Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
polarbear said:
Major reasons to get an RQ:

1.) 10 years US Visa B1/B2 in your passport.

2.) Mentioning the word "Unemployed" in your citizenship application.

3.) Mentioning the word " Vacation " in your application.

4.) Mentioning the word " Homemaker " in your application.

5.) Too many US Entry Stamps in your passport.

6.) Entire family applying for citizenship in one application will trigger long processing time and RQ.

House Wife's staying at home are more likely to get RQ'S.

I don't mean to scare anyone. Just my personal opinion.

:-X
polar bear :

what should i do in my case? i have visited usa 7 times and have stamps for 3 times .For other 4 times i came back on same day .
I have few recipts to show as proof.

Now i am alos thinking to get CBSA Report so that they dont RQ me .i am applying in august this year. what should i do?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
polar bear :

what should i do in my case? i have visited usa 7 times and have stamps for 3 times .For other 4 times i came back on same day .
I have few recipts to show as proof.

Now i am alos thinking to get CBSA Report so that they dont RQ me .i am applying in august this year. what should i do?
I also have B1 visa and 1 visit to US...but it all depend on luck whether you get RQ or not, but US is a flag

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akka said:
Hmmm that is discouraging as I diligently worked for it, honestly completed my time. Even my wife rejected job offer in US to complete time here. I know many people who simply cheated the system.

I guess all I can do is try , by all genuine ways!

Thanks all for your help!
So you had plans all along to leave after getting Canadian citizenship? Unfortunately/ fortunately that's exactly what CIC is trying to prevent. That's kind of cheating in a way too.

also, someone said you are 'entitled' to citizenship after living here for 3 years. I beg to differ. Nobody is 'entitled' to citizenship but one becomes eligible to apply for it. Granting citizenship is still in the hands of judges/ officers and they can deny the grant of citizenship even if you meet the minimum requirements. It is a privilege for most and should be treated as such.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
polarbear said:
Major reasons to get an RQ:

1.) 10 years US Visa B1/B2 in your passport.

2.) Mentioning the word "Unemployed" in your citizenship application.

3.) Mentioning the word " Vacation " in your application.

4.) Mentioning the word " Homemaker " in your application.

5.) Too many US Entry Stamps in your passport.

6.) Entire family applying for citizenship in one application will trigger long processing time and RQ.

House Wife's staying at home are more likely to get RQ'S.

I don't mean to scare anyone. Just my personal opinion.

:-X
I agree to the above as I got RQ because I have a work permit in the US.

I am not sure no:6 has anything to do with RQ unless the whole family traveled frequently to the US.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if there is somebody here who eventually received their Canadian citizenship even after moving to the US.

Thank you.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
jpadz said:
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if there is somebody here who eventually received their Canadian citizenship even after moving to the US.

Thank you.
Define "moving." Packing up and severing all ties with Canada? Accepting a job in the U.S., but maintaining a residence in Canada and periodically returning? There is a lot of room for interpretation in the meaning of "moving."