+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Application Batch 2016

Canada Aspirant 2016

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Hi All,

I am interested in applying for PR through MPNP. I have a close relative in Manitoba.
I intend to claim regional immigration points. What is the minimum stay history required to claim regional immigration points?

Please guide.

Thanks

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2016 [i](rejected on April 5, 2016)
Flyonsky said:
Hi Team,

I am also in journey of this Game and in which my score for Manitoba is 396 and i have one friend for sponsorship so what you all think i have to wait till the Current score will go upto my score ??/
As i study from last May 2015 - 607 to till 14th draw - 546 which is like in 11 months its just 61 point .

Kindly guide and help what to do in this case ??? :eek: :eek:
Man, I have the very same situation (except a little bit higher points in Manitoba's questionnaire) and - personally me - not expecting the drop of the draw's score below the 500 or around that - nor in this, neither the next year(s).

Don't make approximations or "average" on the "total point decrease" regarding the "passed time since the first draw": first draws been held decreased the ranking score 50 points each (the overall drop within a couple of weeks was kinda 100 points).
Last draws been held - each decrease the score for 2-5 points only (and, if I'm not mistaking, it was even raised once). That means, that the province still selects those, who has very similar (to yours) education, very similar level of language, very similar working experience and all other factors listed on Manitoba's site, except one thing - connection. They currently selecting from those candidates, who has close relatives in Manitoba (that means +150 points to yours)

Just think of the "community of the candidates" as of a kind of pyramid: the lower you go, the wider it becomes.
The lower score is achieved within each draw - the more candidates matching this score.

And - sorry, no particular advice for your question. I hope you have sent a letter of EOI to the province, when the intake of requests for an "exploratory visits" was open (in Jan - Feb 2016) - that gives you a weak chance (but that chance is way much stronger than your expectations of "decreasing the score below 400").

I'm sad to dissapoint you, but that's pretty obvious.

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Canada Aspirant 2016 said:
Hi All,

I am interested in applying for PR through MPNP. I have a close relative in Manitoba.
I intend to claim regional immigration points. What is the minimum stay history required to claim regional immigration points?

Please guide.

Thanks
you can claim "additional 50 points for regional immigration" only in case your close relative(s) live "outside of Winnipeg".

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Canada Aspirant 2016 said:
Hi All,

Please guide.

Thanks
The 50 points can be acquired if your close relative sponsor lives outside of Winnipeg. I dont remeber seeing minimum stay to be different from the usuall 12 months (1 year).

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Dear All,

I am also interested in MPNP, I have two questions

- How long my close relative has to stay in Mannitoba, for me to be able to apply.
- Also Is there any NOC specific issues, as my NOC is 1252 - Health Information Management Occupation... which is not a in demand noc...
Can this affect my application in negative way..

Thanks
rahul

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rahul1404 said:
Dear All,

I am also interested in MPNP, I have two questions

- How long my close relative has to stay in Mannitoba, for me to be able to apply.
If I'm not mistaking - generally it is considered to be "not less than 1 year"

rahul1404 said:
- Also Is there any NOC specific issues, as my NOC is 1252 - Health Information Management Occupation... which is not a in demand noc...
Can this affect my application in negative way..
No ideas upon this matter. I guess - "yes, that surely can have a negative effect", but I'm not sure you can change that in any way.
However, when you're applying for MPNP through their online system (that's the way you can get a huge advantage of having a close relative in Manitoba) - you're getting points not exactly for your occupation, but - first of all - for your (proven) language, (proven) experience, (proven) level of education and (proven) connection. So, definitely you should try - "close relative" gives you a lot of points, most of candidates don't have them ;)

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
rzvzl said:
If I'm not mistaking - generally it is considered to be "not less than 1 year"

No ideas upon this matter. I guess - "yes, that surely can have a negative effect", but I'm not sure you can change that in any way.
However, when you're applying for MPNP through their online system (that's the way you can get a huge advantage of having a close relative in Manitoba) - you're getting points not exactly for your occupation, but - first of all - for your (proven) language, (proven) experience, (proven) level of education and (proven) connection. So, definitely you should try - "close relative" gives you a lot of points, most of candidates don't have them ;)
Hi rzvzl

Thank You for your response... I really appreciate it....

