+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application has been refused today for quite a vague reason

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi folks,
So after 3 frustrating months of waiting ,
a final decision has been made.
As predicted for a Yemeni applicant,my application was refused for the following reason ,

“Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.”

So I think it has something to do with mispresentation.
Let me enlighten you as to what happened.
The visa officer 2 months ago asked for additional information regarding the bank statement that was provided, he thought it was fraudulent and gave me a chance to respond.
So I replied with a certification letter from the bank that stated that the bank account and statement was valid and not therefore fraudulent.
Then waited for two months just to find my application has been refused just today.
It’s weekend today here in Saudi Arabia so I don’t know how they made the decision but that’s not the point anyway.
Good news is , that I’m allowed to reapply so technically at least I haven’t been banned totally from entering Canada and still have a chance although I might not take it.

I will ask for GS notes just to clear all this confusion.

To me the refusal letter seems vague so I thought it would be better to share it here to know your thoughts and maybe someone who has been through this before could enlighten me with anything.
Feel like they could have replied much earlier and need not to wait this long but it is what it is.
Thank you guys :)

Note: I have been refused twice now, I could do with one more.

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi folks,
As predicted for a Yemeni applicant,my application was refused for the following reason ,

“Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.”

The visa officer 2 months ago asked for additional information regarding the bank statement that was provided, he thought it was fraudulent and gave me a chance to respond.
So I replied with a certification letter from the bank that stated that the bank account and statement was valid and not therefore fraudulent.
Then waited for two months just to find my application has been refused just today.
It’s weekend today here in Saudi Arabia so I don’t know how they made the decision but that’s not the point anyway.
Good news is , that I’m allowed to reapply so technically at least I haven’t been banned totally from entering Canada and still have a chance although I might not take it.

To me the refusal letter seems vague so I thought it would be better to share it here to know your thoughts and maybe someone who has been through this before could enlighten me with anything.
Feel like they could have replied much earlier and need not to wait this long but it is what it is.

You should file for a CAIPS notes. There are many sites online providing this service. This will give you the exact reason why you were rejected.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks,

You are in fact banned from Canada. You were given the five year misrepresentation ban. Any applications submitted within the next five years will be refused.

IRCC always seems to include the standard "you are welcome to reapply" line at the end of these letters. However this does not apply to people who have been refused for misrepresentation and deemed inadmissible.

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
You are in fact banned from Canada. You were given the five year misrepresentation ban. Any applications submitted within the next five years will be refused.

IRCC always seems to include the standard "you are welcome to reapply" line at the end of these letters. However this does not apply to people who have been refused for misrepresentation and deemed inadmissible.
You have been here long enough to know, so I wanna ask you if have you ever witnessed a case similar to mine where the applicant managed to lift the ban ?
Cus with all due respect I don’t think they would write a whole paragraph for no reason. Yes I hate to admit but the odds are that I’ll get rejected but still there’s a chance .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have been here long enough to know, so I wanna ask you if have you ever witnessed a case similar to mine where the applicant managed to lift the ban ?
Cus with all due respect I don’t think they would write a whole paragraph for no reason. Yes I hate to admit but the odds are that I’ll get rejected but still there’s a chance .
I'm not aware of any situations where a misrepresentation ban has been lifted. If you want to try to lift the ban, you will need to hire a very good immigration lawyer in Canada to assist you.

Reactions: Harpal315

karanjessica

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
so, Majed what is your status now? have you confirmed from a highly reputed lawyer that it is totally banned or you can reapply? actually, it (paragraph 40(1)(a) applied on work permit of my husband.so, I m confused as well as worried about it.
Hi folks,

Hi folks,

I know a guy who got the same kind of letter because he was charged with drink and drive in usa and he was applying for visitor in canada. I am not sure but I think all this 5 years ban is related to the security of the country.
The best thing to do is to read all the information you have given them and clarify it to make sure it was all right. Also get pcc from your country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I know a guy who got the same kind of letter because he was charged with drink and drive in usa and he was applying for visitor in canada. I am not sure but I think all this 5 years ban is related to the security of the country.
The best thing to do is to read all the information you have given them and clarify it to make sure it was all right. Also get pcc from your country.
No - that's something completely different. That's being inadmissible due to a crime.

Inadmissibility and misrepresentation are two completely different things. A PCC won't help misrepresentation.

karanjessica

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
No - that's something completely different. That's being inadmissible due to a crime.

Inadmissibility and misrepresentation are two completely different things. A PCC won't help misrepresentation.
ok I believe in you Scylla.
Raman has to find out what could have taken place in that interview. Her husband knows it.

Reactions: Raman mandy

princesahib1=

Aug 16, 2019
Hi Guys
My husband's application for work permit from India is refused 2 days ago.
He get ban for 5 years under, 40(1)a and a40(2)a sections
Can anyone tell me the solution?
How can I appeal his case or anything that we can do to remove his ban?
I also heard that we can appeal within a month is this true?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi Guys
appealing a ban requires hiring expensive lawyers what did you do in your application that could have been the reason?did you file through an agent?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys
Did it say what you are accused of misrepresenting?