+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hey Acecube.

Really sorry for late reply. Been busy with some other stuff at work and school. I haven't received Sponsor approval or AOR yet.I had tried using that for my PR card and tried using it for a friend's sponsorship application but didn't go well.

Anyways, I'll wait for my AOR or SA then we'll see how it goes this time.

Can see Pretoria has less processing time. Hopefully yours gets done with the time given. Or even less!! Good luck

Thanks again.

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hey Awmf 2014 and Feysaluu? Hope you guys are doing well.
Any good news this week? Hope you got some. All the best.

Just thought I should say hi. Enjoy your weekend guys :)

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Nothing yet. We keep hoping for good news. Hopefully next week brings some good news :)

Enjoy your weekend as well :)
Alwy Alsaggaf said:
Hey Awmf 2014 and Feysaluu? Hope you guys are doing well.
Any good news this week? Hope you got some. All the best.

Just thought I should say hi. Enjoy your weekend guys :)

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
Hello guys I'm new to this forum and I need help with few questions with family sponsor. I'm a Canadian born citizen thats living in Toronto,ON and married my husband June 2014 in South Africa Johnnessburg. I filled his sponsor papers to CIC on November 2014 and got my first approval as a sponsor Feburary 2015. My problem is I was told that we can choose our own visa but instead I totally missed that part and left it blank and assuming that they will make our visa office near where my husband lives which South Africa vo is Pretoria but that wasn't the case they told us our vo is in Nairobi. So i honestly don't know how that happened and my husband is also a refugee claimant in South Africa so I wanted to know since his visa office is in Nairobi when they start looking at his file are they going to ask him to come to kenya for interview knowing he has no passport and no way to travel there ? Are they going to transfer his file to Pretoria since is closer ?? Can anyone help me on answering the question if you have similar experience or know someone that this happened to and have knowledge on what these people would do in cases like that I would greatly appreciate it thankssss

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
Daizzy123 said:
Hello guys I'm new to this forum and I need help with few questions with family sponsor. I'm a Canadian born citizen thats living in Toronto,ON and married my husband June 2014 in South Africa Johnnessburg. I filled his sponsor papers to CIC on November 2014 and got my first approval as a sponsor Feburary 2015. My problem is I was told that we can choose our own visa but instead I totally missed that part and left it blank and assuming that they will make our visa office near where my husband lives which South Africa vo is Pretoria but that wasn't the case they told us our vo is in Nairobi. So i honestly don't know how that happened and my husband is also a refugee claimant in South Africa so I wanted to know since his visa office is in Nairobi when they start looking at his file are they going to ask him to come to kenya for interview knowing he has no passport and no way to travel there ? Are they going to transfer his file to Pretoria since is closer ?? Can anyone help me on answering the question if you have similar experience or know someone that this happened to and have knowledge on what these people would do in cases like that I would greatly appreciate it thankssss
Hey Daizzy123,

- Nairobi Visa Office normally does not call applicants for interview unless otherwise they really need to know something which they can't figure out on the papers you submitted
- Once application is approved in Nairobi Visa Office, they will ask for the applicants passport to stamp the visa (HE HAS TO HAVE A PASSPORT)
- Check your e-cas regularly and see if they have transferred the file to PTA or not (i doubt if they will)
- I wouldn't suggest emailing them about changing the visa office

A passport will be required by any means for your husband to travel to Canada.

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
Ali122 said:
Hey Daizzy123,

- Nairobi Visa Office normally does not call applicants for interview unless otherwise they really need to know something which they can't figure out on the papers you submitted
- Once application is approved in Nairobi Visa Office, they will ask for the applicants passport to stamp the visa (HE HAS TO HAVE A PASSPORT)
- Check your e-cas regularly and see if they have transferred the file to PTA or not (i doubt if they will)
- I wouldn't suggest emailing them about changing the visa office

A passport will be required by any means for your husband to travel to Canada.

Hey guys I wanted to ask you guys for help if you guys have similar situation or have some knowledge from previous post but I got an email from Nairobi vo saying Since my spouse doesn't have a passport and cannot obtain a travel document recognized by Canada and they will issue a visa on a Canadian Single Journey Travel document. I will first need to contact the International Organization for Migration (IOM), who will arrange and facilitate your travel. IOM has competitive flight rates. IOM also facilitates departure, exit permits and transits at airports and need to pay IOM directly for the travel arrangements.
Also his medicals will expire on August 25, 2015 and needs to arrive in Canada before
this date.
They state to confirm in writing, within 30 days of this letter, that you agree to this.

So guys what do you think this mean?? Am I on the right track please advice guys thanks

curlysue

Nov 12, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
AOR Received.
31-01-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2015
LANDED..........
05-08-2015
Hey Daizzy123,
That is great news that Nairobi VO is actually emailing quite quickly-that is good news.
I would respond and agree to the IOMS. It is a standard procedure for stateless persons without a passport, and the document they will provide will grant your spouse entry to Canada upon approval just like a passport would.

The rest of the procedures will occur normally, and hopefully before medicals expire in August.
I am also hoping for August !