Do they reject applications on Settlement plan as well ?

Thanks
Rahul

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
Hello,

Hope you are fine. I have some questions that I hope you will help me in giving correct answers to them.

I have applied under Skilled Workers Overseas stream. My occupation that I found in the list of NOC 2006/NOC 2011 is Software Engineer and Designer (2173) after which I suppose that my occupation is regulated, am I right? Please tell me what will be the appropriate answer of the following questions:

> If your occupation is regulated, what steps will you take to meet the requirements for working in this occupation in Manitoba?

Help is needed...

> If your occupation is regulated, can you start the licensing process before you arrive? Yes or No

I guess the Answer: Not applicable

> If your occupation is regulated, in what related, non-regulated occupations could you find skilled employment in Manitoba based on your training and work experience?

Help is needed...

> If your occupation is not regulated, what steps will you take before you arrive in Manitoba to ensure you find skilled employment soon after arriving in Manitoba?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noor

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
noorulhuda said:
Hello,

Hope you are fine. I have some questions that I hope you will help me in giving correct answers to them.

I have applied under Skilled Workers Overseas stream. My occupation that I found in the list of NOC 2006/NOC 2011 is Software Engineer and Designer (2173) after which I suppose that my occupation is regulated, am I right? Please tell me what will be the appropriate answer of the following questions:

> If your occupation is regulated, what steps will you take to meet the requirements for working in this occupation in Manitoba?

Help is needed...

> If your occupation is regulated, can you start the licensing process before you arrive? Yes or No

> If your occupation is regulated, in what related, non-regulated occupations could you find skilled employment in Manitoba based on your training and work experience?

Help is needed...

> If your occupation is not regulated, what steps will you take before you arrive in Manitoba to ensure you find skilled employment soon after arriving in Manitoba?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noor
Man, have you seen an APEGM site? I guess, you can find the answers for questions # 1 and 2 there.
# 3 - that's completely up to you; no one knows how far your experience extends and what "related" non-regulated NOCs it can cover.
# 4 - again, that's completely up to you (I guess, as a minimum - you might start finding work right now)

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rahul1404 said:
Do they reject applications on Settlement plan as well ?
I'm not sure you need a settlement plan at the stage of "applying into the MPNP online system".

Surely, later you'll need it, but I don't see any problems to compile it, maybe - not right now but later.

PS: You'd better go to their site, register and try to fill the application (without yet submitting it) - this will give you answers to the most of your questions.

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
rzvzl said:
Man, have you seen an APEGM site? I guess, you can find the answers for questions # 1 and 2 there.
# 3 - that's completely up to you; no one knows how far your experience extends and what "related" non-regulated NOCs it can cover.
# 4 - again, that's completely up to you (I guess, as a minimum - you might start finding work right now)
Thank you rzvzl very much for your answer, I found it very useful.

Regards,

Noor

Apostolovski

Feb 28, 2016
and do u know guys to tell me ....for example if the limit of EOI draws is 550 and u got lower points then that, do u got still have any chances be later nominated ? for example if u have 510 or - 520 ? or depends on every draw each month of the limit ?

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apostolovski said:
and do u know guys to tell me ....for example if the limit of EOI draws is 550 and u got lower points then that, do u got still have any chances be later nominated ? for example if u have 510 or - 520 ? or depends on every draw each month of the limit ?
I'll try to explain my personal opinion about your expectations with one simple diagram (see below):

(origin image in a normal quality - here)

Apostolovski

Feb 28, 2016
I appreciate rzvzl that u get time to answer about my question... tnx a lot mate and now i get a clear picture ! :)
i hope score will not go up ... :D thank u again !

rzvzl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apostolovski said:
I appreciate rzvzl that u get time to answer about my question... tnx a lot mate and now i get a clear picture ! :)
i hope score will not go up ... :D thank u again !
you're always welcome :)