+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by hmisabpk, May 9, 2010.

  1. Hi, zero,
    Thank you for your nice words.
    I don't think there will be tax, or duty on reasonable quantity of personal used books, cloths and or medication. Further information please visit link below or call the CBSA agents. If you have the vialed Permanent Resident (PR) card there will be no problem to return back to Canada, you may need the landing paper in future for citizenship application. Contact CIC for further information contact details are below. http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/cpr-crp-eng.html
    Additional information (CBSA)
    For more information within Canada, call the Border Information Service at1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada, call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long distance charges will apply). Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00-16:00 local time/except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada at 1-866-335-3237.
    You may obtain further information by consulting the publications (Guides and Brochures) available on the CBSA Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca.

    How to contact CIC within Canada
    CIC Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100 (toll-free) TTY : 1-888-576-8502
    Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time
    Outside Canada
    Contact a visa office at a Canadian:
    •Embassy, High Commission or Consulate
    Consult the local phone pages or the CIC website for addresses, phone numbers and website addresses.

    Here is the application form to request of confirmation of permanent residency from Cic http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1436B.PDF

    Please check the application forms and guides: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

    Hope that helps,

  2. Dear HMISABPK
    Assalam O Alaikum

    I need your advise regarding my situation; i have landed last Oct 2011 with my family, and stayed there, in Ontario, one month and came back to KSA, we did not apply for medical insurance at that time, as we were planned to move to Canada after one year permanently.
    My wife is expecting InshaAllah in July 2012, there are three possible options, each one has some constraint too;
    1..Moving to Ontario by first week of April; Constraint, my company is not leaving me for long leave, my wife does not want to go and stay there alone.
    2...Moving to Alberta in end of May ; Constraint, not sure whether or not they will provide coverage in our case from day 1.
    3...Sponsoring the baby InshaAllah, I will go first for 2 weeks and then submit the papers and then came back, i read this takes 6-7 months.

    Kindly advise me which one is better strategy.


  3. Dear Kim2011,

    First congratulation !!
    I am in exactly the same situation as yours. Even if you have delivery in your country, obtaining an immigrant visa for your newly born baby seems to be difficult. As you need to sponser your baby, and you are not living in Canada, the process seems to very difficult to obtain an immigrant visa for your baby.
    I am also expected a baby in June and going to have delivery in Japan.

    As your option 2 was possible before but I called them directly. As their answer was very confusing, we do not know whether they would give us the insurance like a new settler.
  4. Hello Hmisabpk,
    I need your help dear.

    I GOT my passport with PR ... I am a single applicant. I am bit concerned about Proof of Funds at the time of landing.. I am planning to carry 3000-4000 CAD.
    and rest of the money i will show in my indian bank account. i will carry starement and also certificate from bank stating balance and its its equivalency in CAD and also it can be withdrawn in canada and any of its international brances there. Here I am talking about State Bank of India which has presence in Canada as well..

    Please advise if thats would work.. I am very confused...

    Please help me dear..

    Thanks & Regards
  5. Hi, kim2011,

    Waalikuim Salam,

    To apply for
    Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
    • be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
    • be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days
    • OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/

    For Alberta please check the link: and also ask you relative in Alberta to check if you have a Plan to leave your family there.


    Sponsoring child could take some time more than 6-7 months.

    If your company is not leaving you, you can leave them by giving the end of service notice why wait for one year and disturb your future settlement in Canada, and of course more than anything your family will be disturbed. Companies in KSA look after their benefits; you may look after your and your family’s benefit and future.

    Brother, Why you have to wait and waste one year more in KSA for company's welfare? Keep your and your family's need first.

    Hope it helps you to decide.

  6. Hi, Abhishek,

    That will work, no problem as long as you have funds in your account which you can operate and manage able in Canada.

    hope that helps,

  7. thanks a lot buddy
  8. Thanks a lot HMISABPK for your prompt reply.

    If in case we move to Alberta directly from KSA, will Alberta Health Insurance treat us moving from outside Canada or from within Canada? Kindly advise.
    I made correspondence with Alberta Health Insurance, they replied me "If you are directly moving from out of country then your effective date
    will be the date you arrive in Alberta."

    Thanks & regards
  9. Hi, kim2011,

    You will be consider "directly moving from out of country" and your coverage date will be your arrival date as you quoted.

    hope that helps,


  10. Dear Hmisabpk,

    Great help-- God bless you! I tried also call form here, but they CBSA did not answer the phone. I will try again. I have valid PR card Until 2013 Aug. and when I will be Toronto, after 3 monthes, I will call the CSI and report my lost landing paper.
  11. Hi, Zero,

    That will work. I am think there will be no tax or duty on used personal cloth, books. However you can try these number to make sure before bring any thing to Canada.

    The Border Information Service (BIS) is a telephone service that automatically answers incoming calls and provides general information on CBSA programs, services and initiatives through recorded scripts.

    Service in English Service in French

    Calls within Canada
    Toll-free 1-800-461-9999 1-800-959-2036
    Calls outside Canada
    Long distance charges apply 1-204-983-3500, 1-506-636-5064
    1-204-983-3700 1-506-636-5067
    TTY within Canada
    For those with hearing or speech impairments 1-866-335-3237
    The information provided by the BIS is divided into the following categories:

    * Personal or traveller
    * Business importation/exportation
    * Currency exchange rates
    * Coming to Canada
    * We encourage you to listen to the recorded messages before pressing "0" to speak to an officer.

    Officers are available Monday to Friday (08:00 - 16:00 local time / except holidays) should callers require additional information.

    During high volume call periods, callers will be placed into a queue until an officer is available.

    Helpful Hints:

    Touch-tone phone users may use shortcuts at any time during the recorded message:

    Press "*" to return to the previous menu;
    Press "#" to repeat the message.
    Rotary-dial phone users cannot make selections from the recorded menus; however when calling during business hours, they will be transferred to an officer.

    hope that helps,

  13. Hey Zero,

    Who did you heard from? You can also send an email message to CBSA. Something black and white are always better than verbally.
  14. Hi, zero,

    Try to bring only very important and necessary few pairs of personal dresses and books, I hope there will be no tax.

  15. Cancer treatment by herbs

    I just want to convey this message to everyone as Sadqa-e-Jaria. One of my cousin got lung cancer few months back. That was really shocking to all his family members. Cancer diagnosed was of stage three. Immediately treatment was started from Pakistan most of the art hospital for cancer i.e. Shoukat Khanum Hospital in Lahore. But there were little chances to reverse the disease as it’s already reached to stage 3.Than one day somebody told us about a person who is treating cancer by herbs. We went there and he gave us some herbal medicines for ten days. It was really amazing when we saw an improvement in the condition of my cousin in just three days after taking the medicine. After using the medicine for one month, there is no such thing as cancer in his CT report. The doctors of S.K Hospital are really amazed and they talked to the person on phone.(Person who gave us medicine). I’m posting this add because if even a single human life is saved because of me will be a great honor for me. The name of that person is Mushtaq Khan sb, living in Risalpur Pakistan. His Mob#0344-9728499.He is not charging a single penny from the patients and giving the medicines free.
    I will request everyone to send this message to your contacts and if we are able to save some one life it’s like we saved whole humanity.
    I know this is not a proper forum for such things but I just want to save some one’s life.

Share This Page