CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know if anyone else has had a similar case. My children and I, have dual citizenship. I was born in Canada, my kids in Mexico but as I am Canadian, they are also. Anyways, my wife is Mexican.
I lived most of my life in Mexico and as the economy has been getting worse everytime due to the lack of tourism, because they are afraid of the violence, my business went to the drain. My business depended 100% on tourism. So my choice, come to Canada to work and start all over again. I have been here almost 6 months with my older son. The wife and the 2 small ones are still in Mexico.
I plan on bringing them up soon. My wife will need a tourist visa as we want to do the sponsering process while she is here in Canada. My daughter has her Citizenship in process about 7 months ago.
The question is, does it help that I give them a letter telling them to come for a visit, so when they apply for the tourist visa, it is easier? Or what can I do to make this easier.
Also, I am starting here and still have no credit. I have to go for them, as my wife has never travelled out of Mexico, plus I have to finalize a few things down there before we settle here. I am working but still am not making a lot of money. Is there any organization or goverment department that might help us get together? I mean funding for the flights, because it is quite expensive for us at this moment.
I am just asking because I am trying to find all the best options.
I hope I am clear on this and if not, please ask and I will try to explain better. Thank you so much in advance.

Frank

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's a good chance your wife will have trouble getting a TRV. TRVs are meant for people who intend to come to Canada as visitors only, can show strong ties to their home country and have no plans to stay in Canada long term. Given your wife has a Canadian husband and children, CIC will likely suspect she plans to come here to live. This certainly doesn't mean you can't try to apply to see what happens. However I would have a plan B in case your wife isn't granted the TRV. Good luck.

I don't know of any organizations that will help you fund your flight. I doubt any government agency will help.

Also, you should be aware that in order to sponsor your wife, you cannot be on any form of social assistance (welfare). So when you arrive in Canada, if you want to be able to sponsor your wife, you'll have to find a way to support yourself without relying on social assistance.

Good luck - hope this helps.