+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Further to my quest of getting the documents in place (even before the EE application), I need guidance on the below query.

My ex-employer is Infosys, We all know they do not give 'Roles & Responsibilities' letter to anyone. Now an ex-colleague of mine is willing to give a reference letter. However, he is currently based in USA (still working for Infosys). My questions are:

Where should I get the letter notarized from? (Colleague works in USA, I now live in UAE, My Infosys job was in India)
Also, can I notarize a scanned copy or is it mandatory to notarize original copy?

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a lot.

Cheers !

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Dear experts,

I also have this question...

In case any of the foreign experience letters for CEC ITA does not have all the required, but only partial, do they reject the whole application or they just drop that job experience alone which might result in loosing points for skills transfer-ability akills?

Thanks a lot for your support

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Further to my quest of getting the documents in place (even before the EE application), I need guidance on the below query.

My ex-employer is Infosys, We all know they do not give 'Roles & Responsibilities' letter to anyone. Now an ex-colleague of mine is willing to give a reference letter. However, he is currently based in USA (still working for Infosys). My questions are:

Where should I get the letter notarized from? (Colleague works in USA, I now live in UAE, My Infosys job was in India)
Also, can I notarize a scanned copy or is it mandatory to notarize original copy?

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a lot.

Cheers !
In your case, your friend in the US would have to notarize the letter before mailing you a physical copy. They would have to goto a notary public near them or at their work place, provide an id card, such as a driver's license and get a seal or a document with the notarization.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
Dear experts,

I also have this question...

In case any of the foreign experience letters for CEC ITA does not have all the required, but only partial, do they reject the whole application or they just drop that job experience alone which might result in loosing points for skills transfer-ability akills?

Thanks a lot for your support
when you reference letters do not contain all and exactly the information requested by CIC, it is your responsibility to provide additional documentation that fills in the gaps. You will additionally need to provide a letter of explanation clearly showing the information that is supported by the additional documentation. There is no guarantee that this will be sufficient but is likely to close the gap of 'balance or probabilities'.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Kchandana74 said:
Hi Stanlee

I have a question on option 2. I am in Canada for 2 years now and I have received at ITA under CEC with an LMIA. I included all my working experience under employment history in Express Entry profile. Now I find that some of my old jobs under foreign experience, the reference letters does not match the requirements and nearly impossible to get new one. What if I keep 4 years of my foreign experience (Points max out at 3 years of foreign experience under Skill Transfer-ability Factors) in employment history and move all other older foreign experience into personal history so I don't need to provide any references

In your option 2, you have mentioned if you need to change job history, you need to decline, change the profile and go to pool again. What if I change as mentioned above. That will create discrepancy between profile and post ITA forms. But I am not gaining or loosing any points by doing that

What's your advice
Anyone please

raich

Aug 24, 2016
I got a letter from company like following, Please check if it works
Job Responsibility Details

[Applicant Name]
Project Analyst

1st July, 2015
Dear Employee,

Your responsibility as a Project Analyst role within project environment are entitled working on products or projects which are deliverable of a part of the Software Development Life Cycle. Your role and responsibility changes as product or project that you are involved goes through the different phases of Project Development Life Cycle.

You will get involved with the following in this phase:

Phases Related Activities
Evaluation Phase Developing a Concept Statement.
Analysis Phase
• Requirements Gathering.
• Requirements Documentation – Business Requirements document, Functional & Non Functional Requirements documents.
• Stakeholder Engagement.

Design Phase
• Review the solution documents.
• Prepare a prototype model that graphically integrates data with form to ensure requirements are covered.
• Keep the stakeholder engaged to reassure them their requirements are implemented as specified in the business requirement
artefacts. Manage the changes to requirements both from the business and from your solution.
• Work closely with solution designer and architects to ensure your solution is flawless and ready before development.
Integration & Testing Phase
During the testing phase the Project Analyst can assist with reviewing test details to ensure all functional requirements are being
tested.
Maintenance
Working on pre and post Service Delivery.

Sincerely,

[Name and Signature of project Manager]
(Project Manager)

raich

Aug 24, 2016
On company letterhead + colleagues signature is OK? On company letterhead + colleagues signature + organization seal?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
raich said:
On company letterhead + colleagues signature is OK? On company letterhead + colleagues signature + organization seal?
It has to be either supervisor's or HR's signature.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
raich said:
I got a letter from company like following, Please check if it works
Job Responsibility Details

[Applicant Name]
Project Analyst

1st July, 2015
Dear Employee,

Your responsibility as a Project Analyst role within project environment are entitled working on products or projects which are deliverable of a part of the Software Development Life Cycle. Your role and responsibility changes as product or project that you are involved goes through the different phases of Project Development Life Cycle.

You will get involved with the following in this phase:

Phases Related Activities
Evaluation Phase Developing a Concept Statement.
Analysis Phase
• Requirements Gathering.
• Requirements Documentation – Business Requirements document, Functional & Non Functional Requirements documents.
• Stakeholder Engagement.

Design Phase
• Review the solution documents.
• Prepare a prototype model that graphically integrates data with form to ensure requirements are covered.
• Keep the stakeholder engaged to reassure them their requirements are implemented as specified in the business requirement
artefacts. Manage the changes to requirements both from the business and from your solution.
• Work closely with solution designer and architects to ensure your solution is flawless and ready before development.
Integration & Testing Phase
During the testing phase the Project Analyst can assist with reviewing test details to ensure all functional requirements are being
tested.
Maintenance
Working on pre and post Service Delivery.

Sincerely,

[Name and Signature of project Manager]
(Project Manager)
Check whether the duties listed above matches with the lead statement and duties of the NOC that you want to mention this experience under. Also, please note, the above letter will not be sufficient in itself as a reference letter, as there are other information also that needs to be captured in the reference letter.

CIC says the following with regard to reference letter

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
- a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
a) should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
b) should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

raich

Aug 24, 2016
I have different documents like
1. offer Letter + Contract details
2. Joining Letter
3. Resignation Approval Letter
4. Experience Letter
5. Salary breakup Summery
6. Duties and responsibilities (Which i have posted)

Note: All the required information i do but scattered at different documents

Redbaron

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-09-2017
@stanlee thanks for pointing me to this thread. Very helpful.

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
I have employment certificate from when I left the company in 2010. Right now the company is closed, but I located my manager then, who signed the employment certificate. Should I get a letter from him also, stating he was my manger etc and also attach business card for his recent job?

I have a similar kind of question mentioned above. Please advice experts

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ibk said:
I have employment certificate from when I left the company in 2010. Right now the company is closed, but I located my manager then, who signed the employment certificate. Should I get a letter from him also, stating he was my manger etc and also attach business card for his recent job?

I have a similar kind of question mentioned above. Please advice experts
If the letter you got from your company has all the required details, then you need not get a letter from your manager. In the LOE, mention that the company has shut down operation and share the manager's contact details, in case they want to contact him. Also share his LinkedIn profile link in the LOE.