+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's name different in my passport and sibling passport. How to claim points

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
There are many formats available online but this is what i used ..

I, _______D/o _______ R/o ________________holding _______ passport with number. XXXXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
1. That the deponent is citizen of _____ and resident of the above mentioned address.
2. That _________ and _________ are the same person.
3. That I am executing this Affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and to use the same for whatever legal purpose it may serve.
Hi,
Did you get it from natary public on the letterhead or made yourself and just notarized?

nishasachdeva

Oct 2, 2019
Hi guys,

Does affidavit work? My sister has been writing our parents name as Rakesh Kumar and Shashi Bala and I have been writing just the first name, i.e. Shashi and Rakesh.
Do you think, getting an affidavit would work in this case?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi guys,

Does affidavit work? My sister has been writing our parents name as Rakesh Kumar and Shashi Bala and I have been writing just the first name, i.e. Shashi and Rakesh.
Do you think, getting an affidavit would work in this case?
Do you both have birth certificates? What are the names in either of your certificates?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
we have birth certificates but mine doesn’t include my name on it. Although, parents names are same there.
Then that will be sufficient. It will be a good idea to get your certificate updated with your name though. The issuing authority should be easily able to do that.

nishasachdeva

Oct 2, 2019
Yes, sure. I have submitted my application and have enclosed our passports with an affidavit stating that our parents are same. Fingers crossed now! Also, I will apply for birth certificate and if asked, I will have it ready with me.
Thanks for all your help!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, sure. I have submitted my application and have enclosed our passports with an affidavit stating that our parents are same. Fingers crossed now! Also, I will apply for birth certificate and if asked, I will have it ready with me.
Thanks for all your help!
If you get an updated birth certificate with your name on it, send it immediately using case specific inquiry and explanation. Don't wait for them to ask for it.

Syndenham

Oct 13, 2017
There are many formats available online but this is what i used ..

I, _______D/o _______ R/o ________________holding _______ passport with number. XXXXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
1. That the deponent is citizen of _____ and resident of the above mentioned address.
2. That _________ and _________ are the same person.
3. That I am executing this Affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and to use the same for whatever legal purpose it may serve.
Do you attached documents with this affidavit to give to the lawyer who provided u this affidavit? And also for PR?