hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Newcomers Toronto Fair

The Working Abroad Newcomers Network
Saturday, 7 March 2015 from 10:00 to 16:00 (EST)
Toronto, ON

Metro Toronto Convention Centre
222 Bremner Blvd
Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
Canada
Saturday, 7 March 2015 from 10:00 to 16:00 (EST)

http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/newcomers-toronto-fair-tickets-14136208781?aff=ehomecard

Newcomers Toronto Fair
Ticket Information - FREE Admission by registration

Newcomers Toronto Fair 2015
This ticket grants free admission
(for one person only), to Newcomers Toronto Fair - March 7th 2015 between 10:00am - 16:00pm.
1d 17h 52m Free

hope it's helps

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received a very beautiful complement from a forum member inbox (with permission and thanks I'm posting below, only name is removed)

hmisabpk

below quote As is:

My God You are too good,wish i can give you 1+++++.

Your posts are so inofrmative and giving us very clear picture of current trend in our dreamland where we are not yet set our foot.Let it be regarding rental,job fair,settlement services right from Airport till the corners of Toronto we are able to see with your EYES.

Hats OFF for noble work

Good Luck,

----------

saspk

Mar 1, 2015
guys,
can you help me out?

Regarding landing,can we land even a day before the visa/medical expiry date? is there a problem if i push my landing to the last few weeks?what should be ideal ?

Also is 2 weeks enough time for short landing?bank account and all other formalities?

Thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
saspk said:
guys,
can you help me out?

Regarding landing,can we land even a day before the visa/medical expiry date? is there a problem if i push my landing to the last few weeks?what should be ideal ?

Also is 2 weeks enough time for short landing?bank account and all other formalities?

Thanks
as long as you land before the expiry date on your visa - you'll be ok.

you could stay for a short period if you wish, as long as you have a valid canadian address (i.e. a friend or relative living here) who can ship you the PR card when it arrives.

sin number would only take a few hours, bank account you can do in 1 day.

you would need only 1 day to open a bank account and get a SIN number

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Hi Friends..
Let me share my experience with you as it might help the friends who haven't landed yet.

LANDING: DAY 1

Actually we have decided to do a 'short landing' in Toronto and then permanent move location will be decided based on job hunting progress by end of 2015 Inshallah.

We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate). The word 'Welcome to Canada' was heard more than 15 times in between Smiley

1st step: Passport Control counters, there was a short queue in the visitors queue (BTW, we should go to visitors queue not residents queue, because at this point, we are not residents yet), it took around 10 mins max. Officer asked for the purpose of our visit (which is immigration), took our passports, stamped on the immigration visa and customs declaration, asked how much fund we are carrying (we declared over 10K CAD), then asked to go to new immigrants office just on the right side of passport control counters.

2nd Step: New Immigrants Counters: The officer took our passports, COPR, asked few questions (like do we have any other dependents, how much fund we are bringing for settlement [he didn't ask to show it], etc). And asked for our Canadian address (I recommend that you print the address in a paper and give it to them instead of dictating it). Then asked us to sit in the lobby until he finishes his work). This took around 20mins.

Note: The COPR had one photo attached and stamped from visa office and another photo clipped, I added another recent photo to the clipped one, the officer asked which photo is more recent, so I showed it to him, he returned all the other photos. So, it is acceptable that you clip a new photo other than the COPR photo....

3rd Step: Newcomers Welcome counter; They gave us some brochures and papers titled Welcome to Canada, health insurance forms, and some child tax return docs and some other papers.

4th Step: SIN numbers (ServiceCanada Counter, Terminal 1 at YYZ): We landed during working hours. Around 1:30pm on Monday. Officer asked questions like fathers name, mothers name, correct spelling, etc.. Then printed SIN numbers on A4 paper. There are no longer SIN cards. This process took around 15mins.
Note: If you land outside working hours, SIN counters at the airport will be closed, you will get your SIN number from any ServiceCanada office. It takes 5-10mins max.

5th Step: Baggage Carousal: Our bags were already in the carousal, we just collected them.

6th Step: Customs, as we entered the customs queue, the officer noted that we filled YES in 'Are you carrying funds over 10K CAD' so immediately she directed us to customs office next door, we entered there, the officer took the good to follow list (I prepared B4+B4A+Picture of all gold that we will bring later). The officer was really happy to see our organized preparation, stamped all the 3 pages (B4+B4A+Gold pic) and asked me to wait a bit. He entered the total value in his system and gave me an official printed form for tax-free import. This process took another 15mins.

This was the last step in the airport. Then we headed out of the terminal to rental car offices, I have booked a car earlier, so we picked that car and headed to a furnished apartment in Mississauga (booked earlier from booking.com).

Another step we did on the same day, is we opened a bank account in TD Trust Canada (booked an appointment earlier by online chat with TD Bank). The brunch was in the next building of our apartment and open until 8pm. So we opened 2 separate accounts (for myself and my wife), got debit card instantly. Applied for credit card, usually it takes 7-10 days delivered to your mailing address, but I requested a rush delivery to the same branch, I got up the cards from the branch exactly after 4 days.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

I recommend that you prepare the following ahead of time, they will be very happy if you do your homework, as it will make their life much easier. Many officers were very happy and said 'You guys are very organized and prepared everything.. Thank you'.

1) Canadian address printed in a small paper
2) Print form B4 and B4A. Write the total value in the last row. ONLY FOR THE GOODS TO FOLLOW.
3) If you are bringing gold or other jewelry later, print a colored picture of that. ONLY THE GOLD YOU WILL BRING LATER.

