+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada...?? Beware...!!!

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
doctor_kale said:
Thanks JPV2212!

I have had a word with several individuals from Canada and world and most of them spoke about the depressing fact that it is so difficult to get job in Canada....! However, there were few who told me that yes! though it is difficult to get job but if you project yourself well, and get some Canadian experience by volunteering...things will ease out!
I am glad you liked the post!

Cheers!

Dr_K
Yes, true.

Every system has its pros & cons. If anyone doesn't like to migrate to a new country, not even a single person is forcing him to do so. It's his own choice. At least he won't blame others for the situation.

Anyways, keeping apart all this demoralising people, I'd like to ask you Dr Kale, what's your status as a doctor?

Are you in Canada at present? If yes, what are you doing for living? I mean, pardon me, but this is just a curiosity what are the prospects for doctors in Canada. I am very well aware that practising medicine in Canada is next to impossible, but there should be other jobs available for IMGs, other than practising medicine.

Bigal653

Jan 13, 2015
it is not imposible to become a doctor in canada, but its costs a lot of money to do so, many just dont do it

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Bigal653 said:
it is not imposible to become a doctor in canada, but its costs a lot of money to do so, many just dont do it
I was talking about getting licensed for IMGs.

And, it's not only the cost. The time taken to get a license to practise is the main culprit. IMGs find it tremendously difficult to be licensed as a doctor in Canada. That's the major factor which deters IMGs to pursue licensure procedures.

Are you a doctor?

Bigal653

Jan 13, 2015
no i am not, but i know the process.

my wife is a licensed dental assistant, and for her to practice in her field she need to study another year in Canada.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Bigal653 said:
no i am not, but i know the process.

my wife is a licensed dental assistant, and for her to practice in her field she need to study another year in Canada.
Yes, dentist has quite a hard time to struggle for license. I know a friend of a friend of mine who was a dentist in his homeland, and after migrating to Canada, he is taking his exams for license.

However, he is earning so much through his survival job, that he once decided not to take dentist licensure exams and continue his survival job! :D

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
jpv2212 said:
Yes, dentist has quite a hard time to struggle for license. I know a friend of a friend of mine who was a dentist in his homeland, and after migrating to Canada, he is taking his exams for license.

However, he is earning so much through his survival job, that he once decided not to take dentist licensure exams and continue his survival job! :D
What kind of survival job pays more than a dentist's? If so it's not a survival job..

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
foodie69 said:
What kind of survival job pays more than a dentist's? If so it's not a survival job..
Yeah I know they are not typically called "survival" jobs if they are well-paid. But, what I meant to say was that he has been doing his job since he landed there, almost around one and a half year ago. At that time, he got a survival job, while doing preparation for his dentist licensure exams.

The exam was taking too long for him (I don't know why), by the time, he has been earning quite a handsome amount of money from his said job. So, there was a time when he actually thought continuing that job, and not doing preparation for exams. The reason was that he was saving enough money for his family, and already having quite a decent life then.

However, one's desire always remains in doing a job in his own profession. So, keeping that in mind, he continued his exam preparation. Of course, he will surely earn more than enough money when he passes all these and gets a license to practise (touch wood!) :)

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
Out of curiosity how is US work experience viewed in Canada? How about US degrees?

Is is still considered inferior non-canadian experience or is actually more valuable than a Canadian work ex.?

doctor_kale

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi JVP2212,

I have not moved to Canada yet as I am awaiting my visa. I wont be working as a Medical Doctor in Canada but as a Public Health Expert. Eventually figure out how to get 'mainstreamed' in Canadian Medical Sector.

Cheers!

jpv2212 said:
Yes, true.

Every system has its pros & cons. If anyone doesn't like to migrate to a new country, not even a single person is forcing him to do so. It's his own choice. At least he won't blame others for the situation.

Anyways, keeping apart all this demoralising people, I'd like to ask you Dr Kale, what's your status as a doctor?

Are you in Canada at present? If yes, what are you doing for living? I mean, pardon me, but this is just a curiosity what are the prospects for doctors in Canada. I am very well aware that practising medicine in Canada is next to impossible, but there should be other jobs available for IMGs, other than practising medicine.

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How relevant is the article today, considering that it was written five years back? When I go through the job openings, I seldom come across "Canadian Experience" in the eligibility criteria. Should I be reading experience as "Canadian Experience"?

doctor_kale

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
xyris87 said:
How relevant is the article today, considering that it was written five years back? When I go through the job openings, I seldom come across "Canadian Experience" in the eligibility criteria. Should I be reading experience as "Canadian Experience"?
Hi XYRIS87,

I believe employers do not write "Canadian Experience" on job advt, no one will...however, when you are called for an interview (if at all you are!), you are asked about your work experience in Canada...which is...??

Cheers!

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doctor_kale said:
I believe employers do not write "Canadian Experience" on job advt, no one will...however, when you are called for an interview (if at all you are!), you are asked about your work experience in Canada...which is...??
Uh, oh. This is worrisome. I'll follow this thread and will wait to hear from other members about their job search experience.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
xyris87 said:
Uh, oh. This is worrisome. I'll follow this thread and will wait to hear from other members about their job search experience.
Hi,
You better be following this thread. It's specifically focused on Finding work in Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-in-canada-b21.0/

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpv2212 said:
Hi,
You better be following this thread. It's specifically focused on Finding work in Canada.
w w w.canadavisa. c o m/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-in-canada-b21.0/
Thanks!