+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alhamdulliah !! today we passed Canadian citizenship test and waiting for Oath ceremony !!!!

Thanks to Almighty Allah and than to all friends Special thanks

I'm receiving many PMs ! but very sorry due to extremely busy schedule I'm not able to reply (please accept my apology)

Wish every one success in their cases

Regards,

hmisabpk

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hmisabpk said:
Alhamdulliah !! today we passed Canadian citizenship test and waiting for Oath ceremony !!!!

I'm receiving many PMs ! but very sorry due to extremely busy schedule I'm not able to reply (please accept my apology)

Regards,

hmisabpk
Congrats, i hope you get the oath soon!!

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
many many Congts. Sir may u success in life.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
hmisabpk said:

Regards,

hmisabpk
congrats !!!

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
hmisabpk said:

Regards,

hmisabpk
Please accept my heartiest congratulations.
regards,
hiz

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
you passed the test so that is great.
Get ready for oath, remember you must surrender PR Card to CIC on day of oath (as you will receive citizenship certificate instead).

You must wait 2 business days after oath to apply for your Canadian passport.

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akbardxb said:
Even if there are stories or rumours, nothing is clear till announced by CIC / Government. You haven't missed anything so far. When announced, it will appear here !
Dear Friends,

I received my PR card which states the expiry date to be after 5 years instead of 6 years. As per latest law passed, the new immigrants are required to pass 4 out of 6 years in canada in order to become eligible for citizenship. Has any one else at this forum received the card in july 2014 and valid for 5 years only. It sounds strange that how can a person be issued a card for 5 years and expected to remain 4 out of 6 years in canada.

Please help me understand if this is a mistake or what?

Regards,

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I need advice on following matter.

I have got PR card and returned to home country. I plan to shift permanently in next year but before that I got to renew my passport. The old passport which has a PR visa, utilized and crossed by officials upon entry, will be cancelled by the passport issuing authority while issuing new one. How can this affect my re-entry into canada next year with a new passport which would not have a PR visa and the old passport having the PR visa (utilized) would be cancelled by passport authorities.

Need your expert opinion please.

Regards,

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
RNSS said:
Dear Friends,

I have got PR card and returned to home country. I plan to shift permanently in next year but before that I got to renew my passport. The old passport which has a PR visa, utilized and crossed by officials upon entry, will be cancelled by the passport issuing authority while issuing new one. How can this affect my re-entry into canada next year with a new passport which would not have a PR visa and the old passport having the PR visa (utilized) would be cancelled by passport authorities.

Regards,
A VALID PR visa on a expired PP should be still VALID. I don't think, the passport authorities would be able to cancel your visa.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
RNSS said:
Dear Friends,

Regards,
The PR visa is a single entry. Your return to Canada will be based on you PR card and not the visa issued and used when you landed. You can renew your passport, as it will not make any difference since you have a valid PR card.

urbandog

Aug 27, 2014
I got my COPR and Passport back! I have a job in the United States that requires me to stay here until Feb-March 2014. Thus my immigration visa may expire within the time allowed. Thus, on my way to India in October, I plan to transit through Canada (Toronto) and carry on to India. I have a layover for 5 hours in Toronto so I thought I'll process my residency. Is this sufficient to process my documents and tell the officer I will return in 5-6 months?

Has anyone done this before?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Many congrats dear hmisabpk, how long did it take you to cross this milestone. Could you please PM me your contact number if possible. Thanks

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, I know We have to show $14,720 as POF while applying. I wanted to know if we will still have to show $14,720 cash/DD/travellers cheques while entering Canada at the Airport? If that is the case, will Credit Cards be accepted as POF?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
karunya.vemulapalli said:
I have a question, I know We have to show $14,720 as POF while applying. I wanted to know if we will still have to show $14,720 cash/DD/travellers cheques while entering Canada at the Airport? If that is the case, will Credit Cards be accepted as POF?
If you haven't applied yet..then its too early to worry about landing. But anyway, yes you have to fulfill PoF requirement when landing.

Cash/Draft cheq./traveller cheq are all acceptable forms of PoF, not sure about the visa though...how would the officer verify that you posses the required amount in that case?