+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nearly 20 years in north america and got deported, need help getting back.

HomeSick

May 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20th, 2010
Med's Done....
December 12, 2009
Hello my name is Omar, my story is quiet long so bear with me cause I desperately need help.
I was born in Egypt in 1988 and my family and I moved to America in 1992. I think (I'm not exactly sure) we were on a 5 year visa. I lived in New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Florida, Ohio. We lived in America for 10 years (5 year visa x2). I think the problem we had with America is that we couldn't renew our visa once more. Which is why we moved.
We moved to Canada in 2002 and my father applied for a refugee claim in Canada. With it we were able to stay in Canada until the decision was made.

Of course, the entire time, immigration routine and paper work was never on my mind as I was still at a young age to take into account all these things. All my schooling was in North America. Elementary and middle school in America and high school in Canada. I have not once even visited Egypt from the time I first left. I was raised in North America and didn't know any other country other than America and Canada.

I met a girl in high school and we started going out. Since our family are Muslims, I had to keep the relationship a secret from them. After about a year they found out and it was quiet a problem at first. However, they saw me persistent, that I wasn't going to leave her. The girl loved me a lot, she did a lot of things for me, she always wanted me to be better, to chase my dreams and helped out whenever she could. We agreed on the commitment and we got married, for us really and at the same time so that my parents would recognize our relationship. We lived together in Waterloo, Ontario for about a year while we were studying. We then started to get news of immigration problems. That I might need to leave the country as it appears that our refugee claim is likely to get denied soon.
That was the first time I heard of this immigration mess and at the time I didn't think much of it. As time passed, calls from my parents/lawyers increased. Our concern greatly increased on this issue so we went to see the lawyer. The lawyer advised us to apply for sponsorship inside canada. So we did. However, our application didn't even pass the first stage when I got the deportation notice and therefore couldn't apply for an appeal. I was forced to cancel the application in hopes for a sponsorship application outside Canada.
I got deported march 30th 2009. It was the first time I saw Egypt since when I was 4 years old. Complete culture shock. My Arabic was horrible. I couldn't go anywhere without someone asking me where I was from and why the hell I came back to the country. I didn't know what exactly to do other than just wait for the sponsorship application to finish. The lawyer told us that it would take 6-8 months for the application to finish. As soon a I came to Egypt it took a full year to complete my paperwork for me to gather the required paperwork to apply for the sponsorship (delays coming from worker vacations, persistent bribes and just very ancient ways to apply for things). After I applied, my papers got accepted, and my application started processing on June 29th 2010. Until 2013 we have been waiting for a decision from the Canadian embassy in cairo. My wife visited me several times while I was in Egypt. About 4-5 times. However we may have tried to keep our relationship going, these 4 years apart took a heavy toll on us. Regardless of how many times we contacted the embassy and all our papers in order, in 2012, whenever we contacted them, they would tell us a decision will be made before the end of the next month. 5 times they sent us that message. Of course in 2012, my relationship with my wife (due to the distance) was on very uneasy grounds. Until the end of 2012 when she just gave up. She couldn't take anymore. She couldn't wait anymore...
In February of 2013 E-cas status finally changed.
Application status:
Application Withdrawn.

I have wasted the most important years of my life waiting on this application in hopes to return to Canada, to return to a better life, to the country were I was raised in. To return to my schooling and finish and reach my goals. Now it just looks grey..
I don't know what to do.. I'm exhausted. I feel as if I burnt the most important years of my life and I cant get them back.

Things to know.
- Yes, it appears my wife did apply for a divorce which may have caused the application to be withdrawn. (I am no longer in contact with her)
- I did apply for the ARC (application to return to canada) and have payed all the fees
- my paperwork are all in order and complete.

I need help..
I just want to go back home...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Forget about the application that was filed by your (ex)wife. Since she has withdrawn her sponsorship, you have no chance of immigrating through this application.

You'll need to start looking at how you can immigrate to Canada independently. Read through the posts in the Skilled Worker section of the forum and also in the Provincial Nominee section of this forum. Also, read up on the requirements for these immigration streams on the official CIC web site.

I think you should forget about applying for a student visa, tourist visa or work visa. All of these require you to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans to remain in Canada long term. It's going to be very difficult for you to prove this given your history in Canada.

Good luck.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Looking at the number of years you passed here and all your education here, you are very strong candidate for a skill worker category or provincial nominees. Why don't you apply in this category ?

HomeSick

May 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20th, 2010
Med's Done....
December 12, 2009
I have not competed post secondary schooling to apply for a skilled worker application. I thought that it was for people with a degree or a special line of work.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HomeSick said:
I have not competed post secondary schooling to apply for a skilled worker application. I thought that it was for people with a degree or a special line of work.
Completing post secondary schooling is not a mandatory requirement. You may still qualify. Especially if you can secure a job offer in Canada.