+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need expert opinion

ali khalid

Star Member
May 4, 2017
1. My sponsor is my wife . She is a canadian citizen but she hasnt been to canada after she got citizenship in 2008 . Because she was a student there . Then they came here to pakistan and she continued her education and didnt go back .
Now that we got married and we have applied . Is she eligible to sponsor . We have canadian ties . Letter of financial support from our relatives in canada .

She doesnt have any job in canada . Will that make any problem for us ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - she is eligible to sponsor.

To be approved, she will need to demonstrate that she plans on returning to Canada to live there once your PR visa is approved. A letter of financial support from your relatives won't be enough - she will want to provide stronger evidence that she plans to return. Does she have any bank account, property or other assets in Canada? Have you started to work with a real estate agent to determine where you'll live? Has she started applying for jobs or does she have a former employer in Canada who is willing to give her a job once she returns?

Reactions: ali khalid

ali khalid

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Yes - she is eligible to sponsor.

To be approved, she will need to demonstrate that she plans on returning to Canada to live there once your PR visa is approved. A letter of financial support from your relatives won't be enough - she will want to provide stronger evidence that she plans to return. Does she have any bank account, property or other assets in Canada? Have you started to work with a real estate agent to determine where you'll live? Has she started applying for jobs or does she have a former employer in Canada who is willing to give her a job once she returns?
No we havent talked to any real estate agent . We sent them a notarized letter of support . Because when we get approved we will live with our relatives first . They have mentioned that in that letter . Once we get our jobs of our own we will then look for a separate house . We provided them a plan on how we will support ourselves . I know our case is weak . Iam so worried

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
No we havent talked to any real estate agent . We sent them a notarized letter of support . Because when we get approved we will live with our relatives first . They have mentioned that in that letter . Once we get our jobs of our own we will then look for a separate house . We provided them a plan on how we will support ourselves . I know our case is weak . Iam so worried
I have heard they have denied even applications who have already been in canada because of not meeting certain financial obligations. Not sure how if your wife has no job or never worked in canada nor own any assets in canada would be eligible but i guess your best bet would be to talk to some lawyer if not apply and find out the hard way sadly. I would suggest she moves to canada stays here for few months gets a job here and then you guys apply.