20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi VancouverMombasa,
Am really happy for you that Nairobi requested for those documents. Thats a wonderful sign and very soon your passport may be returned with a Visa in it. Congs dear!!
For the rest of us still waiting, lets pray for one another as we keep our hopes so high. Each day/month that passes, something is being done.

Regards,
Rose13

VancouverMombasa

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2013
File Transfer...
June 10, 2013
Med's Done....
September 21, 2012
Passport Req..
July 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2013
LANDED..........
September 17, 2013
Hey everyone

Thanks for all the support! It's nice to have people who understand what a big deal getting news is :)

Dimshin - We have a lawyer so he got the email first then sent it to us. Our online status is the same, but now he has his own UCI. When I sign in with his it still says the same thing though:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on May 16, 2013.

2.Medical results have been received.

I don't think they'll change it until they make a decision... Does anyone know the average amount of time it takes after the passport has been requested for them to make a decision?

sophieeg

Jul 28, 2013
Hi, I am new to this forum and require lots of help I hope I am posting in the right forum I am filing my sponsorship application and his PR application with the Nairobi Offices

. I am actually a naturalized Canadian Citizen, (Parents Immigrated when I was 5 And I simply tagged a long) I knew my Fiancee since birth I am now 19 years Old and a Student at York University, My Fiancee is 24 years Old born and raised in Mauritius (my native country also), we were good friends since he was my neighbor (and actually since my grand mother still resides in Mauritius, they are still neighbors, his family and mine are very close) in 2007 he sent me a friend request on facebook, we talked but did not date because long distance and only seeing each other on Webcam was not ideal, We began our relationship Officially in May 2013 -June 2013 when I went back to Mauritius after 12 years to visit him and family members. Since we already knew each other and each other's families, things moved pretty fast between us and I am going back for my second trip in December 2013-January 2014 to marry him, My parents and brother along with my uncles and aunts & Grand parents in Canada (Father's side of the family) are fully aware of the relationship and really wish they could attend but will be working and Mauritius is quite far for my father who gets very sick on 26+hrs plane rides, My mother really wishes to attend the wedding but she was unable to get the weeks off her work schedule so our plan was to have a civil wedding ceremony with my grand mother & his sister being the witness followed by a small wedding reception at his home or my grand mother's with the whole family (his and my mother's side of the family) and friends, afterwards I was planning to file my sponsorship application once I am back to Canada in Jan. 2014 will send the files to Mississauga, if everything goes according to plan and he receives his PR we are planning on having a church wedding here (born and raised Catholics) with my father's side of the family.

My problem is, since we did not date during the 2007-until May 5th 2013 Period I did not keep proof of our conversations to show that we indeed met, we have no pictures of us at a young age playing together, will they think I made up the whole story of knowing him since that age?
I can show that I was in fact born in Mauritius and his home address and Mine.. will that be enough??
During my first trip I took quite a few pictures but my camera was stolen so all I have are some pictures on my laptop but planning to take a lot more in December-January when I go .. How much is too much? lol :-[

- Will his age and my age matter, does it make me seem young ? I just turned 19 in June 2013 and he will be 24 in a week

- I am currently on OSAP and living with my parents the last time I had a part time job was October 2012 can I show my T4 for 2011? I am planning on getting a part time job during the school months september-april and then going back to Mauritius from April-September to live with him once school is done and wait for the papers ... so I will not have any income, how can I explain that to them? I know for sponsoring a spouse there is no income required but can I show my bank statements, I am not sure what Option C print out is since my parents usually filed my taxes. I do have a T2202A form from school can I show that?

Does it seem like we are getting married to fast? will CIC be suspicious?, because even though we have known each other for 19 years, we began our relationship in May and will be getting married after only 7 months ...

Our relationship is extremely genuine, my Mother always knew we would end up together and has told me many times, prior to even dating him that we would make a perfect couple, can my parents write letters explaining how they wish they were able to attend and how once he receives his paper we will be able to live in their 2 bedroom basement apartment until he is able to find a job? He works in the construction field for 5 years now he is fluent in French and understands English and can somewhat speak it, so I hope it will not be too hard for him to get approved for jobs here .

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys are able to understand everything

thank you. :-*

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
My wife wonders what "NOS" means?
Also what "advisory of marriage"?

