+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most economical college with less living expenses

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hi

I am a Express entry candidate with 420 marks. As the current intake is around 470, so it is highly unlikely that i will ever get invitation via EE. Now i am looking for 1 year course in Canada to get in and get PR. I have 8 years of experience in IT and Currently i am working in US for the past 6 months. Mine elder brother has a Canadian PR and i too have a US work visa and Canadian tourist visa. Please suggest some good colleges with less Fee and living expenses

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pick a two year course so that you qualify for a three year PGWP. If PR is your goal, a one year course is a bad idea and may not get you there. Pick a public college (not private) and make sure you select a program that makes sense in light of your previous education and work experience - otherwise CIC may think you're not a genuine student. For example, if you already have a Bachelor - you should be taking a post graduate diploma in Canada (or preferably a Masters). To be approved for a study permit, you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover first year tuition + $10K in living expenses.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks a lot

scylla said:
Pick a two year course so that you qualify for a three year PGWP. If PR is your goal, a one year course is a bad idea and may not get you there. Pick a public college (not private) and make sure you select a program that makes sense in light of your previous education and work experience - otherwise CIC may think you're not a genuine student. For example, if you already have a Bachelor - you should be taking a post graduate diploma in Canada (or preferably a Masters). To be approved for a study permit, you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover first year tuition + $10K in living expenses.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cost of living probably similar across the country but also remember you will be subject to international fees being a non resident of approx 15000 to 18000 CAD per year plus living expenses so could be in region of 30k per year. Fees are pretty standard in this range whichever college you attend. With the correct appplication for study and off campus work you would only be allowed to work for 20 hours a week during study and then assuming you finish the course and get a PGWP you then need to include in your plan reestablishing your funds to support any PR application. As previous poster has said you would not want to make such an investment if the course does not improve you chances of employment or PR just for the sake of a course so no good applying for a cooking/culinary diploma if you are in IT, maybe project management or global business management or business administration.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
30000K per year will amount to around 15 lakhs per years....which means around 30 lakhs for two years....i was looking for something in the range of 10-15 lakhs

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Six months in US means you are working in the field you want. give yourself some time and think through the options carefully.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
economicalindian said:
30000K per year will amount to around 15 lakhs per years....which means around 30 lakhs for two years....i was looking for something in the range of 10-15 lakhs
Sounds like you have quite a bit of online research to do.

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
There is a program in Northern lights college which is cheap around 11 lacks fee. Its not a big city but fee is less. Post graduate diploma in Business Management - IT specialization. This will be a relevant course for you.

link: http://www.nlc.bc.ca/Programs/All-Programs-Alphabetical/Business-Administration-Post-Degree-Diploma-Information-Technology-Specialization

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
thnx sammy ...is it a public college

Sammy3 said:
There is a program in Northern lights college which is cheap around 11 lacks fee. Its not a big city but fee is less. Post graduate diploma in Business Management - IT specialization. This will be a relevant course for you.

link: http://www.nlc.bc.ca/Programs/All-Programs-Alphabetical/Business-Administration-Post-Degree-Diploma-Information-Technology-Specialization