+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for old protected person

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I have question for my old neighbour she is protected person she has back pain she has applied her pr can she go to hospital will she get free medical or not please help thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have question for my old neighbour she is protected person she has back pain she has applied her pr can she go to hospital will she get free medical or not please help thanks
Yes. However if she needs medication or physio treatment then will pay out of pocket. This is not even covered by provincial plans.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-within-canada/health-care/interim-federal-health-program/coverage-summary.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless it is an acute situation (like the inability to walk anymore due to extreme pain or loss of strength in legs suddenly) going to the emergency room will not solve anything. She will need to see a GP and start the process of determining why she is having back pain.

Reactions: Naturgrl