+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My parents visa got rejected with following reasons, please advice what could be the reason and next steps to be taken

Aashiq77

May 26, 2023
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
- How long was visit?
- How much in funds (cash) did they show?
- Who are their family ties in home country if both travelling (children under 22)?
- What did they show to return - jobs, properties, business
-What is your status.

Aashiq77

May 26, 2023
- visit was around 2 months
- around 5-8 lakhs in Indian account and I had specified that I will also take care of the expenses.
- My parents and my brother are travelling so their ties are my grandparents.
- I had submitted property papers of all three of them.
- I am a PR holder

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- visit was around 2 months
- around 5-8 lakhs in Indian account and I had specified that I will also take care of the expenses.
- My parents and my brother are travelling so their ties are my grandparents.
- I had submitted property papers of all three of them.
- I am a PR holder
That is a long visit with no family ties. Grandparents really are not considered ties. Ties are spouse and children under 22. So your brother has an approved TRV? So to prove ties, they need to show a reason to return - job letters with approved leave, business or if take care of grandparents then proof of care (doctor/medical notes). Outline who is taking care of grandparents for such a long visit. Properties are in each of their names? Not a tie unless rental properties, farmland etc.

Don’t know currency conversions but don’t think that is a lot of funds for a two month visit. Have you considered a supervisa if they want to stay that long?

If you want to reapply, they need to strenghen ties. If all their family is in Canada, why will they return. Show that grandparents need care and outline plan for who is taking care of them while they are gone.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
That is a long visit with no family ties. Grandparents really are not considered ties. Ties are spouse and children under 22. So your brother has an approved TRV? So to prove ties, they need to show a reason to return - job letters with approved leave, business or if take care of grandparents then proof of care (doctor/medical notes). Outline who is taking care of grandparents for such a long visit. Properties are in each of their names? Not a tie unless rental properties, farmland etc.

Don’t know currency conversions but don’t think that is a lot of funds for a two month visit. Have you considered a supervisa if they want to stay that long?

If you want to reapply, they need to strenghen ties. If all their family is in Canada, why will they return. Show that grandparents need care and outline plan for who is taking care of them while they are gone.
just to add, since @Aashiq77 you mentioned you will take care of expenses, did you attach your bank statements?

And did you apply only fr parents or for brother also? what explanation/ proofs u attached abt ur brother? does he do any job/ bsns?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Aashiq77

May 26, 2023
Yes I had attached my bank statements. My brother is with my father he does business as well. I had attached documents of property of each of them. Not sure what was the reason for denial

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I had attached my bank statements. My brother is with my father he does business as well. I had attached documents of property of each of them. Not sure what was the reason for denial
Order GCMS notes. What do you mean you don’t understand reasons. Posted possible reasons - visit too long, no family ties in home country. How old is brother? If over 22, he would have applied separately.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Order GCMS notes. What do you mean you don’t understand reasons. Posted possible reasons - visit too long, no family ties in home country. How old is brother? If over 22, he would have applied separately.
is there a website or any doc one can refer to for these reasons? i mean before applying, or you just know this from your experience?

Aashiq77

May 26, 2023
@Naturgrl My dad runs a business whose proprietor is under my mom’s name so the ITR and the company owner name etc is my mom, my mom is a home maker though. In this situation what do I put while filling in the application?

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
@Naturgrl My dad runs a business whose proprietor is under my mom’s name so the ITR and the company owner name etc is my mom, my mom is a home maker though. In this situation what do I put while filling in the application?
you have to mention what you can prove as per documents, so mention that your mother is a businesswoman and upload the business registration docs, ITR etc, that she files. This will show strong ties to home country.

S0007

Jun 18, 2023
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.
already replied on another thread