+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need feedback on visitor visa processing time for residents in UAE

shnoobii96

Apr 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I would just like to know how long it takes to receive approval/rejection for visitor visa for residents (particularly Pakistani residents) in the UAE. My father submitted his visa application on June 23 and it has been over six weeks now. On CIC, it states that 80% of cases are processed within 2 weeks/14 days but I talked to someone (who is also a resident in the UAE) that it takes a minimum of 2 months! Is this true? My father would have submitted his visa app much earlier had we known that but he submitted it after I received my visa approval for study permit for Canada (as I indicated that my father will not accompany me on family info application – hence, he did not submit his visa app in fear that it could lessen my chances for visa approval). He attached an additional letter that he will need a visa to accompany me to make it easier for me to move into university (as i will be studying in the university of toronto).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend you read through the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-applied-in-abu-dhabi-t319220.0.html

sardarkhan

Oct 13, 2012
@shnoobii96

I have filed TRV on June 22, 2015 (49 days) online still no visa issued, UAE resident (pak national)
just received response of my online enquiry that background checks are happening and certain nationalities required certain criteria's(I got valid US, UK & schengen).

my two elders brothers got TRV, one got before the flight for his training to US (2015), it took 22 days (18 working) and 2nd after planned training in canada (2013) it took 36 days (28 working)

these days I have heard the system is down and season is peak so they would be taking more time.

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
Hi all,

i applied for my father visit visa and got refused... so i need some help from all of you... just for the background i will describe my father details.....
My dad is in Dubai, U.A.E and applied from there. He is a employee and also share profits from the company since he manages most of it. My dad is originally from pakistan but he is living in Dubai from 1982.. Gulf countries donot give there citizenship even if u r born there... so his country of citizenship is pakistan....

so refusal wasbased on ...
-purpose of visit (which i gave my dad the invitation to apply stated reason was to celebrate the ceremony of my degree which was actually passed)
-family ties (country of resident and country of visit)
-travel history (i have no idea about this)

this time i m applying again and including my mom as well....

so i just need some help from the seniors

thanks