Thanks
Scoty

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
As Jenifa wished I have sent more photos to Kenya high commission of Canada for proof of relationship. 137$ cost of sending 7 photos

Asephil

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 March 2013
AOR Received.
13 March 2013
File Transfer...
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
9 February 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
Hi everyone!

Just an update that my e-cas has changed today from "application received" to "in process" and that they have started working on my application from 2 August 2013. I hope i`ll hear from them soon or it could be months. Anyone with any updates so far?

Cheers/

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi everyone,
I have recieved an email from Nairobi Visa office showing that my interview date has been fixed to next month (27th September 2013).
I was also told to come with my passport on that very day of the interview. This is a good sign that Nairobi office is doing something with our applications. So keep up the hope my dears.

Now i kindly request for advise and tips on how to prepare for my interview. God Bless you all.

Rose13

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
Wow good for you Rose! This is great news...
Scott

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi Scott,
Am happy that after all this time of silence, Nairobi has communicated and fixed my interview.
Now am requesting everyone that can help to advise me on how to prepare for interviews (family class spouse sponsorship).
Am sure soon, you will get a communication too. Am with you in prayer.
Rose13

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
Hi All

I am new member in this group, i am looking for your advice in my case...

My family is convention refugee in Canada, they already applied for the PR and included me in the application, there are two steps as per processing times's links

I would like to know when my application will start to be processed, is it after step1? or after they completed the both steps and got their PR..

Thanks in advance

Br

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
December/25/13...Insh A Allah.
It is nice to know that Nairobi is doing something @ least.
They added "medicals received" on my ecas this week, but still just says "application recieved"

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
December/25/13...Insh A Allah.
Hi eyas,

Clarify your questions a bit more so people can answer you.
You said...."My family is convention refugee in Canada, they already applied for the PR and included me in the application".. How can they be in Canada as a convention refugee and apply for a PR? shouldn't they already have a status in Canada?
and when you say your family is that you spouse or you parents?

Asephil

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 March 2013
AOR Received.
13 March 2013
File Transfer...
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
9 February 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
Rose13 said:
Hi everyone,
I have recieved an email from Nairobi Visa office showing that my interview date has been fixed to next month (27th September 2013).
I was also told to come with my passport on that very day of the interview. This is a good sign that Nairobi office is doing something with our applications. So keep up the hope my dears.

Now i kindly request for advise and tips on how to prepare for my interview. God Bless you all.

Rose13
Good news indeed Rose13!!!!! Just a little advice for the interview.........remember all the answers for your application and also have extra proof with you. Am sure you`ll do just fine, you know everything about your spouse (his birthday, work history,his finances, education, i mean everything about him including his hobbies and etc and not to forget your in-law side) and am sure you already have a plans for the future with your hubby.

I got my information about the interview from my friend`s sister, she was asked questions related to her husband but they were pinpointing what she wrote on the application and needed more clarification so it was simple, it took just 15 minutes and of course, they asked her to hand over any recent proof of her relationship with her husband (which she did) and after 1 hour later, they just stamped her passport and tell her "Welcome to Canada" which it was funny but she was thrilled and happy. Not all cases they can give you an answer right away but for her case, she was lucky. So good luck!!!! :)

Cheers/

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi Asephil,
Thanks so much for good advise on how to prepare for my interview. Indeed i know alot about husband and i still remember very well what we filled in our application. Now am counting down the days to the interview day and praying to God that all goes well so soon.

Am now preparing my documents to prove how genuine our marriage is (like photos, phone bills, emails, whatsapp chats, skype chat, entry/exit stamps of all my husband's visit, e.t.c)
Thanks once again to everyone who endevours to share their experience on this forum. Its a great source of inspiration and hope while waiting for the final news.
All the best.
Rose13

eyas

Aug 5, 2013
Dimshin said:
Hi eyas,

Clarify your questions a bit more so people can answer you.
You said...."My family is convention refugee in Canada, they already applied for the PR and included me in the application".. How can they be in Canada as a convention refugee and apply for a PR? shouldn't they already have a status in Canada?
and when you say your family is that you spouse or you parents?
Hi Dimshin

Thanks for your reply

My family includes (wife + 1 daughter),they claimed Asailm and got accepted and applied for PR, their status is protected person and accordingly they applied for PR and included me in the application, my question is: when do i expect my application to start processing? and how long it should take?

Thanks in advance