19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello guys

So my mother applied for a super visa a few years back

Her visa expires in august this year

Now my question is is it possible for to extend that visa while she is in canada ? And is it easy to get approved for extensions

And is it possible in any way to get PR ? What are some ways to get that ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys

So my mother applied for a super visa a few years back

Her visa expires in august this year

Now my question is is it possible for to extend that visa while she is in canada ? And is it easy to get approved for extensions

And is it possible in any way to get PR ? What are some ways to get that ?
You can apply to extend her status while she is in Canada if she wants to stay longer. However this won't extent the actual super visa. The extension will only allow her to remain in Canada longer for this specific visit.

If she wants to be able to leave and then visit in the future, she needs to apply for a new super visa.

The main way for parents to get PR is through the parent / grandparent family sponsorship program. You will first need to meet the minimum income requirements to qualify to sponsor her. You will then need to enter the lottery and hope you are selected as a sponsor. The lottery is generally held once a year. Those selected can then sponsor their parents for PR. We don't know when the lottery is going to open this year.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
You can apply to extend her status while she is in Canada if she wants to stay longer. However this won't extent the actual super visa. The extension will only allow her to remain in Canada longer for this specific visit.

If she wants to be able to leave and then visit in the future, she needs to apply for a new super visa.

The main way for parents to get PR is through the parent / grandparent family sponsorship program. You will first need to meet the minimum income requirements to qualify to sponsor her. You will then need to enter the lottery and hope you are selected as a sponsor. The lottery is generally held once a year. Those selected can then sponsor their parents for PR. We don't know when the lottery is going to open this year.
Thanks for the reply

Can she apply for another super visa while she is in canada ?
Or does she need to go back ?