could takes several months to wait for a vacant from a daycare. And they told us it can not stay in Canada beyond 180 days in one year. Just hope mom will be ok next time.