+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience of Toronto after 1.5 yr and some suggestions for future students.

Devenn007

Jun 26, 2014
Hey dhillon1900 and gurpreet32.....am also going for same course and same college....n have an experience of 3yrs but in IT FIELD...but wanted to go in telecom or networking......so ur thoughts??

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
I am even more inspired to go their,
i need your help, can you please assist me a little? I am not sure my academic achievements fulfill min. admission requirements.
someone told me i must have 3cgpa out of 4 or 70% marks to get admission in masters. i believe its can be right but can you please enlighten me, you had pretty good experience their. i wish to study Masters in IT, is their any chance of getting me admission in cad uni's without having 3cgpa, i mean is this mandatory what if have less cgpa?
please help :'( :'( :'(

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Dhillon1990, and others active here..

On reading through the posts here, yes i also agree an university degree always holds higher value. The question i have is, i hear people saying that toronto is the best place to study as jobs are abundant there. Only toronto can offer good jobs. Can anyone throw some light on job opportunities in places like Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ottawa, New Foundland, New Brunswick?

I found the fees of universities in Toronto is more than that, at other provinces.. Can we get some constructive feedback on universites and jobs outside Toronto

I am karthik
Bachelors in mechanical engg ( cgpa 3/5)
10th 74 %
12th 60%
Looking for Masters in Mangement info systems & Business analytics.. or MS in marketing.
I have 3 years of experience in Business Analytics, Marketing Communications & pre-sales.
I have worked for fortune 500 clients like Airbus(1.5 yrs) Aon Plc/Aon Hewitt (currently working).

Would be glad if you could answer the questions diligently and give a profile review :).

Thanks,
Karthik

brdsk

Jun 25, 2014
Helllo.

Could you please tell me what is the case in HR field? I have 4 years of experience in India. little heads up would be of great help.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
what if we go there for one year college course and later do 1 year or 1.5 year university course ?

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
kartz said:
Hey Dhillon1990, and others active here..

On reading through the posts here, yes i also agree an university degree always holds higher value. The question i have is, i hear people saying that toronto is the best place to study as jobs are abundant there. Only toronto can offer good jobs. Can anyone throw some light on job opportunities in places like Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ottawa, New Foundland, New Brunswick?

I found the fees of universities in Toronto is more than that, at other provinces.. Can we get some constructive feedback on universites and jobs outside Toronto

I am karthik
Bachelors in mechanical engg ( cgpa 3/5)
10th 74 %
12th 60%
Looking for Masters in Mangement info systems & Business analytics.. or MS in marketing.
I have 3 years of experience in Business Analytics, Marketing Communications & pre-sales.
I have worked for fortune 500 clients like Airbus(1.5 yrs) Aon Plc/Aon Hewitt (currently working).

Would be glad if you could answer the questions diligently and give a profile review :).

Thanks,
Karthik
From my point of view you do have an ample experience in your field which should be enough to land a decent job in Toronto itself. But its not true that toronto has lot of white collar jobs and its easier to land one if compared to other provinces. Toronto has lot of schools and Universities so more competition and lesser chances of getting a job because they would definitely prefer a Canadian first than giving it to somebody who doesnt have a permanent resident. Your academics are alright but added with your experience they might give you the offer letter. Hope this helps.

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
jessica1 said:
what if we go there for one year college course and later do 1 year or 1.5 year university course ?
Can work for sure but I know little about it.

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
gurpreet32 said:
hey dhillon ??? can i do ccna in canada ???? why didnt u do it side by side ???
NO time bro. you' ll get busy with work n studies plus it is expensive here.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhillon1990 said:
From my point of view you do have an ample experience in your field which should be enough to land a decent job in Toronto itself. But its not true that toronto has lot of white collar jobs and its easier to land one if compared to other provinces. Toronto has lot of schools and Universities so more competition and lesser chances of getting a job because they would definitely prefer a Canadian first than giving it to somebody who doesnt have a permanent resident. Your academics are alright but added with your experience they might give you the offer letter. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply..
Yes i do agree big cities come with stiff competition..
But the larger question was, will being away from Toronto deny lucrative jobs/companies?? Or reduce opportunities??

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
dhillon1990 said:
I did wireless Networking then a 4 month course in Niagara college. You'll know if your coming with 1 yr course.
Please what 4 months course did u do in niagara, I am going to cambrian college sudbury for a 3 semester pg course in environmental monitoring with co-op and have 2 yr work experience as an Environmental Engineer in Nigeria I need tips for extending my study permit to get 3 yr PGWP.

Gireesh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 june
VISA ISSUED...
7 7 2014
Mm no comments :)

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
luvly3 said:
Please what 4 months course did u do in niagara, I am going to cambrian college sudbury for a 3 semester pg course in environmental monitoring with co-op and have 2 yr work experience as an Environmental Engineer in Nigeria I need tips for extending my study permit to get 3 yr PGWP.
There is a course in Niagara college of 4 months to get you a 3 yrs wp. They will transfer the credits of your previous course. You have lot of time to think about it don't worry n enjoy cambrian :)

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
dhillon1990 said:
There is a course in Niagara college of 4 months to get you a 3 yrs wp. They will transfer the credits of your previous course. You have lot of time to think about it don't worry n enjoy cambrian :)
Thanks alot...Guess you are talking about GAS ...

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so, is it good idea to get into 1 year masters program in university??

or it should be 2 years?