kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Just would like to share my experience applying for TRV thru Buffalo (thanks for the help to job_seeker).
I applied for TRV multiple entry and submitted my application directly to canada consulate in buffalo. I have included everything per checklist except for an itinerary and added some supplemental docs in support of the application. My TRV was processed in less than 2 weeks and have it in hand. BTW, some of the docs I sent was returns to me along with my passport and the visa.

CANCEL

Mar 1, 2010
@kcire when did you apply for your re entry visa?I submitted my application last january 16,until now i did not receive my visa.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Cancel:
I submitted my application 26 January 2012 directly at Canadian Consulate Buffalo. TRV issued 02 February 2012 and I received my passport with the visa on it along with the documents that, which I supposed not needed last 08 February 2012.

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
job_seeker said:
You will have to pay the fees as indicated by the website in Buffalo (not online, should be bank draft, etc). You will then have to mail it to Buffalo (in your case to Fort Erie since you are in Canada and follow what the instructions for mailing say). Probably do the first hurdle first (complete the forms then print them out).

If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

How to pay fees:

Bank draft, Money order, Cashier's cheque
Got it job_seeker, clear enough :) thank you so much for the infos...Appreciate your HELP!! God Bless... :-*

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
job_seeker said:
You will have to pay the fees as indicated by the website in Buffalo (not online, should be bank draft, etc). You will then have to mail it to Buffalo (in your case to Fort Erie since you are in Canada and follow what the instructions for mailing say). Probably do the first hurdle first (complete the forms then print them out).

If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).

Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

How to pay fees:

Bank draft, Money order, Cashier's cheque
I have a problem filling up the application, what should write in the section: "Details of visit to canada" Q#2 "indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada"..{date-from & to} And Q#3.."Funds available for my stay(CAD)...?? what is the possible answer here when you are holding working permit???Please HELP!!! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Try the expiry date of your passport or your contract. If you have savings place the amount of your savings in CAD or the equivalent of your one month salary. You're working here so the officer will know you receive monthly salary.

Adhelsky said:
I have a problem filling up the application, what should write in the section: "Details of visit to canada" Q#2 "indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada"..{date-from & to} And Q#3.."Funds available for my stay(CAD)...?? what is the possible answer here when you are holding working permit???Please HELP!!! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
job_seeker said:
Try the expiry date of your passport or your contract. If you have savings place the amount of your savings in CAD or the equivalent of your one month salary. You're working here so the officer will know you receive monthly salary.
Thank you so much job_seeker :-* Appreciate your BIG---BIG---BIG.....HELP!!! :) Belated HAPPY VALINTINE'S!!!!! God Bless... :)

babyelenette

Feb 16, 2012
hi to all....I need help too...I submitted my application 29 Jan 2012 thru mail and I print the forms from the website and made my application handwritten and send it to buffalo....a friend told me that my application will send back to me because I should have fill-up the form online and after that, print it out before I send it to buffalo with all the needed documents as well...Is my friend right? Is it true that the application is now online? pls help.....my flight is on 27 april.....how long is the processing time? I'm really confused now....please HELP.......thanks and God bless us all..... :(

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
to adhelsky, the date you must put is when is the date your coming back to Canada until the validity of your work permit...about funds, if you have savings account try to put a certain amount...

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
I have just applied for my re-entry visa as well and I sent it to the address in Fort Erie. I mailed my aplication form last Jan 30, 2012 and the visa office in Fort Erie recieved it on Jan 31,2012. And I got my re-entry visa last Monday Feb 13, 2012. Your can use xpresspost regional to save you some money instead of the international as what others are used to. For your fee, you can go to your local bank and ask the teller that you want a bank draft payable to The General Receiver for Canada. Hope this helps. Cheer up!

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
kcire said:
Hi. Just would like to share my experience applying for TRV thru Buffalo (thanks for the help to job_seeker).
I applied for TRV multiple entry and submitted my application directly to canada consulate in buffalo. I have included everything per checklist except for an itinerary and added some supplemental docs in support of the application. My TRV was processed in less than 2 weeks and have it in hand. BTW, some of the docs I sent was returns to me along with my passport and the visa.
Thanks for sharing your experience kcire, appreciate i hope i did the right one.. :(

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
dwine said:
to adhelsky, the date you must put is when is the date your coming back to Canada until the validity of your work permit...about funds, if you have savings account try to put a certain amount...
yap dwine...that's what i did..followed the advise of job_seeker...i just hope i did the right one, quite nervous :(

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
mytammy said:
I have just applied for my re-entry visa as well and I sent it to the address in Fort Erie. I mailed my aplication form last Jan 30, 2012 and the visa office in Fort Erie recieved it on Jan 31,2012. And I got my re-entry visa last Monday Feb 13, 2012. Your can use xpresspost regional to save you some money instead of the international as what others are used to. For your fee, you can go to your local bank and ask the teller that you want a bank draft payable to The General Receiver for Canada. Hope this helps. Cheer up!
cool!! good for you, thanks for sharing...i was actually thought of asking this question here again "where to address the payable bank draft to" thanks so the answer is here!!! thanks mytammy :-* APPRECIATE!!!

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
kcire said:
Hi, I am under the LCP and planning to apply TRV thru Buffalo. I heard it somewhere that I don't need to provide the proof of funds listed in the checklist if I'm a caregiver. What can u say about this?
Thank you