+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a Quick on Revaluation for IELTS WRITING & SPEAKING

Arod

May 15, 2017
Go for it. Most of the people who opted in for IELTS re-mark had positive results. But it's a long wait 8-6 weeks if you can handle it, plus there's re-marking fees $ 176 (This is how IELTS makes money, they give you 0.5 extra point for your extra cash)

I doubt your mark would go down, worst case scenario is your mark would stay the same.

Best of luck
Hi,

Quick question. It is my understanding that the examiner won´t know the previous score for the category you want to be remarked. However, will he see the other scores?

For instance, if I want a remark in my Writing only, will the examiner be able to see my L/R/S results?

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

Quick question. It is my understanding that the examiner won´t know the previous score for the category you want to be remarked. However, will he see the other scores?

For instance, if I want a remark in my Writing only, will the examiner be able to see my L/R/S results?

You're correct. The new evaluator doesn't know your original score.
This is a quote from IELTS Essential official website:
"Test papers are re-marked by highly skilled people who are not aware of the original marks awarded for each of the components (Writing, Reading, Listening, Speaking)."

JayPei

Jul 2, 2017
Go for it. Most of the people who opted in for IELTS re-mark had positive results. But it's a long wait 8-6 weeks if you can handle it, plus there's re-marking fees $ 176 (This is how IELTS makes money, they give you 0.5 extra point for your extra cash)

I doubt your mark would go down, worst case scenario is your mark would stay the same.

Best of luck
Hey thanks for the reply. Got my report today ( after long wait wait from 11th May to 13th July) but sad to say no change in the score . I had applied for "speaking" remarking.

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017

Best of luck

Hello !! Fellas

Nothing got happened no change of marks . It was a waste of time and money .

IELTS is just making Mickey out of us . .

best,

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
best is you visit your nearest IELTS IDP branch ( Google it acc to city ) and fill the form there and pls take along cancel cheque in case they have to refund your money ( if they increase your band )

Acc to me its waste of time but its worth taking risk you never know ( U can be lucky one )

Good luck !

riteshgirdhar

Jul 16, 2017
Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Mine L 8.5
R 8.5
S 7.5
W 6.5

I applied five weeks back... इस there any way to track the results.... I took test on 25may, bc, india

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Mine L 8.5
R 8.5
S 7.5
W 6.5

I applied five weeks back... इस there any way to track the results.... I took test on 25may, bc, india
You will get the result via email. I do not think we can track it. But it usually takes 4-6 months to re-evaluate. This is what center says. I hope you would get a positive result soon.

JayPei

Jul 2, 2017
Hi
Mine L 8.5
R 8.5
S 7.5
W 6.5

Hi ,
We got the confirmation mail that they received the fee and the original test report on 11th May 2017. We got the same report and a letter saying ( via post ) that 'no change' in the evaluation on 13th July 2017. We did enquiry of results for speaking only. .

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Congratulations.. how much time it took to complete..
I took less than 4 weeks for me. I applied on 11th July 2017 and got the result on 4th August 2017. It is IDP I chose to go for the exam.

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
best is you visit your nearest IELTS IDP branch ( Google it acc to city ) and fill the form there and pls take along cancel cheque in case they have to refund your money ( if they increase your band )

Acc to me its waste of time but its worth taking risk you never know ( U can be lucky one )

Good luck !
"Acc to me".. I hope you don't mean "According to me" because there is no such expression in English Language, you can't reference yourself!

It's always ALWAYS "According to X (another person/ or subject) ". If you want to refer to your own experience, just say: "In my experience...., In my own judgment......, I think...., I believe..., ..etc). My boss used to make fun of Indians or Urdu/Hindi speaking individuals because this is a widely common mistake they make.

Sorry but I just wanted to rise caution about this point.

tpsmant88

Aug 17, 2017
Hi,
I have just got my IELTS scores and they are as follows:
L 8.5
R 8.5
S 7
W 6.5
Shall I go for revaluation as getting 7 in writing will give me CLB9 and will affect my CRS score majorly.
Kindly help.