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
curlysue said:
Hey Daizzy123,
That is great news that Nairobi VO is actually emailing quite quickly-that is good news.
I would respond and agree to the IOMS. It is a standard procedure for stateless persons without a passport, and the document they will provide will grant your spouse entry to Canada upon approval just like a passport would.

The rest of the procedures will occur normally, and hopefully before medicals expire in August.
I am also hoping for August !
I'm surprised my self trust me and confused on the whole responding back to them like am I suppose to type a letter stating I approve or and I suppsoe to write something to iom and I did call iom yesterday and they said will send a travel document to nairboi forgetting to ask how long it takes and just also payed for my right of right of permanent fee so I was wondering am I suppose to also email to nairboi that receipt that I payed ?? So many question I need answers but yet so lost Lool and curlysue I do hope your thing works out for you even before August fingers crossed

feysaluu

Jan 25, 2015
Hello Daizzy123, Hello Everyone,

I am Canadian, living in Toronto. I am sponsoring my wife who is refugee claimant in Kenya. They sent the following email to my wife and cc'ed me as well, similar to what they sent Diazzy123.

"Since you do not have a passport and cannot obtain a travel document recognized by Canada, we will issue a visa on a Canadian Single Journey Travel document.

Your sponsor in Canada will first need to contact the International Organization for Migration (IOM), who will arrange and facilitate your travel. IOM has competitive flight rates. IOM also facilitates departure, exit permits and transits at airports.

Your sponsor in Canada will need to pay IOM directly for the travel arrangements.

Please note that your Medicals expire on September 9, 2015. You will need to arrive in Canada before this date.

Please confirm in writing, within 30 days of this letter, that you agree to this.

Here is the contact info for IOM Ottawa:

Phone number: 1-613-237-0651
email: iomottawa@iom.int

Diazzy123, I am going to call IOM later today. Please advice.

What questions did IOM ask you? what information do they require? Give me as much info as possible.
Also, did you write back to the immigration and Visa office in Kenya?

Thanks.

Daizzy123 said:
I'm surprised my self trust me and confused on the whole responding back to them like am I suppose to type a letter stating I approve or and I suppsoe to write something to iom and I did call iom yesterday and they said will send a travel document to nairboi forgetting to ask how long it takes and just also payed for my right of right of permanent fee so I was wondering am I suppose to also email to nairboi that receipt that I payed ?? So many question I need answers but yet so lost Lool and curlysue I do hope your thing works out for you even before August fingers crossed

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
feysaluu said:

I am Canadian, living in Toronto. I am sponsoring my wife who is refugee claimant in Kenya. They sent the following email to my wife and cc'ed me as well, similar to what they sent Diazzy123.

"Since you do not have a passport and cannot obtain a travel document recognized by Canada, we will issue a visa on a Canadian Single Journey Travel document.

Your sponsor in Canada will first need to contact the International Organization for Migration (IOM), who will arrange and facilitate your travel. IOM has competitive flight rates. IOM also facilitates departure, exit permits and transits at airports.

oh wow yeah that exactly what i got but my husbands medicals expire august 25th and when i called iom they said your going to have to pay for his air fair so since we have a similar situation what did you do did you pay for your spouses airfare how long did it take for kenya to get all of that and did they give you a time for your wife to travel beacuase my husbands files still is in processing so im kind of confused why they telling to pay plane ticket when there hasn't been any decision yet can you answer the questions for me please and thank you

Your sponsor in Canada will need to pay IOM directly for the travel arrangements.

Please note that your Medicals expire on September 9, 2015. You will need to arrive in Canada before this date.

Please confirm in writing, within 30 days of this letter, that you agree to this.

email: iomottawa @ iom.int

What questions did IOM ask you? what information do they require? Give me as much info as possible.

Thanks.

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
feysaluu said:

hey i just sent you an inbox explain what iom said to me when i called them and what they told me disregard the other msg i sent i misunderstood you lol sorry and hope that helps

email: iomottawa @ iom.int

Thanks.

Daizzy123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2014
Doc's Request.
06/01/2015
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
File Transfer...
12/02/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/2015
LANDED..........
13/05/2015
Hey @feysaluu your inbox is full couldnt reply back if there's any way I can msg you let me know

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
maylius said:
Awmf2014, yeah it did, but that shouldn't worry you. If you submit a complete application with all the necessary support documents you stand a chance of finalizing your application within one year (12 months) though from the cases I have knowing between 2013 to date majority get there PR to be processed in just 6 months.
Hi there, worried for my friend... They Nairobi July 2014.
Her hubby travelled to many countries with a singing group. He was not in any country more than 90 days yet they have now requested Crim checks from 2 seperate countries within 60 days. This didn't seems feasible so they Instead they have responded to Nairobi with a letter outlining his travels along with the passport to verify the stamps. Will crim checks still be needed even if it was less than 6 months? They are at the end of their rope of waiting. What if anything can be done? or would be helpful???

That also being said... they also asked for his new passport. Would that not also imply that they wanted to put a PR in it?????

Any insight and glimmer of hope would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !!!!!
*** I applied inland, so this is all foreign to me * no pun intended. CHEERS!