+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Guidance - Telecom Engineer

aleekhan1

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
dear all
I am planning to apply for CANADIAN immigration. I am a Telecom professional having 7 yrs of experice with a degree in Computer engineering. When i look for NOC codes i dont see any suitable NOC code for telecom profession its either skill level 0 or skill level B.

Does it mean that i will not able to apply for Canada.

Suggestions/ Guidance is welcome .Looking forward to hear from you all.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
aleekhan1 said:
dear all
I am planning to apply for CANADIAN immigration. I am a Telecom professional having 7 yrs of experice with a degree in Computer engineering. When i look for NOC codes i dont see any suitable NOC code for telecom profession its either skill level 0 or skill level B.

Check out your eligibility if you want to apply as foreign skilled worker.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

The selection factors are:

your skills in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages), minimum 6 band in each module
your education,
your work experience, minimum 1 year
your age,
whether you have a valid job offer,
your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here). canadian education/ canadian work experience/ relative in canada on pr/citizen. Not compulsory but if you have, you get additional points

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear aleekhan, what was the nature of your job? Your position and duties will tell you what NOC best matches your situation. This link will have your answer http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Fill in your Job position and you can find the NOC code that beat matches yours with respect to duties and position. Hope this helps!

aleekhan1

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
i have more than 6 yrs of experience working as Operation and Maintenance of telecom network and Network monitoring.

Does it make any difference in points if you select skill level B while having a university degree in engineering

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
aleekhan1 said:
i have more than 6 yrs of experience working as Operation and Maintenance of telecom network and Network monitoring.

Does it make any difference in points if you select skill level B while having a university degree in engineering
No, It does not make any difference. You are eligible for FSW/Express entry.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
aleekhan1 said:
dear all

Try NOC 2147.

aleekhan1

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Yes i just found that 2147 is most suitable as it has telecom engineer designation as well....

thanks everyone for the guidance....

Brarsidhu

Mar 14, 2021
Yes i just found that 2147 is most suitable as it has telecom engineer designation as well....

thanks everyone for the guidance....
Hello,
How are you.?
Have you got PR?
Can u assist me I also worked in telecom department in operation and maintenance as a field engineer & NOC supervisor.

Brarsidhu

Mar 14, 2021
Naturgrl
Can u assist me to provide noc code for telecom engineer.

Your response will be appreciated.
Thank you

Brarsidhu

Mar 14, 2021
2147 if an engineer or 7246 if technician. You have to decide.
Thank you so much for your response
I worked as engineer on bts as well as transmission( 3 years) . After that I worked as a NOC supervisor also for 2 year.

NOC 2147 Will be suitable for all responsibilities in telecom?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for your response
I worked as engineer on bts as well as transmission( 3 years) . After that I worked as a NOC supervisor also for 2 year.

NOC 2147 Will be suitable for all responsibilities in telecom?
If it matches your job duties then yes. I will not review or look at that so you can decide.

Reactions: Brarsidhu