+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peanut said:
nice forum..want to know more on this topic..
thanks everyone
Hi peanut,

Please let us know what more info you need, may we can try to provide.

Regards,

hmisabpk

peanut

Nov 22, 2012
Kanamen said:
Good job bro......+1
Thanks for reply

Hi,
I have 12 year experience in Banking sector,currently working as Retail Credit Policy Manager in one the big bank of UAE.
Can anyone tell me what certification required to get good job in Canada?
Will plan to land Toronto/Mississauga in July 2013.
thanks

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
sonu_rp said:
Finally by God grace we landed in Toronto on 15.11.2012.

It 's just took 45 min-60 min to come out from airport after completing all the formalities.

At first counter officer checked filled in form (provided in flight to fill) & passport and guided to another counter. At the another counter officer checked our passport & copr and she further guided to another officer. There was only one officer in one cabin. In 10 min our turn came. Officer welcomed us & asked who is the main applicant , what are you doing?, asked the canadian address than asked for amount i am carrying with me and how much amount in indian bank. And asked us to sign. Handed over our copy & informed that we will receive our PR card at addresss provided in 4-6 weeks. And asked if i have any question.

Next stop, they gave us some usefull forms & booklet for new commers. Now step to collect our laguage. After collecting we guided to custome , as explained by Mr. Qorax, i made all the forms ready & filled in. Oficer just check the form & make total and entered in system. Stamped all pages. Handed over one complete set to me along with their system print out.

Thats all everthing is over and we came out from airport.

Thanks to qorax, mitali and all seniors for their help & support.

Thanks.

Landing procedure is very easy just preaper yourself as explained by qorax in his thread.
Hi Sonu, Congratulation on you landing, can you advise if the Customs office ask to open the luggage and physically try to check the luggage against the List of accompanied goods or even a general inspection of items in this luggage.

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
sonu_rp said:
Finally by God grace we landed in Toronto on 15.11.2012.

It 's just took 45 min-60 min to come out from airport after completing all the formalities.

At first counter officer checked filled in form (provided in flight to fill) & passport and guided to another counter. At the another counter officer checked our passport & copr and she further guided to another officer. There was only one officer in one cabin. In 10 min our turn came. Officer welcomed us & asked who is the main applicant , what are you doing?, asked the canadian address than asked for amount i am carrying with me and how much amount in indian bank. And asked us to sign. Handed over our copy & informed that we will receive our PR card at addresss provided in 4-6 weeks. And asked if i have any question.

Next stop, they gave us some usefull forms & booklet for new commers. Now step to collect our laguage. After collecting we guided to custome , as explained by Mr. Qorax, i made all the forms ready & filled in. Oficer just check the form & make total and entered in system. Stamped all pages. Handed over one complete set to me along with their system print out.

Thats all everthing is over and we came out from airport.

Thanks to qorax, mitali and all seniors for their help & support.

Thanks.

Landing procedure is very easy just preaper yourself as explained by qorax in his thread.
Please explain the forms you had ready before landing....

Noman_H

Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Feb_2012
IELTS Request
submitted with documents
File Transfer...
June, 2010
Med's Request
Feb, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Interview........
Nahhhh
Passport Req..
PPR received on Oct 15, 2012, "Decision made" line added on Nov 06, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2012 yupppyyyy
LANDED..........
Before February, 2013 inshaAllah
ipman said:
Hi hmisabpk,

I would like to share my landing exp. It may help others as well. We landed in Toronto on 04 aug, it was quite hot. Everything was smooth and simple. We arrived by Turkish Airways flight. Note: dont trust counter staff, ask for the launch pass if you eligible. I had business class plus comfort class ticket, they changed my flight time and i had about 8 hr connecting time in istanbull and during the flight change it is told they they will provide launch access. When checked in, i asked for the pass and they told me user boarding pass is business class and so you dont need a seperate pass. But when i arrived in turkey they refused. Dont worry their is an airport hotel inside airport, you can rent room on hourly rate. So we got 7 hours very good sleep!

We arrived on time, immigration all process finished less than 10 min. I got bag with information leaflefts, health card form. Already our baggage was at the bay when we came out. We took 2 trolly, you can pay by credit card, so no worries. When we were passing at the customes gate they asked how much money are you carrying, i told the amount. He didnt asked me b4 form. I forgot even. We came out and my friend received at. But i forgot to get stamped the b4 form, b4a and gold list, photograph etc. i had a cargo to follow. It is a problem now to clear. Dont worry, take thr b4 and b4a form to the customs office at arrival. It is on left side of terminal 2. I explained him what happened and appologised. But he said it is not my mistake, it is his colleagues mistake. He should have asked me if anything to follow. He is very busy person, so be patient there. It will take about 20 min to get the form stamped with evaluvation report. Take this when you go to clear the cargo.

Now part 3: i applied for some positions before arrive.Basically i got 3 interview calls. All 3 rounds interviews i passed sucessfully with them. Mostly technical and hr interview. I decided who gives me first offer i will take. And i got job offer in 16 days! Preparation+skills+hardwork+good home work+prayers +luck=job offer. I prepared cvs for different positions matching skill, then attented IPSO job search and interview skills, writting skills workshops. It helped me what i should expect in interviews. How take lead role in the interview. How to market yourself. Very carefull with salary related questions. They offer me a salary which is more than 15000 i was expecting. What i did is i asked them to offer a salary, considering my skill and exp, and value i bring to the organisation. I will start my job next week. I highly advise everyone planning to come take CIIP workshop. Its free and sponsored by Canadain govt. if you have received request for medical reqest you can goto there web site and register. Its a full day workshop. They have online workshop as well.

