+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
sumitk12345 said:
It looks like life is harsh in Canada too... Being skilled immigration one can't get job in Canada even.. Harsh winters kill I think asians..LOL..

I wish a meteor hits earth and everyone will die at once.. All game over. Let the life restart new way because human is dangerous than animal now.

We have to ask our-self how many sins we have done in life. The list will never END....
Canada is great for the majority of us who migrate and we did not expect everything to be perfect or for people standing around waiting to offer us all that we need. The change is seasons I love them and I am in the North were cold is cold, we all have our own lives to live and experience to have all the best to you.

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Thank You everyone for invaluable info l efforts.
My husband and I really landing in Calgary in July,
I have three Qs:
how much funds per person we are suppose to carry in cash, it's there is a maximum?
2- shall I pack summer cloths in Calgary, does it really reach 30 degrees?
3-what is the cheapest/ most economic mode of transportation to take us from the airport to our address, I think taxis are very. EXPENSIVE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
AMIRA

Oluspe

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Jan-2013
Nomination.....
16-May-2013
SanRoque said:
Sumitk12345...Where you came from? Im Asian and not afraid of any extreme cold in Canada. We are resilient in nature. :) :) :)

I don't know what you are going through as of now but I guess you missed out on how to appreciate the life you have compared to others who don't have any chances to look for what is best for them because of so many factors beyond their control like people living in Africa and those victims of civil wars.

At the end of the day, life is beautiful for me buddy.
And what is wrong with people living in africa? A million and one Asians come to africa daily in search of greener pasture doing whatever job they can find and are surving.

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Elnakeeb said:
Thank You everyone for invaluable info l efforts.
My husband and I really landing in Calgary in July,
I have three Qs:
how much funds per person we are suppose to carry in cash, it's there is a maximum?
2- shall I pack summer cloths in Calgary, does it really reach 30 degrees?
3-what is the cheapest/ most economic mode of transportation to take us from the airport to our address, I think taxis are very. EXPENSIVE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
AMIRA

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hi Oluspe

I don't mean Africa literally. What I am referring to are those people who suffers from famine and hunger. Africa is like Asia as well who have people that suffered the same thing and like anywhere else in the world.

Just want to point out how lucky we are compared to those people who don't have a chance to improve their lives because of the many reasons I pointed out.

I do hope I cleared myself.

Spread love buddy. :)

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
What I don't understand is why people who went through the process of wanting to come to Canada and then all they do is complain about how things are once they get here. why did you bother to leave your country if everything there was so perfect, you should not have had the need to want to move to somewhere else.

Oluspe

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Jan-2013
Nomination.....
16-May-2013
SanRoque said:
Hi Oluspe

I don't mean Africa literally. What I am referring to are those people who suffers from famine and hunger. Africa is like Asia as well who have people that suffered the same thing and like anywhere else in the world.

Just want to point out how lucky we are compared to those people who don't have a chance to improve their lives because of the many reasons I pointed out.

No hard feelings, best wishes from all here in Motherland.

Oluspe

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Jan-2013
Nomination.....
16-May-2013
SanRoque said:
Hi Oluspe

No hard feelings, best wishes from all here in Motherland.

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Does my mobile phone which i bought in Pakistan aND Dubai will work in toronto canada? i have note3 and Z1

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Suleman Aziz said:
Does my mobile phone which i bought in Pakistan aND Dubai will work in toronto canada? i have note3 and Z1
I think those would work, as long as they're unlocked.

I asked a cellphone seller here in Toronto about mobiles from Pak. He said that phones that are above a certain frequency will work, so if you bring Qmobile, make sure it's able to operate on high frequency......otherwise it will be useless. We have M500 from Qmobile but it does not work as it is low frequency limit...

Make sure the phones are unlocked. Smartphones are generally able to work, but always check the specifications of the operating frequency range and ensure it's on the high end. Otherwise you may sell them. Check with your mobile provider to see if the phones will work in Canada.

I would advise pre-paid plans on companies like Chatr, Koodo, etc as they're cheaper.....they're owned by the bigger companies so network is not an issue but it's reasonably cheaper than the original plans with main company names such as Rogers, Telus, Bell, etc.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
My landing experience at Toronto Pearson Airport

We arrived on Jet airways at 1PM local time. We were send to the visitors queue and there were many officers, so the wait time was less. The officer directed us to the new immigrant room, where we stood in another queue before we were called by a courteous officer.
At the counter I was asked about the address of stay. Also that I can apply for the SIN number right away as a services Canada person was sitting right there. So we applied for the SIN card while the officer completed our file.
Both these were done in 15 mins and we went to pick out bags. Trolleys cost 2CAD each and we had to get two. There are porters who would help you with you bags for 10CAD. Then we were out to the customs. We were asked if we are carrying any thing that needs to be declared like food items. I told them that I do have Indian masalas.
At the 'Goods to follow', we already had a list of jewelry to follow with photographs as Qurax mentioned (Thanks Qurax!!). The officer was impressed with our documentation and he asked 'How did you know that you need to get pictures and all?' I replied 'Internet and our forums'
He said 'Great, this will take just a minute' and we were out the doors in the next 5 mins.

It was a cold day so we were asked to wear our jackets!

Next day I went to my bank to activate the account. Now have to go to service Canada for health cards and others!

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience xylene! Good luck in Canada!
We are planning to land in Toronto mid May. Just got photographs done yesterday :)

xylene said:
My landing experience at Toronto Pearson Airport

We arrived on Jet airways at 1PM local time. We were send to the visitors queue and there were many officers, so the wait time was less. The officer directed us to the new immigrant room, where we stood in another queue before we were called by a courteous officer.
At the counter I was asked about the address of stay. Also that I can apply for the SIN number right away as a services Canada person was sitting right there. So we applied for the SIN card while the officer completed our file.
Both these were done in 15 mins and we went to pick out bags. Trolleys cost 2CAD each and we had to get two. There are porters who would help you with you bags for 10CAD. Then we were out to the customs. We were asked if we are carrying any thing that needs to be declared like food items. I told them that I do have Indian masalas.
At the 'Goods to follow', we already had a list of jewelry to follow with photographs as Qurax mentioned (Thanks Qurax!!). The officer was impressed with our documentation and he asked 'How did you know that you need to get pictures and all?' I replied 'Internet and our forums'
He said 'Great, this will take just a minute' and we were out the doors in the next 5 mins.

It was a cold day so we were asked to wear our jackets!

Next day I went to my bank to activate the account. Now have to go to service Canada for health cards and others!

javidz1

May 15, 2014
Salaam hmisabpk,

sir, you stop writing any new blogs on this forum. please send me your email id.

Regards
Javed
Jeddah

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Dear all

Can you please let me know that is the decleration of funds more than $10,000 is only for cash more than 10,000 or is it for DD as well.
Also if someone can share B4 list of goods to follow form for understanding
Also if someone can tell me how the goods can be send from Karachi Pakistan and if someone has used any transportation company to send goods to toronto and how much time it took. Thanks