+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

most shocking refusal for TRV ever

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
I got my passport today with refusal, i applied 2nd time for TRV to visit my wife who is student is canada since sept 2011, whn i applied 1st time wid 4.5 lakh funds and annual income of 3.5 lakh INR and refusal reasons were insufficient funds and no personal assets

whn i applied 2nd time i showed

8,00,000 INR personal savings which came from genuine source
attached agricultural income as well this time so total income was 8 lakh INR approx.
showed own agricultural land worth 5 crores INR

and refusal reasons was-:
1. no family ties
2. no personal assets or financial status
3. purpose of visit ( I am going 2 meet my wife , should i have to explain why i am visiting canada)
4. you do not have sufficient funds to maintain yourself while your stay in canada ( stay was abt 30 dayz wid booked ticket) and funds available was approx CAD 16000

now wht da f***k was that , i am badly confused now how to cover up these points,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think CIC suspects you want to stay in Canada rather than just visit.

What proof did you include to show strong ties to your home country?

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
suspects?? wht does it means, i mean if dey hve doubt i will not come back dn y dnt dey straight forward tell me v'll nt give u visa, i really can't understand dis situation, my wife is studying der and visa officers knows dis very well if student goes to canada most of dem apply for PR der, and same my wife gonna do, now bloody problem is dis, if m getting my things straight away dn y da hell i will create problem for me by overstaying der, and dese people knws very well once my wife will get PR card dn evn da whole cic department can't stop me going 2 canada, without showing single funds n property,
but whts da hell is happening now, v people jst wanted 2 see each other n want 2 spend some time , she went der for studies how can she come 2 hometown for 2 months by leaving her studies, dis is hell??

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
last time i showed 16000 CAD going 2 re-aply again on monday bt dis time going 2 add more funds in personal account and m having joint account wid my father as well n havin approx 20,000 cad in it, so i hope 26000 CAD will b sufficient 2 carry out and maintain my stay in canada, m doing business as well, m running 2 private education training centres in 2 different cities with annual income of 5 lakh approx and m having agricultural land as well on my name which was handled by my father and evn my father had visited canada many times, i specially highlighted in my letter that i came back from australia and UK on time and evn had gr8 opportunities 2 settle der as well bt i came back, now wht else dey r expecting from me, ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"Suspects" means that you unfortunately fit the profile of someone who may plan to remain in Canada permanently rather than just visit. It is your obligation to prove in the application that you only plan to come to Canada for a visit and have no plans to remain in Canada long term.

Unfortunately in the past, too many people have cheated the system by coming on a visit visa to see a spouse on a study permit and then tried to remain in Canada long term. As a result, strong evidence of ties to your home country is now required to be approved for a visit visa. There's no point in blaming CIC or the visa officers. The rules are strict because so many people have abused the process in the past.

You haven't mentioned what information you included to show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans to remain in Canada long term. In addition to the return ticket and bank balance you showed, it's also recommended that you include as many of the following as possible: proof of employment, proof of property ownership, proof of business ownership, proof of school enrollment, rental agreement, additional bank accounts and other assets owned, etc.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
yes i had shown proof like personal assets, business ownership, bank accounts, return ticket, and proper explanation of my business on letter head of academy, moreover my younger brother is also studying in canada, and m living wid my parents, so m only one who is taking care of dem, if i will stay der, dn who is gonna take care of business and parents?? visa officer is not going through properly into my profile, m surprised if he thinks i will nt come back or m fake dn y dnt he call me for interview , i think dey r nt even reading my file properly bcoz it was rejected already n applied twice

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
thanks for ur help scylla, actually i think mostly visitors visit country and come back to their home towns, bt how abt students , 90%+ students dn not come back to there home town whn dey go to canada for studies and same student while getting visa add lot of statements to prove that he will come back to his country after finishing da course bt actually dey dnt, now y dnt dey take strict action against students?? u knw why?? bcoz dey r getting money from dem? only money matters? nothing else

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The fact that your brother is already studying in Canada works against you unfortunately.

I assume you included proof that shows you support your parents as proof of ties to your home country?

I don't think I can be of any more help unfortunately.

Good luck if you decide to apply again.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
I am bit confused... does same rule applies to mother's super-visa ... Super-visa is for long term stay, and hope need not to proof such thing for my mother in her application :-X

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - some of the same rules apply for the super visa. See the following page of the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-who.asp

Specifically:

Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

the person's ties to the home country;
the purpose of the visit;
the person's family and financial situation;
the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
an invitation from a Canadian host.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
In letter I mentioned to stay until visa is granted... did not mention more than that hmmmm... seems I made a mistake? i'm bit concerned now :(

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Bro, sorry to hear about your refusal. In your letter did you explain you are the only son in India who is taking care of your parents? The thing is they will keep refusing you on this basis. The fact your wife is in Canada - makes it a very strong tie to Canada. last week a guy I know applied for Canadian visa for minimum documents he got visa since he had no family or relatives living in canada all he showed was hotel booking in Niagara Falls for 5 days and 5 days hotel booking in Toronto. and he showed around $5000 in his bank account. Just wait don't apply now, visitor visa system is slightly going to change this summer with a right to appeal too.

Though, i know its stupid that they don't take into consideration that your parents live here and youre the only person taking care of them. Go to your city's Member of Parliament and get a letter of recommendation which states that what you are telling them is right and you will come back to India within the stipulated time. That's the only thing I can really think of right now. Your other options are apply for a short course in Canada- you will have to show minimum of $10,000 in ur bank account & take a small 3-6 month course thats upto u if u study or not but usually theyre not expensive under $3000.

Message me before you try to apply again- they will deny you even if you show INR 10,00,000+ ..thats all liquid money..someone can send u this when you're in canada. Your business- well someone can run on your behalf - keep sending you the profit(income) etc...so you gotta think logically. Having parents in your home coutnry is just not "enough" (apparently)

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
no bro, dis system is jst f****n me badly now, i relly dnt knw wht else dey r expecting from us? if dey really dnt think tht i will not come back 2 my country dn y dnt dey tell me straight forward that v will not issue v visa without any reason, i mean wht da f**k it means tht u do not have sufficient funds 2 maintain urself in canada i mean 16000 cad r not enough for one month visit?? i shoed the proper property on my name? and reason dey gave me no personal assets?? i dnt think dey evn checked da file, dey jst threw it from outside dis time