+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Application sent back: Reason

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
Hi All, My Application for PR which was sent to NS for Pre-screening was sent back to me with the below reason,
And I feel they have just saw only "Application for PR" and not the whole form. They have not clearely stated if I am rejected or not eligible.
Just because I missed filling one field, they have not seen the rest of the pages. They just sent it back blindly... really feels bad that it cost 2 months for me.
I am just positng this as just an info to every one, "DO not miss any fields in the application", mention atleast "NA" or "NONE" but dont leave it blank, they may treat it incomplete.
The reply I got was :
  • You did not complete essential fields in the application form (IM0008). Please complete the highlighted section in the form. (See Page 2)

And they have highlighted the field " Other countries residential status" as it was blank.

They have simple returned my DD and application form, not even looked at the other important pages like Federal skilled worker application. This is saddddddd story.... I need to wait for another 2 months to know my result of eligiblity...

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
You have stressed this point very well roopa. Well done for that.
Unfortunately you got stung by the same mistake, and again, well done for your honesty in highlighting the mistake that others might make in the future.
A very speedy process to you.

Prits

Oct 3, 2009
your thread would be usefull for one of our member. I am referring this link to him. sorry to hear about your decission.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa said:
Hi All, My Application for PR which was sent to NS for Pre-screening was sent back to me with the below reason,
And I feel they have just saw only "Application for PR" and not the whole form. They have not clearely stated if I am rejected or not eligible.
Just because I missed filling one field, they have not seen the rest of the pages. They just sent it back blindly... really feels bad that it cost 2 months for me.
I am just positng this as just an info to every one, "DO not miss any fields in the application", mention atleast "NA" or "NONE" but dont leave it blank, they may treat it incomplete.
The reply I got was :
  • You did not complete essential fields in the application form (IM0008). Please complete the highlighted section in the form. (See Page 2)

And they have highlighted the field " Other countries residential status" as it was blank.

They have simple returned my DD and application form, not even looked at the other important pages like Federal skilled worker application. This is saddddddd story.... I need to wait for another 2 months to know my result of eligiblity...
Sorry mate, but believe me, you could have avoided the delay yourself by reading their guides and instructions.
Future Applicants should note this as well.

Here:
This is from the Guide 7000
"Complete all sections. If any section is not applicable to you, write “N/A” (“Not applicable”). If your application is incomplete it will be returned to you, and processing will not begin. Do not leave any blanks."

"Note: If you need more space for any section, use an extra sheet of paper on which you have indicated the number and/or letter of the section you are completing and submit it along with your application."

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
Hi Bobby, I am planning to resend the application this weekend. Can you please let meknow where did you find this message. I just want to make sure every thing is right this time. Thanks in advance for your reply..

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa said:
Hi Bobby, I am planning to resend the application this weekend. Can you please let meknow where did you find this message. I just want to make sure every thing is right this time. Thanks in advance for your reply..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG74.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Also,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
Thank you very much Bobby, I remember going through every bit of it, but inspite of checking my application several times I just missed this one small field. This can be a common mistake by any one, I just wanted to give my case as example to others. because it will cost them 2 months just for no reason.
Thanks for the reply. Hope I do it right this time.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa said:
Thank you very much Bobby, I remember going through every bit of it, but inspite of checking my application several times I just missed this one small field. This can be a common mistake by any one, I just wanted to give my case as example to others. because it will cost them 2 months just for no reason.
Thanks for the reply. Hope I do it right this time.
Good Luck.
BobbyB

joynmathai

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Roopa, I too got my application rejected back yesterday with the same reason and exactly on the same field (Other countries residential status). In my case, I can see them verfied all the other forms. Are you panning to modify IM0008 or all other forms with the new dates and signature.

yenz

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa said:
The reply I got was :

Hi ROOPA , check every section or every number that has to be filled up most especially the one which was highlighted, change the forms and submit it again along with your DD and other forms and also include the letter you received from NS. Check and re-check so won't miss anything.. Goood Luck and God Bless:)

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, me too I forgot to Write n/a on the very same filed. I guess I'm going to receive my Application back in the mail.

Totbatot

Oct 20, 2009
I have made the same mistake and it's been 8 days since my application is received in NS. I dunno if I should wait for CIO to send my application back or apply fresh.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
folks...

be sure to check the validity of DD when you reapply.
Generally DD would be valid for 6 months,... if you have already past 4 months in these hazzles of appln going back and forth between you and CIC, better get the validity extended before applying for 2nd time.

go to the bank with the DD and ask them to extend the validity... i guess they put some stamp and can extend for 6 months from date of stamp.

best of luck to all...

cheers boltz.

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
dear all i sent my application with same forms witch one send back to me just there was problem in fee i fix this problem but i did not change any form so the day on the forms old there is any problem or they will send me again.please give light on my case its being 45 days in cic no reply

aamirdr

Oct 16, 2008
Remedical done Medical Done
Category........
Visa Office......
London now... old Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 -08- 2009
Doc's Request.