+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY CEC PR Application taking long time - Please Need an Advice

m10dx

Sep 20, 2012
Hi,

This is my first post here. I sent my CEC application on March 10th, 2011 to the Buffalo office. Here is my latest status:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 10, 2011.
We started processing your application on September 2, 2011.

The last thing I heard from them was RCMP Request on 9/9/2011 and I sent it sometime on October, 2011. I sent an email requesting the status of my application on May 10th, 2012 and got a response on May 14th, 2012 as follow:
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

So I'm worried right now since my PGWP is expiring on March 2013, what should I do?

Thanks,

Abdullah

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Wait patiently, check ecas for the status of your application. In the meantime, find out whether your employer would be willing to apply for a LMO for you. If approved, you can apply for a closed work permit. Note that your employer does not have to show recruitment efforts since you were hired under the PGWP.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
m10dx said:
Hi,

This is my first post here. I sent my CEC application on March 10th, 2011 to the Buffalo office. Here is my latest status:

The last thing I heard from them was RCMP Request on 9/9/2011 and I sent it sometime on October, 2011. I sent an email requesting the status of my application on May 10th, 2012 and got a response on May 14th, 2012 as follow:
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

So I'm worried right now since my PGWP is expiring on March 2013, what should I do?

Thanks,

Abdullah
i think ur background checks are taking longer than usual. it had happened to someone in the past from this forum, just wait and do as senorita says.

WhiteNoise

Sep 9, 2012
Depends where are you originally from ? Have you submitted police certificates from your country of origin as well. If you have lived in a region that has historically been subject to greater background checks .. it may take upto 2 years to get a response to your PR application. I have seen this happen to a lot of my Iranian friends for example through no fault of their own. Every application is different so mean times of processing may mean nothing for some cases. But in either case start taking measured for extension of your WP in the next couple of months. Try to gather as much supporting docs. you can to prove that your skill is valuable for Canadian economy and is in shortage for a positive LMO.

m10dx

Sep 20, 2012
WhiteNoise said:
Depends where are you originally from ? Have you submitted police certificates from your country of origin as well. If you have lived in a region that has historically been subject to greater background checks .. it may take upto 2 years to get a response to your PR application. I have seen this happen to a lot of my Iranian friends for example through no fault of their own. Every application is different so mean times of processing may mean nothing for some cases. But in either case start taking measured for extension of your WP in the next couple of months. Try to gather as much supporting docs. you can to prove that your skill is valuable for Canadian economy and is in shortage for a positive LMO.
Thank you all for your responses .... Ok I'm originally for Yemen in the middle east so I guess that might be a good reason :). Anyway, I'm an IT consultant and have been working on this field for 2 years and 9 months so far and I'm an employee in an IT Resourcing company. Do you think I will have a chance to get a positive LMO? Also, what kind of documents you might suggest that I'd need to gather?

Thanks,

Abdullah

tamzi08

May 25, 2012
m10dx said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Abdullah
Hi I could referr to your situation as I am a february 2011 applicant and have still not received the passport request. it has been over 18 months for me and not heard anything. We kind of have the same time line.

Do you know where your application is right now? Let's keep in touch as we are in the same boat.

Thanks
tamzi08

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
my application took over 2 years.
depends eh. as long as your criminal record and medical are fine, you are proved i think.
think this way, if you are not qualified, they already rejected your application.
anyway, just prepare for work permit extention in case it took longer.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
After reading your responses, i'm just dreading my own application. I have lived in 5 different countries before moving to canada. I've sent them the police certificates and everything, but I wonder how long they are going to keep me waiting cuz of that.

its just sillly - in this day and age, when most police checks can be completed with a push of a button, it takes them months.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
InfoSeeker12 said:
After reading your responses, i'm just dreading my own application. I have lived in 5 different countries before moving to canada. I've sent them the police certificates and everything, but I wonder how long they are going to keep me waiting cuz of that.

its just sillly - in this day and age, when most police checks can be completed with a push of a button, it takes them months.
It all depends on which countries... Yes, some countries have good systems and you're lucky if all 5 of your countries are all in that category - not all are... What IS silly (actually, much worse than silly) is requiring police checks from countries with no records, no transparency, well-documented problems of police corruption and abuse, and where any sane, decent person is afraid of the police... There are some countries where a "police clearance" would be more proof of criminality than the lack there of, but that's what Canada wants... Whoa, guess I'm still sore about that!

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Your application was probably sent to CSIS for a background check. The process is painfully slow, not necessarily because of the time it takes to research your background, but because CSIS is backlogged. Our company has to get clearances for most of our employees, and the background check for security clearances (which is similar to what they do for Immigration cases for the CIC) are very delayed.

I agree with other sentiments expressed. Prepare to get a favourable LMO as there isn't anything you can really do to speed this up.

samleb

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-april-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
now i understand my application, i guess i am in the same situation i am Lebanese
i sent my application in march 2012 and i haven't heard anything since not even file number ( usually 3 to 4 months )
the only thing they updated my status online to application received 2-3 months ago
so right now i am expecting that its gonna take longer then others because that background check.
my work permit expiration date is may 2013 and i going to apply for LMO in January as i am sure i will be landed before that and my boss is willing to help me but i heard its not easy and i have my lawyer to work on it so i don't know :)
just a question ( is there any difference between applying to LMO alone and applying through a lawyer , would that give it more chance for positive response )

m10dx

Sep 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to put an update to my case, though it too late :). To start, I finally got my PR and I've already landed. It turned out that even though I changed my address, it didn't got updated on my files so my Meds got sent to the wrong address. I got to know this after I sent for my GCMS notes and noticed that my old address is still then an there were no mentioning of my new address.

I sent an email to CIC informing them to update my address and re-send my Meds to the new address but 3 days later I got an email telling me that they rejected my PR application since I haven't yet send them the Meds. I tried to explain to them through emails my case and that I have contacted them several time about my application and that they never mentioned that they sent my meds and they were waiting for it, but the officer seemed to have a bad day and he rejected my case and told me it was final.

I contacted a local lawyer, told her about my case and she sent them a very long letter and eventually they reopened my case and sent me the Meds forms. Fortunately though, a new law came that PR applicants are eligible for OWP so I got lucky here and was able to renew my OWP.

Funny though, I got my OWP and my PR approval around the same date :)