It took about 25 days to rent a good house.

Last but NOT LEAST, thank you very much hmisabpk, for the support and timely reply.
Dear ipman,

Did you modified your Resume as per canadian format before applying for jobs ???
Is it mandatory that it should be of Maximum 2 pages ?

Please also share your experience how to modify resume for Canadian Job Market.

Thanks,

Noman_H

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peanut said:
Thanks for reply

Hi,
I have 12 year experience in Banking sector,currently working as Retail Credit Policy Manager in one the big bank of UAE.
Can anyone tell me what certification required to get good job in Canada?
Will plan to land Toronto/Mississauga in July 2013.
thanks

Hi peanut,

You can visit this thread, on some reply there is list of continue education, you will find the required certification courses in finance sector.
there are many different fields in fiance, you can go through some of job requirements.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

You may go through some job posting and check what skills and certification they required and than look for information about that certification or further education.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/job_search_results.do?searchstring=Retail+Credit+Policy+Manager&citystring=&rid=&button.submit=Search

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Noman_H said:
Dear ipman,
Did you modified your Resume as per canadian format before applying for jobs ???
Is it mandatory that it should be of Maximum 2 pages ?
Please also share your experience how to modify resume for Canadian Job Market.
Thanks,
Noman_H
Hi Noman,

I'm not sure that ipman is visiting the forum regularly. Here are few links that can help you to prepare Canadian style resume:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4001064
http://canadian-resume-service.com/catagories/resume-samples/
http://www.jobbankone.com/resume_writing_canadian.htm
http://www.resumeworld.ca/resume-templates.html
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/content_pieces-eng.do?cid=204#resume

Other info are on this thread : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

Hope that helps

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick Manickam said:
Please explain the forms you had ready before landing....
Hi Nick Manickam,

You need to fill and complete the following forms.

1. Form B4
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
2. Form B4a (if required)
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf
3. Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments FormE677 (if carrying CAD $ 10,000 or more) this form/Card you will get in flight also
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf
4. In case of luggage delayed for some reason than this form is required (Generally it is not required) Delayed Baggage Report – Form A23
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/a23.pdf

You may also need many of the other essential documents listed on cic link :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humsafar said:
Hi Sonu, Congratulation on you landing, can you advise if the Customs office ask to open the luggage and physically try to check the luggage against the List of accompanied goods or even a general inspection of items in this luggage.

Hi humsafer,
As far I know, yes they do open and inspect the luggage, but not comparing with accompanied list item by items (no one can spare that much time).

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What You Should Know About Winter

If you’ve recently arrived in Canada from a country with a warmer climate, you might be wondering what to expect from winter. It’s not uncommon in Canada to have days where temperatures drop as low as -30° Celsius (-22° Fahrenheit), freezing rain makes the roads as slippery as skating rinks and the snow piles up to your knees—but don’t think for a second that you’ll have to spend the winter months stuck indoors!

As long as you dress right and keep some important safety information in mind, you can still get out there and enjoy everything the season has to offer—from skiing, skating and sledding, to building your very first snowman.

Get the Right Winter Clothes:

As soon as the temperatures start to drop, you’re going to need a good winter jacket for day-to-day wear. You can buy one at any department or sporting goods store, or second-hand at a thrift shop. If you can’t afford a winter coat, there are also agencies in most Canadian cities that distribute coats and other winter clothes for free. Ask your local settlement agency or do a search online for details.

Wherever you get your coat, look for something that’s waterproof and well-insulated. You’ll also need warm mittens or gloves, a scarf and boots. A winter hat is essential, too, since a person loses most of their body heat through the top of their head.

Dress in Layers:

If you’re planning to do any kind of exercise outdoors—including skiing, skating, or even just a lot of walking—it’s a good idea to dress in thin layers underneath your coat. Not only will thin layers of clothing keep you warmer than one thick sweater, but they’ll also prevent you from sweating too much (something that can make you wet, which will make you even colder!) You’ll also be able to remove a layer if you start to get overheated.

Know When to Stay Inside:

On winter days, watch the news or listen to the radio before going out. You’ll want to know about any approaching snowstorms, freezing rain or extreme cold alerts. When you hear these warnings, it’s a good idea to change any plans you might have had for outdoor activities or unnecessary travel and to take extra care to dress warmly, even if you’re just walking to school.

Watch for Frostbite:

Frostbite happens when a person’s skin freezes as a result of being exposed to low temperatures. It usually affects fingers, toes, ears and noses. The first sign of frostbite is when skin becomes red and swollen and feels numb. After that, it can get grey, pale and blistered. If you think you may have frostbite, the first thing to do is to get inside! Don’t rub the skin. Instead, use warm (but not hot!) water to slowly warm the area. If the numbness doesn’t go away, see a doctor.

Know the Signs of Hypothermia:

When a person’s body temperature drops below what is needed to function normally (35°Celsius or 95° Fahrenheit), hypothermia can set in. This can happen even on a day that isn’t especially cold if a person gets wet and is exposed to the wind. Someone with hypothermia will shiver badly, slur their words and may become clumsy or confused. If you think you or someone you know has hypothermia, get inside as soon as possible. Call 911. Remove any wet clothing and wrap the person in warm blankets while you wait for help to arrive.

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

iamthebest

Mar 6, 2012
Hi Ipman,

It was really encouraging to read that you got Job ...so quickly.

Did you got your credential assessed.....was it of any help...in Job search....

It will be great if you could reply as I am pondering over the issue of getting credential assessed..

Thanks

B