For the accompanying goods and gold, the officer said we don't need it. But if you want to make a list, make sure that you make a separate list and don't combine it with good to follow list.

That was DAY 1.

Please let me know if you have any question. I will be glad to help.

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..
Let me share my experience with you as it might help the friends who haven't landed yet.

Actually we have decided to do a 'short landing' in Toronto and then permanent move location will be decided based on job hunting progress by end of 2015 Inshallah.

We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate). The word 'Welcome to Canada' was heard more than 15 times in between Smiley

1st step: Passport Control counters, there was a short queue in the visitors queue (BTW, we should go to visitors queue not residents queue, because at this point, we are not residents yet), it took around 10 mins max. Officer asked for the purpose of our visit (which is immigration), took our passports, stamped on the immigration visa and customs declaration, asked how much fund we are carrying (we declared over 10K CAD), then asked to go to new immigrants office just on the right side of passport control counters.

2nd Step: New Immigrants Counters: The officer took our passports, COPR, asked few questions (like do we have any other dependents, how much fund we are bringing for settlement [he didn't ask to show it], etc). And asked for our Canadian address (I recommend that you print the address in a paper and give it to them instead of dictating it). Then asked us to sit in the lobby until he finishes his work). This took around 20mins.

Note: The COPR had one photo attached and stamped from visa office and another photo clipped, I added another recent photo to the clipped one, the officer asked which photo is more recent, so I showed it to him, he returned all the other photos. So, it is acceptable that you clip a new photo other than the COPR photo....

3rd Step: Newcomers Welcome counter; They gave us some brochures and papers titled Welcome to Canada, health insurance forms, and some child tax return docs and some other papers.

4th Step: SIN numbers (ServiceCanada Counter, Terminal 1 at YYZ): We landed during working hours. Around 1:30pm on Monday. Officer asked questions like fathers name, mothers name, correct spelling, etc.. Then printed SIN numbers on A4 paper. There are no longer SIN cards. This process took around 15mins.
Note: If you land outside working hours, SIN counters at the airport will be closed, you will get your SIN number from any ServiceCanada office. It takes 5-10mins max.

5th Step: Baggage Carousal: Our bags were already in the carousal, we just collected them.

6th Step: Customs, as we entered the customs queue, the officer noted that we filled YES in 'Are you carrying funds over 10K CAD' so immediately she directed us to customs office next door, we entered there, the officer took the good to follow list (I prepared B4+B4A+Picture of all gold that we will bring later). The officer was really happy to see our organized preparation, stamped all the 3 pages (B4+B4A+Gold pic) and asked me to wait a bit. He entered the total value in his system and gave me an official printed form for tax-free import. This process took another 15mins.

This was the last step in the airport. Then we headed out of the terminal to rental car offices, I have booked a car earlier, so we picked that car and headed to a furnished apartment in Mississauga (booked earlier from booking.com).

Another step we did on the same day, is we opened a bank account in TD Trust Canada (booked an appointment earlier by online chat with TD Bank). The brunch was in the next building of our apartment and open until 8pm. So we opened 2 separate accounts (for myself and my wife), got debit card instantly. Applied for credit card, usually it takes 7-10 days delivered to your mailing address, but I requested a rush delivery to the same branch, I got up the cards from the branch exactly after 4 days.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

I recommend that you prepare the following ahead of time, they will be very happy if you do your homework, as it will make their life much easier. Many officers were very happy and said 'You guys are very organized and prepared everything.. Thank you'.

2) Print form B4 and B4A. Write the total value in the last row. ONLY FOR THE GOODS TO FOLLOW.
3) If you are bringing gold or other jewelry later, print a colored picture of that. ONLY THE GOLD YOU WILL BRING LATER.

For the accompanying goods and gold, the officer said we don't need it. But if you want to make a list, make sure that you make a separate list and don't combine it with good to follow list.

That was DAY 1.

Could you please help with best way to carry Funds which are over $10,000. I am planning to got alone first(carrying funds for whole family) and then my family will follow.Also, please share the vaccination record and other forms which would be required ? thanks.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

That was DAY 1.

thanks for sharing this information.Wish you all the best in Canada

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..
Thanks for sharing...:)..All the best for the job hunt.....+1

Is there an explanation link where I can learn more about Forms B4 and B4A (and gold pictures) that you have written about...

And the address you have provided for PR Card delivery is the same apartment you moved into?..You booked it for 45 days? (Approx PR Card Waiting time)...

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Very helpful information. Thanks for sharing and good luck with settling in!

Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..
...I will be glad to help.

akimnesh

Apr 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhaka2014 said:
We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate).
Was it a busy time? Many flights arrived at the same time with you? I heard that landing can be as long as 3 and even 4 hours is many flights arrive together.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
PerryB said:
Could you please help with best way to carry Funds which are over $10,000. I am planning to got alone first(carrying funds for whole family) and then my family will follow.Also, please share the vaccination record and other forms which would be required ? thanks.
It's personal choice how do you want to carry the settlement fund. I know people carried over $30k in cash (some countries have limits on max cash /foreign currency you can carry).. If you feel unsafe, you may take it as DD or travelers check.

Child immunization form is required for school admission. Print it and get it stamped and signed from your doctor. I heard that if you have your child record, you can take that record to Canada and the school/doctor will fill the forms based on local records.

http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf