+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's name different in my passport and sibling passport. How to claim points

Amit23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
India
My mother's name was changed after her marriage. She used that new name for few years but later she decided to use her original name. So there is a mismatch in my documents. In my birth certificate and school/college certificates, her name is Anita. But in my passport, her name is Santosh. Surname is same.

Also, my sister had received her PR and moved to Canada, so I am hoping to add 15 points in my CRS scores for sibling, but on her passport and birth certificate the mother's name is Anita.

On our birth certificates, Father's and Grandfather's name is same.

I am confused what to do now. Seniors please suggest.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
My mother's name was changed after her marriage. She used that new name for few years but later she decided to use her original name. So there is a mismatch in my documents. In my birth certificate and school/college certificates, her name is Anita. But in my passport, her name is Santosh. Surname is same.

Also, my sister had received her PR and moved to Canada, so I am hoping to add 15 points in my CRS scores for sibling, but on her passport and birth certificate the mother's name is Anita.

You can find a lawyer and take an oath to prove the relationship. That document from the lawyer is sufficient for proving your relationship.

Spyder

Jun 21, 2018

I am also going through the same situation .. my father's name is same on mine and my brother's passport but there is a masmatch in mother's name .Not sure what to do .

Will having the same father not suffice for claiming sibling points ??

Amit23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
India
You can find a lawyer and take an oath to prove the relationship. That document from the lawyer is sufficient for proving your relationship.
Thanks a lot. I'll contact a lawyer here. Do you know any standard format for the oath or link where I can find it? It will be helpful.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Thanks a lot. I'll contact a lawyer here. Do you know any standard format for the oath or link where I can find it? It will be helpful.
The lawyer should know it. I did mine in toronto and the lawyer's assistant told us what to bring and gave us the oath document.

JZ82

Jul 4, 2017
hi

were you able to solve it? kindly help. i am also in same situation.

JZ82

Jul 4, 2017
I am also going through the same situation .. my father's name is same on mine and my brother's passport but there is a masmatch in mother's name .Not sure what to do .

Will having the same father not suffice for claiming sibling points ??
hi

Amit23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
India
hi

I am planning to attach a "Same person" affidavit attested by Notary. My sister told that she also had to use the affidavit as the mother's name or her passport and mother's passport are also different. It worked and she got PR so I will also use the same affidavit for me.

Spyder

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah i checked with different members on this and they suggested to attach a one and same person affidevit.

I have got the affidevit . Working on rest of the documents so havn't submitted the profile yet .

Amit23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
India
Yeah i checked with different members on this and they suggested to attach a one and same person affidevit.

I have got the affidevit . Working on rest of the documents so havn't submitted the profile yet .
I'll be creating my EE profile today. Just waiting for WES report which will be completed today.

JZ82

Jul 4, 2017

can you please share the format of affidavit?

Spyder

Jun 21, 2018
There are many formats available online but this is what i used ..

I, _______D/o _______ R/o ________________holding _______ passport with number. XXXXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
1. That the deponent is citizen of _____ and resident of the above mentioned address.
2. That _________ and _________ are the same person.
3. That I am executing this Affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and to use the same for whatever legal purpose it may serve.

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
There are many formats available online but this is what i used ..

I, _______D/o _______ R/o ________________holding _______ passport with number. XXXXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
1. That the deponent is citizen of _____ and resident of the above mentioned address.
2. That _________ and _________ are the same person.
3. That I am executing this Affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and to use the same for whatever legal purpose it may serve.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what is deponent, the person or lawyer