+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Pr Process - reopened?

gerry1990

Sep 27, 2023
Hi,
so i applied for my PR in October 2021 and paid a immigration lawyer to help with the process due to Covid and running out of time.
I put my application got my new work permit came thought but the application was processing so i would check weekly on this due to working a new stressful job and didn't hear anything for months.
then out the blue he told me i need to apply for my Pr card its urgent or i could be kicked out of Canada so i did it with paying the 1 time fee after your application has been processed to get the the card in 4-6months. (i kept proof this was completed by saving it)
4 months has gone since the then i get a lovely phone call at 6am saying my application has been reopened due to them not thinking i was in the country and they lost my application?
what i find strange is how 1 they can lose my application it was done via online i have a payment scan code that codes with the application of my PR card thats meant to be ordered.
2. that i have never left canada in the years since i came here i pay rent/i pay taxes/i work how can they be confused i am not here in canada??
well personally this seems abit strange to me that now i have to wait another 6 months for a pr card when this is processed not to mention another 410$ ive had to spend for addition work and it just doesn't seem right so if any 1 has any idea how i can follow up on this and my status better it defo would help because this seems sus and feels like i am been milked of money now.

any extra info would help - i haven't gone home to England in 4 years because i wanted my PR card sorted, haven't got a credit card because i am stuck in limbo with been a pr but not been accepted means i cant get a phone contract plus other things like the last few years has been a little bit of living hell^

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
so i applied for my PR in October 2021 and paid a immigration lawyer to help with the process due to Covid and running out of time.
I put my application got my new work permit came thought but the application was processing so i would check weekly on this due to working a new stressful job and didn't hear anything for months.
then out the blue he told me i need to apply for my Pr card its urgent or i could be kicked out of Canada so i did it with paying the 1 time fee after your application has been processed to get the the card in 4-6months. (i kept proof this was completed by saving it)
4 months has gone since the then i get a lovely phone call at 6am saying my application has been reopened due to them not thinking i was in the country and they lost my application?
what i find strange is how 1 they can lose my application it was done via online i have a payment scan code that codes with the application of my PR card thats meant to be ordered.
2. that i have never left canada in the years since i came here i pay rent/i pay taxes/i work how can they be confused i am not here in canada??
well personally this seems abit strange to me that now i have to wait another 6 months for a pr card when this is processed not to mention another 410$ ive had to spend for addition work and it just doesn't seem right so if any 1 has any idea how i can follow up on this and my status better it defo would help because this seems sus and feels like i am been milked of money now.

any extra info would help - i haven't gone home to England in 4 years because i wanted my PR card sorted, haven't got a credit card because i am stuck in limbo with been a pr but not been accepted means i cant get a phone contract plus other things like the last few years has been a little bit of living hell^
I don't think any of us are going to be able to comment since parts of this story don't make sense and it's not how the process works. For example, you don't pay a 1st time fee for the PR card. It also makes no sense that you had to apply for the PR card urgently or you would be kicked out of Canada. The process doesn't work that way. Also, PR cards are not $410.

I think it's going to be difficult for anyone here to give you any advise without an accurate summary of what has happened with regards to your application or your current status. Your write up doesn't really make any sense at all.

Reactions: Taran D and YVR123