+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

habartani

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @ moKomori79,
The year I applied it was 36months processing time.
Anyway I have come along way, and hopefully we're not far from over,
I'll keeo up with you. :D
Ciao!

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Velaluc said:
Thanks Bono, this is a good idea ;) I will fill in the e form.
Would you please tell me the meaning of the following abbreviations :
1) AOR
2) CPC-M
3) and MP
Thanks Lot
Velaluc this is what the acronyms mean

1 - Acknowledgment of receipt - notice when visa office receives your file
2 - Case Processing Centre - Mississauga - one of the processing centres in Canada
3 - Member of Parliament - your representative in gov't that can possibly inquire about your file

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
MoKomori79 said:
@ Velaluc

Hi Velaluc, we are on the same situation, I applied in September as well (although my file was received in October), but I never bother to send them an email as I know it is a waste of my time and energy. They do not really care whether you suffer or loose your head, they cannot stand being separated from their family, but they do not seem to care about us being separated from ours. I spoke to my MP about how hard it is for a husband or wife to see the one you love suffer and not be there for them; I told my MP that everything we do, we do it for our family; I showed him my phone bills (dozens of calls every week with large sums of money spent over phone cards), but he did not really seem to care ! Instead he told me " you know what you should be thankful! your file is on queue for background check! I know some people who are in a much worse position ! ", I could not believe what I just heard ! I went to my MP to seek some help and he started telling me I you should stop complaining !, but when I looked around his desk, I saw him with his beautiful wife and kids !

The best thing we can do to go thru this Velaluc is to pray and hope for the better

Hi Mokomori79,
I completely adhere to your feelings. The waiting is indeed very painful. They are not aware of the pain they are inflicting to families/couples As you said, let’s put our situations into the hands of God.

Vela

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
habartani said:
Hey, @ rose any updates, am happy finally u had your interview, and the good thing they requested for your p.p.
By the way I have been keeping up with ur posts.
I prayed for you.
Thank you and good luck all :D
Hi Habartani,
Am glad for all your best wishes and prayers. Indeed this whole process can be so nagging but all we can do is remain patient and hope for the best. After a month after interview, they reviewed my medical and it seems it has been extended. Last week i received an email stating that "Please provide a prepaid courier coupon so that your documents can be returned to you". They already gave me all my original documents at the day of interview, so i think now they are ready to issue me a visa and return my passport. I sent the courier coupon that very day and now am waiting. My status changed to "In Process" on that same day.
Lets keep praying for one another.
As for you, i can imagine all the time you have waited to be with your family. Soon we will be fine!!
Rose13

habartani

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Congr @ Rose13 , am truly happy for you.
And thanks to you too for your prayers.
Have a good one ;D

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Dear All am very pleased to have found such a site that i can share my questions on i feel really blessed! who ever opened it be blessed as long as you live and to all your generations to come.
Now my question is , I got allowed to stay in Canada uner Asylum status but my wife and daughter are still in Uganda, i want to as my fellows how can i go on it to bring my family, as i have not applied for PR myself i Think its a better idear to apply it with my family inclusive. what is the best way to do things and how long will it take and is there any amount that is required?

waiting to hear from any one that may have gone through same situation or has information that could help me.

kindly, Elger :)

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
Elger,
I am not sure about the correct answer to your question. But my guess is, for anyone to be eligible to sponsor family member(s), you need to be a Canadian resident, citizen or permanent resident. So if you are still on asylum seeker status, you are ineligible to sponsor your wife and kid. You need to get your permanent resident status first before you can apply to sponsor them. That is my take on your situation.

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
Hey Everyone!
im newbie here in this thread,i have been reading your posts and comments,it is really encouraging to read sucessful stories for those how finally got united with their hubbies.
i have few questions to ask here,
1.when the VO gets our application.do there send us second AOR ?
2.i have been reading about doc request,what is about?

Lumumba

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-07-2014
Hi Elger,

After your Asylum is accepted you can apply for your permanet residency and include your close family members like your wife and children in your application.
I hope everything will go well with you.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@September -October applicants

Has anybody who applied in September or October heard any news from Nairobi visa office?

This is getting more and more unbearable, after 6 months we should hear something from the Visa office, don't you think so?

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014
Hello,

My status is still application received.

I am too a bit worried. I dont know why nairobi visa has been very quiet these few months.

I have also requested the gmcs notes since 31 January what is about the status pf my file but as to date no reply.

Cheers

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Dear Lumumba
thanks for your information it has been very helpful to me but i still got one question to ask how do i go over the whole process is there any one with any information on how i can start this application struggle?

abit confussed on where to start from :'(

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
soon2b said:
Elger,
I am not sure about the correct answer to your question. But my guess is, for anyone to be eligible to sponsor family member(s), you need to be a Canadian resident, citizen or permanent resident. So if you are still on asylum seeker status, you are ineligible to sponsor your wife and kid. You need to get your permanent resident status first before you can apply to sponsor them. That is my take on your situation.
Dear soon to be thx for your response but i have got allowed to stay here in Quebec as an asylum seeker and got some information that i can apply for my PR together with my family so i dont know which is true any way is there any one who has been on such situation to help me know? how to go over it?

thanks all

stevenllc

May 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Applied in May 2013. Received AOR on 27 July 2013. Still nothing..............Tracking shows application received.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@stevenllc, I believe there is a problem with the Nairobi visa office. Nobody who has applied from May2013 to october 2014 has heard anything from that Visa office, and when people say they are short staffed they defend themselves saying it`s not the case; then what`s going on down there?