+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My girlfriend got her Student visa, but mine was denied twice...Help, please

Alries

Apr 22, 2016
Me and my girlfriend applied at the same time for student visa. But hers was approved mine unfortunately mine was not.

I then applied for CAIPS notes:
-found out that my funds was not enough (my brother is the one supporting me and provided 55,000CAD)
-They want to know the nature of my work (I had 8 1/2 years experience working in a call center and now I am a full artist)
-lastly, they are not convince I will leave Canada (probably because, I stated that I would stay for 5 years after I graduate to gain experience)

So, on my second attempt with determination.
-I provided 97,000CAD funds (should be more than enough right?)
-Provided Job descriptions, portfolio of my artworks and list of shows and exhibits I joined as an artist
-provide proper details that I will go back after I graduate

:eek: ??? unfortunately lady luck was not on my side, they still denied my student visa application :mad:. I just received it today and this they included "travel history". I'm beginning to think, Canada just doesn't want me or interested with what I have to offer.

Now my plan B is to marry my girlfriend. we're turning 5years next month, I was really hoping to celebrate our fifth year in Canada and unfortunately it won't happen. So we'll get married during her school break and we will only have 3 months to prepare everything. Wedding then process sponsorship application so I can be with her.

I'm really sad, but is this the only options I have left? :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Alries said:
Me and my girlfriend applied at the same time for student visa. But hers was approved mine unfortunately mine was not.

I then applied for CAIPS notes:
-found out that my funds was not enough (my brother is the one supporting me and provided 55,000CAD)
-They want to know the nature of my work (I had 8 1/2 years experience working in a call center and now I am a full artist)
-lastly, they are not convince I will leave Canada (probably because, I stated that I would stay for 5 years after I graduate to gain experience)

So, on my second attempt with determination.
-I provided 97,000CAD funds (should be more than enough right?)
-Provided Job descriptions, portfolio of my artworks and list of shows and exhibits I joined as an artist
-provide proper details that I will go back after I graduate

:eek: ??? unfortunately lady luck was not on my side, they still denied my student visa application :mad:. I just received it today and this they included "travel history". I'm beginning to think, Canada just doesn't want me or interested with what I have to offer.

Now my plan B is to marry my girlfriend. we're turning 5years next month, I was really hoping to celebrate our fifth year in Canada and unfortunately it won't happen. So we'll get married during her school break and we will only have 3 months to prepare everything. Wedding then process sponsorship application so I can be with her.

I'm really sad, but is this the only options I have left? :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? :)
Could you give me on your profile ? What was your course, previous work experience ? Your Travel history - which country did you visit ?

Alries

Apr 22, 2016
I'm an undergrad of Hospitality Management back at my country and now enrolled for a 4year course of Bachelor of Business Administration with International Business Management Concentration and was accepted by the school... all I need now is the student visa.

My previous work experience, I had a total of 8 1/2 experience in a call center, but now I'm a full time artist.

I only traveled to Hong Kong, mostly because I preferred to travel different destination in my country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
FYI - getting married to your girlfriend still doesn't guarantee your visa will be approved. Being married to her means you will qualify to apply for an OWP - but whether that application is approved will be up to CIC.

Alries

Apr 22, 2016
I know it's not a guarantee.. but which one has a bigger chance? pursuit my student visa or apply for OWP when we get marry?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Why do you think that marrying your girlfriend will help you? If she isn't a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, she can't sponsor you for anything. This might also be seen as a Marriage of Convenience...

Alries

Apr 22, 2016
because both she and I wants to be near each other. that was the original plan. I was thinking, marrying her may be beneficial for the both of us. I can then apply for an OWP, pay for her school and at the same time we can be near with each other. She is easily homesick alone, and may decided not to continue with schooling. I keep encouraging her to stay, because I will look for a way to come to Canada and be with her. This is why I am so desperate to look for a way or the one with a better chance at entering Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alries said:
because both she and I wants to be near each other. that was the original plan. I was thinking, marrying her may be beneficial for the both of us. I can then apply for an OWP, pay for her school and at the same time we can be near with each other. She is easily homesick alone, and may decided not to continue with schooling. I keep encouraging her to stay, because I will look for a way to come to Canada and be with her. This is why I am so desperate to look for a way or the one with a better chance at entering Canada.
Since you already have two refusals, I would recommend you wait 6-8 months before attempting to apply again. If you get married quickly and then apply immediately for an OWP - CIC may think it's a marriage of convenience.

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Alries said:
If u two truly love each other, Why not just married first, apply a visitor visa to Canada to visit your wife. Then change your status from visitor to worker or student inside Canada? That might have lower risk than apply the owp directly from outside Canada.
I mean this idea just suddenly come out from my mind after reading your story, I am just saying, it is your choice.