+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP 2017

A

abdisarockstar

Any updates on your process?

My application was submitted on April 21, so you should get you application checked before mine.
I emailed them. They gave the standard reply saying it'll take 6 months. My status is still the same. I'm worried now.

How about you?

jabba1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Don't worry guys, they won't do anything with your app until your wp is about to expire-they give nomination 1-2 weeks before wp expiration. That's how it worked with all of my friends. For me it's probably going to work the same, I submitted app in April my wp expires at the beginning of September and still nothing's happening.

zctno1

Oct 25, 2015
Don't worry guys, they won't do anything with your app until your wp is about to expire-they give nomination 1-2 weeks before wp expiration. That's how it worked with all of my friends. For me it's probably going to work the same, I submitted app in April my wp expires at the beginning of September and still nothing's happening.
I dont think you're correct under my situation, in which my wp expires in 2019. So you're saying they are gonna get my Mpnp done by that time?

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
Hi. I am new to this thread. I just want to ask if I can choose to reside outside Winnipeg if my sponsor is living in Winnipeg? Reason for this is to have an additional points. Thank you in advance.

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
Hi. I am new to this thread. I just want to ask if I can choose to reside outside Winnipeg if my sponsor is living in Winnipeg? Reason for this is to have an additional points. Thank you in advance.
Your sponsor should be living outside of winnipeg to be eligible to add 50 points. God bless.

jabba1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
I dont think you're correct under my situation, in which my wp expires in 2019. So you're saying they are gonna get my Mpnp done by that time?
I'm talking about people who are trying to stay here permanently after 1-2year IEC work permit expiration :)

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
I emailed them. They gave the standard reply saying it'll take 6 months. My status is still the same. I'm worried now.

How about you?
My case is similar to yours. I got EOI end of feb and submitted all documents on 7th March 2017. Assessment pending on 20th of June and still the same. Permit expiring end of December.

A

abdisarockstar

My case is similar to yours. I got EOI end of feb and submitted all documents on 7th March 2017. Assessment pending on 20th of June and still the same. Permit expiring end of December.
So for your work permit you have an extra month than I do :p I had a question. When our PNPs get approved by God's grace, can we switch employers?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
So for your work permit you have an extra month than I do :p I had a question. When our PNPs get approved by God's grace, can we switch employers?
As far as I know, if you have a open work permit, you can work anywhere you want to. However, if you have a close work permit, then the new employer must be willing to pay $230 for your work permit and get it transferred from old employer to new employer. However, once you get your PNP and AOR number before your permit expires, you can file for a open work permit.

Even I am worried about the same thing. AOR number takes 3 months or less. So I will recommend you to get police clearance record for Canada. It takes about 6 weeks and keep all your documents ready till the time you get your PNP

A

abdisarockstar

As far as I know, if you have a open work permit, you can work anywhere you want to. However, if you have a close work permit, then the new employer must be willing to pay $230 for your work permit and get it transferred from old employer to new employer. However, once you get your PNP and AOR number before your permit expires, you can file for a open work permit.

Even I am worried about the same thing. AOR number takes 3 months or less. So I will recommend you to get police clearance record for Canada. It takes about 6 weeks and keep all your documents ready till the time you get your PNP
Thanks for your response. From what my dumb brain interprets, if I'm working for X right now and get my PNP next week or so, I can apply for an extension of my permit effective Nov 2017 and that'd be OPEN? And I can switch to Y any time before the current expiration of my permit?

PTfdp

Mar 17, 2016
Hopefully you are correct.
Do you believe that if an applicant is complying with all requirements from MPNP, they will always send the nomination letter before the visa expires? Thanks.

PTfdp

Mar 17, 2016
If you use the nomination letter to extend your work permit, you will be granted an employer-specific work permit, which means you will only be allowed to work for the employer mentioned in your work permit.
Check the CIC website for more details. I hope it helps.

Reactions: abdisarockstar

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for your response. From what my dumb brain interprets, if I'm working for X right now and get my PNP next week or so, I can apply for an extension of my permit effective Nov 2017 and that'd be OPEN? And I can switch to Y any time before the current expiration of my permit?
Once you get PNP and apply for your PR, you get a AOR number (AOR is a file number you get for your PR application). After you receive the AOR number, you can apply for open work permit as technically you're in process of applying for PR. However, if you don't get your AOR number, they you will have to go for closed work permit where your employer has to pay $230 for you application.

A PNP certificate is not enough to warrant open work permit. However, a PNP letter is required for a closed work permit via your employer (LMIA exempt). This is the most rubbish part by MPNP. They process the PNP applications based of the work permit. Those with lesser duration of work permits are processed faster.

Reactions: PTfdp