+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My asylum application got rejected but I was already in a relationship and it’s been around a year.

Nurul Mehedy

Mar 25, 2024
Hi. I’m a boy.I filed my asylum application as a lgbtq member and I had a relationship with a girl. Few days ago my application got rejected and I was asked to ask for a review within 15 days. As I had a relationship and my girlfriend is a Canadian citizen and she has the capability to sponsor me. Can we get married at this situation and withdraw my asylum application. If I do so what can be the pros and cons of doing this? If possible then which one should I do first … getting married or withdrawing my file? Please explain the process. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I’m a boy.I filed my asylum application as a lgbtq member and I had a relationship with a girl. Few days ago my application got rejected and I was asked to ask for a review within 15 days. As I had a relationship and my girlfriend is a Canadian citizen and she has the capability to sponsor me. Can we get married at this situation and withdraw my asylum application. If I do so what can be the pros and cons of doing this? If possible then which one should I do first … getting married or withdrawing my file? Please explain the process. Thank you.
You should get a consultation with an immigration lawyer. Withdrawing your refugee claim will activate the removal order. Given the basis of your refugee claim, you can expect IRCC will look at the sponsorship application very closely and may have concerns this is a marriage of convenience. This is not a straight forward situation. Let legal advice.