+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
Quick update on my case/need help

Hi fellow applicants, I just wanted to keep you on the loop regarding my situation which has become very complicated: I received a passport request letter on 04 April 14, it says on the request letter that I had 3months to submit the docs. I am the one sponsoring my wife and I live and work in Canada, my wife lives in her country of origin.

When we received that passport request letter, we knew it was gonna be complicated to transmit that passport and have it securely returned as there is no registered courier where my wife lives and no physical address; so we decided to go to Nairobi to transmit the passport through a Visa center.

I took my vacations and went to Nairobi, my wife joined me there. We submitted the passport on 06 May14, we have not heard from the visa office since then. The issue is my vacation ends 28May14, I will have to return to Canada for my work. But I can`t return to Canada leaving behind my wife without her passport; as it is not safe to stay in Nairobi without a passport. I sent several emails to the Visa office, but not one single reply from the Canada visa office.

So here I am left without option and I do not know what to do: 28 May is next week, I can`t fly back to Canada, my wife cannot go back home without her passport, the Canada visa office in Nairobi won't give me any information, and when I go to see them directly the security guys won't let me in because I do not have a Canadian passport, I only have my permanent resident card.

If anyone has an idea of how to deal with this situation, please advise :(

Good luck everyone

Thanks

Lumumba

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-07-2014
Hello MoKomori79,

I am so sorry to see what you are facing.
Since you have tried almost everything to contact the High Commission of Canada in Nairobi and all has been in vain. I would recommend you do as follows;
First of all you are a permanent resident sponsoring your spouse, staying outside of Canada for so long jeorpadizes your sponsorship, so you need to come back to Canada, plus you need to save your job.

Go to your country's embassy in Narobi get a travel document for your wife and let her go back home.

Wait until you get an e-mail regarding picking up your passport, then you can ask them to send it where you can pick it up by sending them a pre-paid coupon. If sending a pre-paid coupon is impossible then we will find a way to get your passport back when the time comes.

Remember you don't know when Nairobi will return your passport back, it may take a few days or even months, so you better act now.

Cheers.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@Lumumba,

Thank you Lumumba for the advice :). I managed to get in touch with them yesterday, they said I should get it by Tuesday. I keep my Fingers crossed and keep on praying very hard. I will keep you guys posted

Cheers

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Hi friends, I have a newbie Nairobi sponsor about to embark on this long journey for sponsorship... I did Inland so I didnt have experience with Outland Specific details.

Can you tell me the pros/cons of paying ALL the fees now.. and or waiting until "Right to permanent residencey is needed"?

It has been said that if you wait... it will take missisagua 2-6 weeks to forward the receipt to the VO in Nairobi...

Any Experience? truth to that?

Money is tight... want to send in the application.... but also don't want to cause any further delays!

Thanks in advance!
~a.

Lumumba

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-07-2014
Hello Victorswife,

I recommend you pay all the fees at the time you submit your application in avoid all the hassles and processing delays.
If money is too tight now, you can wait until the sponsorship has been approved and forwarded to Nairobi. Once approve pay for the RPRF and send the receipt to Mississauga.

Again again if possible please pay now. One of the members with a huge experience said it clearly in old posts of thread that we better pay the RPRF at the early stages of the process and get a refund later if things go wrong instead of going through thoses hassles and headaches of making the payment when they request for it.

Cheers.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
Hi all fellow applicants ! I have some good news: my wife got her visa on 27May14, got her ticket same day and we've just landed in Canada together. The nightmare is over :), what a relief !

This means hope for all of you fellow applicants! Thank you for your support everyone.

I will stop by this Forum from time to time to cheer you up.

Cheers

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
MoKomori79 said:
Hi all fellow applicants ! I have some good news: my wife got her visa on 27May14, got her ticket same day and we've just landed in Canada together. The nightmare is over :), what a relief !

This means hope for all of you fellow applicants! Thank you for your support everyone.

Cheers
Hi Mokomoroi79
im happy for u that finally you are through this long waiting process,all the best

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
MoKomori79 said:

Cheers
Congrats.. from what i can see your entire file took about 7 months from start to finish. that is pretty quick and gives some of us some hope it will be in the same time frame.

bayaboo

May 9, 2014
MoKomori79 said:

Cheers
Congrats to you and your wife MoKomori!! This is awesome news, and gives the rest of us still in waiting some hope that our application will come through too. I sent my application on Oct 3, 2013 and till now the online status still shows Application Received. I hope they started working on it and just haven't bothered to update the online status. Best of luck in your new life in Canada.

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hello everybody,

Nairobi has changed our application status from "Application received" to "we have started to process your application as from 22 May 2013". Hope that they will soon ask for my passport.

Best wishes Mokomori and God bless.

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014
Hi Velaluc

My application also has now changed from application received to in process since 21may 2014.

I think now nairobi has started to look on our files.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@Veladuc, Kokonatsu, Bayaboo, bono1, Lumumba

Thank you for your best wishes. You are almost there guys, don't give up hope. If mine went thru, yours surely will soon.

Cheers !

bayaboo

May 9, 2014
phoenix1234 said:
Hi Velaluc

My application also has now changed from application received to in process since 21may 2014.

I think now nairobi has started to look on our files.
Vela and Phoenix, great news all around this weekend! After a long wait it's good to see some positive updates trickling in. Sep/Oct applications have reached the head of the queue it seems. I'm all excited!!

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hello guys,

Great news! Hubby received letter from Nairobi today asking for my passport. Thanks God. I will soon be with him. I'm sure that soon you will all received good news.

Cheers! :D

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014
Hi vela

congrats.:) that great news.

Did your sponsor received the passport request?

Did you receive an email or a letter from nairobi?

Cheers