+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Sindi1234

Feb 15, 2015
Gil j. said:
We will all probably have the same result because we all have the same curriculum on BN in Philippines.
What is the result of most of the filipinos in the assessment as LPN and RN?

wings

Nov 5, 2014
Hai mates.....
I am filling NNAS online application.i have a doubt regarding part C (EXAMINATION)...Part C is all about details of registration/licencing examination.As i am from india,there is no examination for licencing /registration ....so what should i do...can i leave part C (EXAMINATION SECTION) ...? OR is there anything to fill in...?

i am waiting for your valuable reply :)

chasley

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Hi

This forum really is a big help.
I'm searching an information regarding the ielts requirement needed by the NNAS and CRNBC what if nnas takes long time to process then we all.know that we still have to submit the ielts result in crnbc not older than 6months. Does it mean we need to take ielts again? Its a bit confusing.
Please need your help.
thanks again

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hi,
I m not able to open NNAS hand book on the link given. It says 'The requested document does not exist'.As,I need information about documents required to begin the process.
Someone plz. help me on this.

Regards

Mau_Gno

Jun 10, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2014
Med's Request
May 27, 2015
Med's Done....
June 6, 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update: June 22, 2015
MRSinWaiting said:
Yay! Finally managed to find this forum. I need some light and good thing you guys started this forum. I just recently started my app with NNAS. Securing all the necessary forms and documents take a lot of my time. I'm hoping i could settle everything before I leave for Canada.
I took my BSN in the Philippines, have a US RN license but never worked in US, currently working in SG.
Does anyone have any idea whether I need to have my license in US verified even if I did not practice nursing there?i tookmy NCLEXback in 2007, I'm not sure whether they would still ask me to retake the test.
Goodluck everyone on your applications! Please share your timelines for everyone to have an idea how this works.
Hi Ms.! From SG as well:) I am currently waiting for our PPR, but would like to start my assessment for a good nursing career in Canada. How many yrs of experience do they need in order to qualify you to take LPN/RN? Di kasi hospital yung experience ko dito sa sg. More on office setting. Anong documents/tests kailangan ko itake? Hope you can help me answer these confusing process. Kala ko kasi, pag dating dun, pwde ka na magtake agad ng test dahil PR kana.

presly

Feb 5, 2012
Hi guys, just a quick question, do u have any idea how long is the validity of celban test result for nnas?
Share your thoughts
Thanks.

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Hi,

I am RN here in Nepal with more than six years of experience in the emergency management.
I am thinking to begin registration process with NNAS after few years of settlement in Canada since I think, this will help me a lot to improve my proficiency in english and be able to achieve required scores in IELTS.

Meanwhile ,Can I work as certified nurse assistant without taking any formal course in Canada?

Sharing of your experience on this will be appreciated.

Gil j.

Oct 23, 2011
Hey guys, NNAS never asked me for an english profeciency result. It is the board of nursing that will ask you your celban or ielts. Thats what going on with me with CARNA.

Employment is not really big with NNAS. They more need to assess your education and registration. They'll just get your experience if ever you have and show that to the BON your applying to. But not a big thing. Big thing is your nursing education and registration.

I dunno about having no registration for nursing anywhere and applying as RN here. Better call your board of nursing.

BON preffer you have nursing experience. But i dont know if they incline more on hospital nursing. Because I worked in a hospital setting more that 5 years ago and went to pre-hospital nursing.

I'm only giving you what the carna and nnas personnel told me. I hope this helps somewhat.

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
DaleJ said:
All the best iblessed.
Hey still waters, not sure re the NCLEX but you would still have to go through NNAS. Don't see why you would need to do it again though. Have you finished NNAS as yet?
Hi there. I am new over here, but think this site is really very helpful. My partner have completed her BN from nepal which is 2 years. So what I am confused right now is, if she registers in NNAS and begins her process what will be the outcome? Are they going to say that 2 years BN course is not suitable for work in Canada OR they give you an option to complete other credits so that, her education matches with theirs!! I am a physiotherapist with 4 and half year of course. I completed my credentials in WES. So I have some basic idea. But I am new to nursing credentials.
Regards.

Gil j.

Oct 23, 2011
Nirvan said:
Hi there. I am new over here, but think this site is really very helpful. My partner have completed her BN from nepal which is 2 years. So what I am confused right now is, if she registers in NNAS and begins her process what will be the outcome? Are they going to say that 2 years BN course is not suitable for work in Canada OR they give you an option to complete other credits so that, her education matches with theirs!! I am a physiotherapist with 4 and half year of course. I completed my credentials in WES. So I have some basic idea. But I am new to nursing credentials.
Regards.
I'm not sure though, BN is a 4 years course and NNAS might deem she needs more credit on nursing subjects. But I dunno about the difference in curriculum in Nepal and Canada. I was in Kuwait and they follow the Canadian college education and most the nurses there from India and surrounding area who have a 2 years nursing diploma are not considered as RN's. They end up being LPN's or nursing aides.
Better contact NNAS though to be sure and not waste your precious time waiting and ending up halfway wherein you could use that time to much more productive manner. Also, it'll be upto the board of nursing in Canadian provinces she is applying at.
Goodluck!

PeriwinkleNymph

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
12-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 16-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
(Upfront) 22-Nov-2014/(updated in ECAS) 19-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
(In process @ecas: 05-May-2015) PPR 07-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2015 DECISION MADE: 22-July-2015
LANDED..........
VOH: 25-July-2015 ; LANDED: 03-Oct-2015
Hello everyone!

Im new to this thread since I just submitted my application to NNAS yesterday. I received three pdf files online, which are specifically for my employer, my school and The PRC. However I only received a blank form for the PRC form (A glitch, perhaps?). But I did send an email to nnas. Im still waiting for their reply.

I am still going to print out those documents and have zero idea as to how long those papers are going to be filled up, and how I could ask our HR or the PRC to send those documents directly to NNAS. I am also planning to enroll for an ielts review this month and take it sometime october or november...

I hope you could shed some light on this based on your experiences. Do you think I should take the ielts even before they ask for it? How was your experience with PRC's filling up of forms? How was your employer? I really hope I could find some answers here.

A big thank you in advance! God bless us all nurses!

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
Hello, Is there anyone in this forum who applied to their provincial board (CARNA, CNO,...etc) after receiving NNAS advisory report and has received a response regarding the next steps in the assessment process, especially those who had either comparable or somewhat comparable report. Could you share your experience please. Ya, and Dale J, if you have had progress in your case could you share with us. US educated RNs please share. I am still waiting for my own response from CARNA and have not been told what to expect after assessment. Thanks, TEF.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in updates. I did apply to CARNA and I got a package from them as well an email saying I am eligible to write the NCLEX as well apply for a temporary practice permit. TEF, when did you apply to CARNA? They took 8 weeks to compete my assessment and let me know the result. The actual package took three weeks to reach Jamaica because they send it by regular mail. I haven't applied for the practice permit yet because based on the info I got, it's best to have a job lined up first. This covers the 225 hours that you need to get fully registered with them. If you don't have a job, and the permit expires it can be difficult to get a new one because that is dependent on an employer reference.
TEF, you would have already done NcLEx, so you should just have to apply for the permit and get a job... That's my guess. For those who have links to a hospital or health centre willing to hire nurses who need the 225 hour requirement please share...
Let me know how it goes TEF.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Nirvan said:
Regards.
Thank you Nirvan and all the best to you, DaleJ and TEF. Hope everything works out well for you all.