+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP: Citizenship Application Declined

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Ok. Thanks for your feed back. I read it as if they were giving me a chance to redo the calculations n submit it.
No man they were just giving u chance to present anything which proves their calculation wrong. If u r thinkinh u can send them updated calculation using days after u filed ur app NO MY FRIEND THATS DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT.

but if u can prove them that u had a legal status in days they r saying u did not they may process ur app

Reactions: keesio

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Been reading this thread with interest. My two cents.......just withdraw and re-apply. You are definitely not going to get it on this application. I am actually surprised they never gave you more heat for overstaying your visitor visa.

Reactions: Zmaqsood

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
How can I get heat for overstaying? Just a quick piece of info, I always tried to maintain my status here. After my visa record expired I applied for an extension which was granted. Then after I applied ( they lost the app which ultimately put me out of status. I reapplied then they found the app back. I became Pr. I was authorized to stay as per public policy which is stated on my gcms.
Thanks for the opinions but as I have been saying I will wait for them to decline it. I will wait on their final say. Again, I am in no rush. I work for the GOVT, travel a lot without restrictions, I just can’t vote here. I am posting so people can get insights from this unique situation.
Just a quick question if u r not in a rush why heck did u applied for citizenship in the first place soon after meeting 1095 days deadline (which as per u thought u have). Why not wait for years like u r doing now and then apply?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
How can I get heat for overstaying? Just a quick piece of info, I always tried to maintain my status here. After my visa record expired I applied for an extension which was granted. Then after I applied ( they lost the app which ultimately put me out of status. I reapplied then they found the app back. I became Pr. I was authorized to stay as per public policy which is stated on my gcms.
Thanks for the opinions but as I have been saying I will wait for them to decline it. I will wait on their final say. Again, I am in no rush. I work for the GOVT, travel a lot without restrictions, I just can’t vote here. I am posting so people can get insights from this unique situation.
No matter whose fault it is, it doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is, you were out of status.. sorry it happened and it sucks, but there's no way around it.

Reactions: Nikk

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I will wait to get their instructions. For sure, I won’t opt to take the judge’s option. I will reapply. Funny enough tho, at my interview nothing about my physical presence were ever mention even though I could see the big red ‘ non verifiable beside the days I spent as a ‘visitor’. The IO verified my travels in and out, asked where I worked, ask about my marital status and if I had kids and lastly if I had problems with the police then he said ‘ that’s it, you are done.’ Lmao and in my mind am like ‘ wtf’. I am anticipating the rejection so I called and they told me my file is still in process and if they want anything they will let me know. I think they are verifying the physical presence.
It is still safer to apply with enough buffer or verifiable physical presence. At the end, what is 1-2 or even 3 months wait if it means you will have a smoother application vs getting delayed for further verification or worst be referred to a judge.

Reactions: Nikk

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
It is still safer to apply with enough buffer or verifiable physical presence. At the end, what is 1-2 or even 3 months wait if it means you will have a smoother application vs getting delayed for further verification or worst be referred to a judge.
We r wasting our words, this gentleman thinks there is hope and he should wait another year. Let him wait only thing we can say to him is Good Luck

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Did you apply for a extension or work permit before your visitor status expired? If so then you would have had implied status until a decision was made. If you didn't apply before visitor status expired you overstayed in Canada without having a valid status. Not having a valid status would be grounds for IRCC to give you heat. You should have left Canada but you stayed illegally.

I honestly think you are crazy in waiting. When you are denied citizenship you will have to declare that you were denied on any subsequent applications which will open you up for non-routine processing. Who knows how much extra documentation they will ask for and how long your processing time will be. Withdrawing now and re-applying will avoid that.

Nikk

Jan 17, 2013
Hello
Just an update. Given my situation, IRCC requested fingerprints from me. I don't know how to take this. They sent me a letter back in January which i uploaded to this thread. I replied, then they request finger prints even though my GCMS states that i have passed all security and clearance. It also states no reportable trace from RCMP.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello
Just an update. Given my situation, IRCC requested fingerprints from me. I don't know how to take this. They sent me a letter back in January which i uploaded to this thread. I replied, then they request finger prints even though my GCMS states that i have passed all security and clearance. It also states no reportable trace from RCMP.
By now you should have known there's nothing you can do but do what they asked...
My GCMS said the same thing about my clearance and it was cleared a year ago ( and yeah, no reportable trace) but I still got the FP request 3 weeks after my test. It just feels like they are trying all they can to prove I have committed some crime - sometimes I wish I did, then I would just not apply for the citizenship knowing I won't get it for sure ,and save myself from all the agony and suffering from their bureaucratic nonsense .... I will no longer be surprised if in a few weeks they start asking for my blood sample, urine sample, ultrasound, or ... I don't know, sperm sample?

Last edited:
Reactions: JPBless and Nikk

canvan14

May 8, 2014
So you decided to keep going with your current application even after receiving the letter from them stating you do not meet the day requirement?
What was your response after receiving the letter in January for them to request fingerprint from you? That seemed strange.

Nikk

Jan 17, 2013
@canvan14 the letter clearly asked me for a response. I provided the response. I sent an updated physical presence calculator with a letter of explanation.

Nikk

Jan 17, 2013
By now you should have known there's nothing you can do but do what they asked...
My GCMS said the same thing about my clearance and it was cleared a year ago ( and yeah, no reportable trace) but I still got the FP request 3 weeks after my test. It just feels like they are trying all they can to prove I have committed some crime - sometimes I wish I did, then I would just not apply for the citizenship knowing I won't get it for sure ,and save myself from all the agony and suffering from their bureaucratic nonsense .... I will no longer be surprised if in a few weeks they start asking for my blood sample, urine sample, ultrasound, or ... I don't know, sperm sample?
They asked me for FP exactly 3 months after my test. In between they sent me a letter to say i might not have met the residency requirement. i replied then they ask for fingerprints.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I am not sure if there is any delays between FP request and the actual letter regarding not meeting day requirement (i.e. they sent you FP request before verifying the physical calculator).
You responded with the updated physical date calculator to include the days after application submission I assume? As per the rules, this cannot happen since days after submission cannot be counted at all. If you took out dates that are not qualified and sent it back as the updated version, it's clear you do not meet the day requirement.
What did you include in your explanation letter?